Grand villa reservation made at OKW.

smjj

Been there done that going back now as DVC member
We made our reservations for next Thanksgiving in a grand villa for our family of 10. Made them via online at the very moment we could book it. No problems at all. Nice being able to book 2 hours early by using the online system...smjj

Congrats! Have you stayed in a GV before? I was considering doing that for Xmas 2013. I have never done a grand villa and we are a family of 10 too...2 grandparents and 4 adults and 3 teens and 1 kid. I wonder how we will sleep everyone? I was thinking Grands in the master so they won't have to climb the stairs. Then, DH and I with our twin DDs-14 in 1 room and SIL and BIL with their DD-9 in the other while my DS-16 will have to sleep in living room on the pull-out. How are you doing it? I am not really wanting to stay at OKW, but that's our home resort and the only place we have enough points for a grand villa.

We can also do, at OKW or standard view at AKV or BWV, a 2BR for my fam of 5 and a studio (or maybe a 1BR) for MIL and FIL who pay for use of 100 of our points per year. SIL and BIL would then have to rent their own points and book their own place.

Congrats! Have you stayed in a GV before? I was considering doing that for Xmas 2013. I have never done a grand villa and we are a family of 10 too...2 grandparents and 4 adults and 3 teens and 1 kid. I wonder how we will sleep everyone? I was thinking Grands in the master so they won't have to climb the stairs. Then, DH and I with our twin DDs-14 in 1 room and SIL and BIL with their DD-9 in the other while my DS-16 will have to sleep in living room on the pull-out. How are you doing it? I am not really wanting to stay at OKW, but that's our home resort and the only place we have enough points for a grand villa.

We can also do, at OKW or standard view at AKV or BWV, a 2BR for my fam of 5 and a studio (or maybe a 1BR) for MIL and FIL who pay for use of 100 of our points per year. SIL and BIL would then have to rent their own points and book their own place.

We stayed in one 2 years ago at BLT. We booked OKW our home resort then swapped to BLT at the 7 month window due to 3 of our grandkids being small and the resort next to the MK and monorail made since for us, it worked out great. Had enough points then don't this next trip. We have stayed in the two bedroom at OKW and it was very nice and roomy but there were only 6 on this trip. The 3 bedroom I am sure will be more than enough for the 10 of us. Vey similar to your family(us, our 2 kids and 4 grandkids). We took the Master, heck its our dine and let them fight over the other two bedrooms, there was no problems though. When we walked in one family went one way and the other went the other way to the rooms and that was that.
We also used Garden Grocer to have all of our groceries delivered and have used them before. One trip we had some broken eggs but that was the only issue. Disney will also deliver groceries but they are much more expensive. Have fun and enjoy...smjj

We stayed in one 2 years ago at BLT. We booked OKW our home resort then swapped to BLT at the 7 month window due to 3 of our grandkids being small and the resort next to the MK and monorail made since for us, it worked out great. Had enough points then don't this next trip. We have stayed in the two bedroom at OKW and it was very nice and roomy but there were only 6 on this trip. The 3 bedroom I am sure will be more than enough for the 10 of us. Vey similar to your family(us, our 2 kids and 4 grandkids). We took the Master, heck its our dine and let them fight over the other two bedrooms, there was no problems though. When we walked in one family went one way and the other went the other way to the rooms and that was that.
We also used Garden Grocer to have all of our groceries delivered and have used them before. One trip we had some broken eggs but that was the only issue. Disney will also deliver groceries but they are much more expensive. Have fun and enjoy...smjj
We did the 2BR at OKW last Xmas...with my fam of 5 and MIL and FIL. MIL/FIL took the master and we shared the 2nd room with our 2 DDs (DS slept on pull-out). We rented a studio for SIL and her DH and DD as well. We used We-Go-Shop for a grocery order and loved them...they get whatever you want from any grocery store you want (where Garden Grocer has a specific list of things to order from at their store). We will just get some things from Disney's grocery form for our upcoming Jan trip (since it's just the 5 of us for 5 nights...we only need some breakfast items).

smjj said:
We made our reservations for next Thanksgiving in a grand villa for our family of 10. Made them via online at the very moment we could book it. No problems at all. Nice being able to book 2 hours early by using the online system...smjj

I booked mine yest as well for 10

We used We-Go-Shop for a grocery order and loved them...they get whatever you want from any grocery store you want (where Garden Grocer has a specific list of things to order from at their store). We will just get some things from Disney's grocery form for our upcoming Jan trip (since it's just the 5 of us for 5 nights...we only need some breakfast items).

I might give them a try. I have read here of others who have used them and like them like you....smjj

lovin'fl said:

We are thinking about staying in a GV in 2014. One question, are the GV located on the first floor? Or do they have GV located on the first floor? We're new to DVC so not sure.

Thanks

Stayed in a GV at OKW the begining of December. There was 9 of us, 2 were 5 and 2. It was great, plenty of room for all. It was building 19 room 1922 on the 3rd floor on Millers Road. Got one booked for the 2nd week in October this year. :banana:

Aladdin72 said:
We are thinking about staying in a GV in 2014. One question, are the GV located on the first floor? Or do they have GV located on the first floor? We're new to DVC so not sure.

Thanks

We stayed in a GV at OKW in December 2011. As I understand, all of them are on the 2nd/3rd floor, so you're dealing with stairs. Unless, you are assigned to a GV in one of the new buildings that has an elevator, of which there are very few.

The GV's at OKW are all 2 stories. Our favorite one is in Bldg. 15, luckily we've been able to get it twice. Close enough to HH, main pool, Olivia's, Gurgling Suitcase etc. Great view of the greens, separated by water/fountain. It's fantastic to have coffee in the morning out on that beautiful, large patio/balcony, watching the golfers pitch balls into the water!

Congrats and enjoy!

10 in one villa :faint:

We would kill each other! I am setting up our first extended family reunion. Putting our family of 9 across multiple studios. Separation is a requirement or we would be a part of the BANNED FOR LIFE disney thread. :rotfl2:

10 in one villa :faint:

We would kill each other! I am setting up our first extended family reunion. Putting our family of 9 across multiple studios. Separation is a requirement or we would be a part of the BANNED FOR LIFE disney thread. :rotfl2:

We had 11 one time. Bill and I and nine 17/18 yr old kids. It was an adventure.

Thanks

most of the time on the top floor - or top 2 floors.

BLT - 15&16
AKV (Jambo houe) - 5th
OKW - generally 2 and 3 rd floor - this can be bad because unlike the other dvc resorts - there is no elevators at OKW - except in building 62, 63, 64 - one of them does have a GV just don;t remember which
SSR - 3rd & 4th
bwv - 4th and 5th - some are only on the 5th floor (I think)

There is one that the master is on the first floor...#48 and one that has an elevator, #63 but not sure both floors have elevator entrances. We were in Bldg #22, hoping for HH GV in May of 2014. We had 11; 7 adults, 4 kids, one happy family...no issues with space or getting along. Used garden grocers.

I believe BWV has four GV that are on one floor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter