Grand Floridian Cafe -- Desserts?

Redwitch

DIS Veteran
Has anyone eaten at the GFC on the DDP? I noticed they have mini-desserts. Do you get one? Two? Three? I'm curious!

Thanks!

Hi, The GF Cafe also has a WONDERFUL chocolate fondue dessert. :thumbsup2 The menu says it is for 2 but could easily serve 4 if you had just had dinner! Joan

I was there last week...and this is my favorite restaurant we ate at.

When the waitress showed us the plate of mini desserts there were four on there and i was like I'm not sure which one I want...oh the choices. She smiled and said no silly you get all four on the plate. I ask if that was for one or two people she said no everyone could get the mini plate. So my hubby and I each got it. My sil ordered the fruit fondue and I said now that is for two right she said no you could order it for one. It just would feed two people so my SIL and BIL ordered the fondue and mini plate and shared them.

Anyway enough of my rambling you can get all four on the plate....and it comes with this cute chocolate medalion of the castle. My kids loved that.

We were there on Monday and we were told we could choose two mini desserts from the plate, while on the dining plan. Dh ordered regular NY style cheesecake with strawberries for dessert and was not charged extra. The cheesecake was GREAT!

One of the best meals we had all week! The French Onion Soup App. was delicious! :thumbsup2

Our waiter there was very friendly and let us get whatever we wanted. He also let the kids get what they wanted. DD orderd a hamburger & fries from the kids menu and he brought her out a HUGE adult-sized burger & fries. On the bill, it was $9.99 and not the $3.99 price on the kids' menu. He also brought us bottled water at $4 a pop, and asked if we each wanted a shrimp skewer on top of our steaks. DH did which was $10 extra. He also let us have smoothies for our drinks. For dessert, he brought the kids Haagen Dazs ice cream in very large tall ice cream dishes. DH and I each chose only one thing from the mini-dessert plate (key lime pie) since we were stuffed to the gills. It was very good. Our dinner came to $188 for 2A & 2K which is a lot considering it's only one credit on the dining plan. This was DH's favorite place out of our TS meals. I would go again in a heartbeat.

Here's a picture of DD's appetizer:
Our waiter there was very friendly and let us get whatever we wanted (extras that are not part of the dining plan). He also let the kids get what they wanted (said theydidn't have to get kids meals). DD orderd a hamburger & fries from the kids menu and he brought her out a HUGE adult-sized burger & fries. On the bill, it was $9.99 and not the $3.99 price from the kids' menu. He also brought us bottled water at $4 a pop, and asked if we each wanted a shrimp skewer on top of our steaks. DH did which was $10 extra. He also let us have smoothies for our drinks. For dessert, he brought the kids Haagen Dazs ice cream in very large tall ice cream dishes. DH and I each chose only one thing from the mini-dessert plate (key lime pie) since we were stuffed to the gills. It was very good. Our dinner came to $188 for 2A & 2C which is a lot considering it's only one credit on the dining plan. This was DH's favorite place out of our TS meals. I would go again in a heartbeat.

Here's a picture of DD's appetizer:
[IMG]http://home.comcast.net/~mruckman/grand.jpg

Our waitress name was Sommer and she ROCKED.

she was so nice and funny and you just could tell she loved her job. When she took our dessert orders she asked now who wants capachino wit that. So we all ordered it. AND we got all four mini desserts ... I'm sure glad I didn't have to choose. they were all sooooo yummy. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter