Grand Floridian Cafe

Rich M

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me how there experience has been here? We are on the DxDDP and its seems to have something that everyone wants for apps, entree, and dessert. I haven't really heard anything good or bad either way. Let me know your thoughts.

Following. I am thinking of going there fro dinner the night of MIL's birthday. We can tour the GF in it's christmas glory and have dinner.

Our Ratings of Grand Floridian Cafe: (*rev 2/3/2017*)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: B
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: B
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: B
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: A
. . . staff attentiveness: B
. . . character interaction: n/a

Our Recommendations:
. . . appys:... Crab Cakes, Onion Soup
. . . entree:.. Grand Sandwich (lunch), New York Strip (dinner)
. . . dessert:. Boston Cream Pie

NOTE: The Cafe is on the ground floor overlooking the pool and courtyard. It is airy and light inside, with a sophisticated coffee shop appeal. The food is tasty, with quality well above average, but selections nothing too out of the ordinary. Our service always has been outstanding. Worth jumping to for breakfast or dinner. The lunch menu has changed and now not worth the journey, unless you are already there. We like the Onion Soup and the Grand Sandwich, which is close to an open-face club with an interesting Boursin cheese sauce and fried onion straws, which the wife and I like to share as it is so big. For dinner, the Bone-In New York Strip Steak is always tasty; the Shrimp and Grits not so much. By the way, a good place to take young kids to start learning manners as it is seldom very crowded.

We're booked in for breakfast during our trip. We're at the Grand and have 1900 PF another day. Sounds like it will be fine, but, i too had not heard much about it before I booked.

I ate dinner there with friends last June. The Cafe Sandwich is now served for both lunch and dinner, and I wished I had gotten it instead of the steak. All my friends seemed to enjoy their meals.

We ate lunch there in August...the menu is the same for both breakfast and lunch. (at least it was then, and at last check today!) While we are not typically "brunch" people, we all really enjoyed this! Our server was excellent, though food here does always seem to come out slowly. This isn't always a problem as we enjoy some cold beverages in the air conditioning! Everyone really enjoyed what they ordered, and we will definitely be back.

I went there for breakfast this past Saturday, and it was honestly the WORST experience I have had at disney dining ever. We have been there many times and after Saturday I will never go back. The food was poor was the server was even worse. I normally wouldn't but I even asked to speak to a manager on the way out. I wouldn't waste your time.

We've been there several times for breakfast and lunch/dinner. It's okay. Nothing extraordinary but the food is good and it has a relaxing atmosphere.

We're booked in for breakfast during our trip. We're at the Grand and have 1900 PF another day. Sounds like it will be fine, but, i too had not heard much about it before I booked.
We are also booked for breakfast and have not heard much either...hoping for the best

We have eaten Christmas eve dinner there the last 4 or 5 trips and have always enjoyed it (we do the Christmas day dinner at Narcoosees). We may be swayed by the wonderful christmas decorations and atmosphere at that time of the year but we haven't had a bad experience. I always used to have the lobster burger but that's stopped so this year it's chicken, followed by the dessert sampler.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!