Grand Californian Super Thread

Anyone have a recent experience renting a cabana? I’ve googled and searched the forums but can’t seem to find a price estimate within the past two years.

I’m guessing around $300 for a half day for peak time of year, does that sound about right? What does the timeframe of that look like?
I am also curious to know this.

For club level do they have any mickey shaped foods? I see at DLH they do so, I was curious if the did at GCH too. Also if anyone has and pictures from the club food selections that they could share that would be great.

Last edited:
My full day cabana rental on 13 Jun 2018 was $349

Thank you! I think I’m going to go for it. We usually always do the WOC Dessert Party and the Blue Bayou Fantasmic package and if those experiences are unavailable I could easily take the moola I would have spent on that and put it towards this...

For club level do they have any mickey shaped foods? I see at DLH they do so, I was curious if the did at GCH too. Also if anyone has and pictures from the club food selections that they could share that would be great.
Mickey sugars are the extent that I recall. Definitely no Mickey waffles like DLH had. (I would suspect food offerings could change quite a lot for now so I wouldn’t get too excited if you find pics.)

Mickey sugars are the extent that I recall. Definitely no Mickey waffles like DLH had. (I would suspect food offerings could change quite a lot for now so I wouldn’t get too excited if you find pics.)

Mickey sugars? How in the world did I miss those? Where were they located? By the coffee? Talk about a hidden Mickey in club level.

Oh another thing, she mentioned they have pods to rent too that only sit like 2 people for 99 a day- has anyone used those? I can't seem to find pictures or mention of it anywhere.
That is much more my price range! Pretty sure they had something like that in Aulani. Were you able to book? Thanks!

That is much more my price range! Pretty sure they had something like that in Aulani. Were you able to book? Thanks!

Unfortunately not, she said they're not taking any type of reservations (dining, pool, etc.) right now. She said everything is on hold until the state of CA approves their re-opening date. She said to keep an eye on things and be ready to call back right when the news hits.

Unfortunately not, she said they're not taking any type of reservations (dining, pool, etc.) right now. She said everything is on hold until the state of CA approves their re-opening date. She said to keep an eye on things and be ready to call back right when the news hits.
That totally makes sense. Thank you! Did you call the cabana number on the website?

Here is a link to a photo of the casabellas they rent at Aulani:

https://touringplans.com/blog/2014/09/05/cabanas-casabellas-disneys-aulani-lazy-river-lazy-enough/
I wonder if it is a similar setup at the Grand?

That totally makes sense. Thank you! Did you call the cabana number on the website?
I wonder if it is a similar setup at the Grand?

Yes, that’s the number I called. The CM I talked said she’s more of a fill in for the hotel line right now and not an expert. She had to put me on hold to ask more about what the cabanas were like.

She said it’s like a big circle couch and they bring you umbrellas and you get service too? Maybe I’m overthinking it but I’m having a hard time picturing this haha!

If it’s like that Aulani set up that’s perfect! Since we are planning on staying inside the Disney bubble our whole stay, I thought a splurge pool day would help ease the bummer of no beach day. We’re trying to be as cautious as possible and not bounce around too much on our trip.

Yes, that’s the number I called. The CM I talked said she’s more of a fill in for the hotel line right now and not an expert. She had to put me on hold to ask more about what the cabanas were like.

She said it’s like a big circle couch and they bring you umbrellas and you get service too? Maybe I’m overthinking it but I’m having a hard time picturing this haha!

If it’s like that Aulani set up that’s perfect! Since we are planning on staying inside the Disney bubble our whole stay, I thought a splurge pool day would help ease the bummer of no beach day. We’re trying to be as cautious as possible and not bounce around too much on our trip.
Interesting! Thank you so much for the info. We plan on staying in the bubble too and booked an extra day just for the pool.

Oh another thing, she mentioned they have pods to rent too that only sit like 2 people for 99 a day- has anyone used those? I can't seem to find pictures or mention of it anywhere.
Thanks for this. We wanted to book a cabana for check in day of our Memorial Day trip, then we figured we'd move that to Labor Day or another time. We like staying offsite the night we fly in, then rope dropping on check in day, but usually we kind of lose steam by lunch and want to relax at the hotel but our room is rarely ready before 4. So we've been thinking a cabana by the pool would be a nice way to bridge the early park/late room ready time for a splurge.

Now I’m daydreaming of laying in one of these.... That sounds about right based on how she described it! We’re so excited to stay at this hotel- it definitely helps balance out the things the parks might not have. I need some much needed relaxing, don’t we all right?

I wonder if it's like this? The resort we stayed at in Costa Rica had these and they were comfy
View attachment 502054

Ok thanks! I saw waffles and watermelon shaped like mickey. I just like taking pics of all the mickey foods like the eggs for the eggs Benedict at the plaza inn...lol

Please tell me someone has a pic of the Mickey sugar?

Those Casabellas look like just the ticket.

I wonder if it's like this? The resort we stayed at in Costa Rica had these and they were comfy
View attachment 502054

I called today to see if we could reserve since the hotels have the official go ahead to open and he told me the cabana rentals are on the same system as dining so when we see dining open that's when you can call to reserve this. He also confirmed this is what the smaller two person ones look like. Just thought I'd let you all know! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!