Grand Floridian Lake vs Standard

houseofmouse5

Mouseketeer
I am hoping to get a studio at the Grand Floridian. If both views are available is it worth the extra points for the lake view? What do you look out at with the standard view?

I love the standard view at the GF since I always request the area that overlooks where I can see the monorail and just love that view. I usually overlook where the GF fountain and the walkway between GFV and GF. I dont remember the exact location to request but if you do a search of my UN on the BLT thread you will see (or will be able to find out from reading that thread). That is probably your best place to start. I feel the monorail is something magical I cannot see all the time so that is my favorite view (monorail view lol).

Standard view also gets you a view of the Wedding Pavilion. And a bit of the Polynesian.

I actually prefer standard view at the VGF and certainly wouldn’t spend the extra points for a lake view unless that’s all that was available.
There are 1 or 2 standard view studios that have mostly roof views - I’d rather not end up in one of those, but we generally get 1 br.s, so I’m less concerned about ending up in the ‘bad view’ studio.

I've only stayed Lake but can say I don't think it's worth the extra points, even though I did think it was a good view...the standard views also seem nice or possibly even nicer.

We just stayed in a standard view 1 bedroom during Thanksgiving. I requested a view of the pool. It was so nice. Straight ahead I had a side view of the pool/pool area and to the slight left we had a beautiful view of the fountain and monorail!

I don't think it is worth it. We did a lake view the first time and it was nice but I would rather have the extra points for another stay. We usually end up with a similar view to what is pictured above.

We always do lake view for the morning sun. The view is maybe a little nicer and to us, worth the few (20% or so) extra points.

Our first trip was a lake view, and it was nice, but since then we have only gotten standard view. We have looked over the parking lot twice, which wasn't bad at all. The last 3 trips have been similar to the above photo with a little more view of the pool/water.

We had the pool view last year. This year we had the monorail. Personally, I preferred the pool view, because we could see when the pool was open/closed.

We had a standard and a lagoon view 2 bedroom a few weeks back. The first standard was great, it was a view of the pool and on the 4th floor.

The next room was a lagoon view 6th floor with a view of the Poly, Contemporary and wedding chapel it was very peaceful. Off in the distance you could even see Spaceship Earth.

The second standard view 2 bedroom was AWEFUL! The room was on the first floor in the corner right next to the back entrance walk way. Our view out of the master was a wall.... The rest of the villa had a close up view of the walkway. People could see right in our room. We could of shook hands with them from our porch.

I think standard view is a gamble which means we will be booking lagoon view from now on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter