Grandchild staying in my room due to his parents room will be over on occupants. Different meal plans.

Tigger1

DIS Veteran
Son family (of 6) is in a studio, limit 5 occupants including infant. So I am having one if the kids (6th family member) stay in my room . Can my grandson use his armband for his meals? He will be with his parents at the parks and not with me most of the time.
Son only wants to get the quick service dining, my room will have the reg dining. with table service. Is it possible that I use child credit from child staying in my room for 3 child table service (3 grandchildren in one setting)? This could give parents a night out and we can use up 3 kid meal credits for the grandchildren.

Everyone in the same room has to be on the same plan.
However, an adult should not have trouble using the entitlements on their plan to buy a child who is with them a meal.

I dont know how old your grandson is, but if you give him your pin number and charging privileges he will be able to use his own band for his food.

Grandson will be in different room than his parents. He will be in parks with his parents. He will need to use his band for his meals. I will give his parents the pin #.

Son family (of 6) is in a studio, limit 5 occupants including infant. So I am having one if the kids (6th family member) stay in my room . Can my grandson use his armband for his meals? He will be with his parents at the parks and not with me most of the time.
Son only wants to get the quick service dining, my room will have the reg dining. with table service. Is it possible that I use child credit from child staying in my room for 3 child table service (3 grandchildren in one setting)? This could give parents a night out and we can use up 3 kid meal credits for the grandchildren.

You should be able to use his TS credits to pay for all of your grandkids. Maybe let him tell the server he is "treating" his siblings; they'll get a kick out of that.

With that said, he will have fewer QS credits than the rest of his family. Will he use the remaining TS credits for QS meals?

We are doing split stays so that we can stay at BW for 3 nights. Therefore just 3 table services. Hopefully I can take the kids out. That will be lots of fun. His parents can purchase extra meals once he uses his quick service up.
Looking forward to taking all 3 grandkids out. Have not decided where to take them, (also have not told parents I am taking them) all boys.

Yes, you should be able to use those 3 TS child credits for the 3 grandkids. If they are all "children." Not sure what ages we're talking about here. I highly recommend a character meal. 1900 Park Fare, Crystal Palace, or Garden Grill are good. Chef Mickey gets bad reviews, but my family has always liked it.

Looking forward to taking all 3 grandkids out. Have not decided where to take them, (also have not told parents I am taking them) all boys.
Have fun!

planning to tell my daughter and son in law they can have "date night" at Disney while I take my 2DGDs for the evening.

I have another crazy idea that might simplify things. If your son has an infant (no dining plan attached), just have your son register the infant in your room. The other child can still sleep with you but their magic band will have their families dining plan on it. You'd have to have them rung up separately for using the plan but its just a swipe of the band.

Good idea Chickenlady but will not work in this case. Sons Room allows 4 plus an infant. Son has wife, 3 children, plus an infant. We are staying in a DVC resort. I will be in a 2 bedroom with other family members and will have extra room.

Sounds lovely to take the 3 kids out for a fun meal.
Should be no problems the parents using the band for qs credits. If I were them I'd use the three from his band on the first meal for all kids so that it's all done and they only have to count their own room credits from then on.

We also had kids in my parents studio (Poly) the last 2 trips due to occupancy issues, but we didn’t have a dining plan. We alternated who stayed with them because they would fight over it (apparently grandparents are more “fun” then us). That was the only problem we had with it. As for the dining plan, they don’t care how you use your credits or in what order, as long as kids use kids credits. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter