Great experience getting FP this morning for our trip

tink2

DIS Veteran
Today was our 60 day mark for our family trip with 11 people starting May 19. We were able to get every FP we wanted and pick the times. Got Flight of Passage for all 11 at 1:30 - had several times to choose from- we were stressed about that one. Also got 7 Dwarfs Mine Train for all 11 people on 2 separate days and could pick the time.
Only thing we miss is Toy Story Mania.... wish they’d keep the FP open.

Just thought I’d report- I know FOP Fastpass strategies have been a discussion on here- we used no strategy to begin with- just put in all 11 people to see what would happen- hope it works out that well for everyone else.

My 60 was yesterday and I too found it pretty smooth! I only had 2 people to do FPs for but we generally got everything we wanted. Although FOP was later than I would have preferred, at least we have it and I can always look to move it around. I must say I am SUPER impressed you are doing this for 11 and also had such luck!! If I see a party of 11 heading to FOP..I'll wave haha!

My 60 was yesterday and I too found it pretty smooth! I only had 2 people to do FPs for but we generally got everything we wanted. Although FOP was later than I would have preferred, at least we have it and I can always look to move it around. I must say I am SUPER impressed you are doing this for 11 and also had such luck!! If I see a party of 11 heading to FOP..I'll wave haha!

Our AK day is Tuesday, May 22nd. Maybe we’ll run into you!
We had a list of who we were willing to ‘sacrifice’ if we couldn’t get all 11- but it worked out- didn’t have to vote anyone off the island! lol

We had a list of who we were willing to ‘sacrifice’ if we couldn’t get all 11- but it worked out- didn’t have to vote anyone off the island! lol

I will miss you by one day - we are Monday the 21st! This is my mom's first time back in 20+ years, so she is fascinated by the FP system. Right now, I'm just working on getting her to stop calling it "Animal World!"

So happy to hear you had a successful experience with FP. My window opens tomorrow (March 21) and I am only making FPs for four. Crossing fingers that I can have the same luck as you.

I made my fastpasses this morning as well. I had no problems getting Flights of Passage for a party of four.

Our first Animal Kingdom day was day 61. I was able to book any time after 4:30 pm. For our second day, on day 65, pretty much any time was available.

I had no issues today either...for 6 people FOP also for day 61, 7DMT 2 separate days and everything else I wanted. It was great.,

My family will be there as well on the 22nd. Today was our FP day and we were able to get a mid afternoon FOP with no issue for our party of 4. Very relieved! Have a great time!

Glad to hear that everyone is having luck on this! My FP window opens soon (Can't Wait)! We have AK planned for 60+2 and 60+6. Trying not to freak myself out on getting a good FOP FP time on our 60+2 day! Started thinking about our 2pm TH ROL ADR getting in the way. Keeping fingers crossed that a FOP FP will be available for me to pick up around Noon (or earlier), so that we don't eat a big lunch and then ride! Not as worried about our 60+6 day. Wish me luck!

Last edited:
I will miss you by one day - we are Monday the 21st! This is my mom's first time back in 20+ years, so she is fascinated by the FP system. Right now, I'm just working on getting her to stop calling it "Animal World!"

My relatives kept referring to Hollywood Studios as "Universal Studios" on last big trip. Eventually I stopped correcting. lol I'm sure their friends back home think we did a WDW and Universal trip; when in reality, we only did a WDW trip.

And glad to hear FPs seem to be going smoothly. We're headed to WDW in September, so hopefully smooth then, too.

Must have been logged in at the same time ;-) looking of FOP on the 22nd....I was able to snag 3:15 for the 2 teens -a bit later than I was hoping for since we (the adults) will take an afternoon break with the toddler so I skipped FP for us but I did get FPs for a 2nd late afternoon evening trip we will make to AK later in the week for the sunset safari and Rivers of Light.
My question now is if we should try for Rope Drop the morning of the 22nd-ride FOP then Navi River. Getting up early isn't an issue for my family of early risers but I am unsure of being in the mass of people waiting to get into Pandora with a 2 year old (3yrs a few days later). We would grab rider swap pass and then take the little one to Navi and ride- maybe even twice in a row if first FOP group is out pretty quick? Thoughts?

Must have been logged in at the same time ;-) looking of FOP on the 22nd....I was able to snag 3:15 for the 2 teens -a bit later than I was hoping for since we (the adults) will take an afternoon break with the toddler so I skipped FP for us but I did get FPs for a 2nd late afternoon evening trip we will make to AK later in the week for the sunset safari and Rivers of Light.
My question now is if we should try for Rope Drop the morning of the 22nd-ride FOP then Navi River. Getting up early isn't an issue for my family of early risers but I am unsure of being in the mass of people waiting to get into Pandora with a 2 year old (3yrs a few days later). We would grab rider swap pass and then take the little one to Navi and ride- maybe even twice in a row if first FOP group is out pretty quick? Thoughts?

I’m interested to hear how rope drop is for Navi River as well. I think our plan will be to do Everest and Dinosaur at rope drop- last June we did that and rode Everest 3-4 times with zero wait and then walked to safari and walked right on. But also considering doing Navi River at rope drop too...

Refreshing while eating breakfast constantly day of I got Flight of Passage and Mine Train...I was shocked. DAY of seems to be your best bet IMO as people are constantly dropping and adding things!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter