Grapefruit cake at the Brown Derby?????

Oh no
I don't like sweet desserts (I'd go for the cheese board over anything else for dessert), and I LOVE this cake. Maybe that's the key then? It isn't sweet enough for those who love their desserts?
Same! That's why I'm normally not a cake guy.. I don't like too sweet of desserts (cake especially). This is why it's my favorite dessert... and that's saying something for a typical I-Hate-Cake guy like myself.

I don't like sweet desserts (I'd go for the cheese board over anything else for dessert), and I LOVE this cake. Maybe that's the key then? It isn't sweet enough for those who love their desserts?

Seems to be the running theme. I HATE cloyingly sweet desserts. This one is super well balanced. If you love super sweet things, this is probably not the dessert for you.

I prefer savory foods and my reaction to the grapefruit cake (full sized version) was "meh." Besides the taste, I thought it was way too moist (to the point that it almost grossed me out).

I also didn't care for zebra domes (way too soft, they need a contrast in textures); I couldn't care less about Mickey bars; and the ooey gooey toffee cake was a let down (tasted like a grocery store cookie).

I had the full size slice and didn't care for it. Still saved that cute recipe card that came with it though!
I like both not so sweet and very sweet desserts (yes I'm a glutton) and I felt like the cake needed more grapefruit flavor and to be a little sweeter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter