Great Movie Ride closes for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, wouldn’t it be kind of cool if this attraction was the first hybrid FP/BG one? BG could keep the stand by at a moderate length. I don’t know if the crowds warrant that, but fun to speculate.

Hey, wouldn’t it be kind of cool if this attraction was the first hybrid FP/BG one? BG could keep the stand by at a moderate length. I don’t know if the crowds warrant that, but fun to speculate.
Fastpass are now available

Not sure how well that would work. Yeah you wouldn't wait in a line all day but at the same time that seems less efficient than having a general standby line with FP.

Not sure how well that would work. Yeah you wouldn't wait in a line all day but at the same time that seems less efficient than having a general standby line with FP.

I don’t know how well it would work either, or how necessary it would be with this particular ride.

In my head imagining them calling back 30-60 mins worth of people at a time, and opening the line if not needed. I don’t know, they’ve left us with nothing else to speculate, give me something 😂

That would be ideal for Flight of Passage. Not sure it would help as much anywhere else, especially with 7DMT waits dropping so much this year.

That would be ideal for Flight of Passage. Not sure it would help as much anywhere else, especially with 7DMT waits dropping so much this year.

I think they were surveying people closer to ROTR opening asking opinions on the virtual queue for rides like FoP, which is what made me think of it.

Also incase you guys didn’t notice along with MMRR HS also dumped a bunch of other tier 1 fastpasses for Smugglers Run and Slinky Dog.... a lot of availability open right now for March and April that was not available last night even!
Maybe but what you are likely seeing is all the folks who had SR and SD FP and dumped them for MMRR.
I know 2 of them for my previous FP are there now. Or where.

Maybe but what you are likely seeing is all the folks who had SR and SD FP and dumped them for MMRR.

Yeah. Easy choice for me, dropped MFSR for it and I would have dropped one of my SDD as well for a 2nd ride but the times weren't ideal for our day.

Unpopular opinion, I could easily be one and done with SDD if not for my kids, it's just a mild coaster. To me it's got about as much appeal as barnstormer, but with some FOMO attached because I know I can get the FP. Sorry SDD lovers lol! I'm much more interested in what I hope is well themed dark ride.

Yeah. Easy choice for me, dropped MFSR for it and I would have dropped one of my SDD as well for a 2nd ride but the times weren't ideal for our day.

Unpopular opinion, I could easily be one and done with SDD if not for my kids, it's just a mild coaster. To me it's got about as much appeal as barnstormer, but with some FOMO attached because I know I can get the FP. Sorry SDD lovers lol! I'm much more interested in what I hope is well themed dark ride.

Agreed! I’ve never done it (or barnstormer!) but have no real interest...
Luckily my son is scared of coasters and I would have to drag him on it.
So easy decision to drop SDD for it.
I’ll try SDD when my son gets really into roller coasters (if he ever does!)

What I'm curious to see is: assuming I'm not interested in MF:Smuggler's Run, between SDD and MMRR, which will be better to FP+ and which is better to standby?

I can't drop SDD for MMRR, so I hope MMRR can run at capacity and standby doesn't get too long. Going in late March, so I'll have a bit of time to see how it all shakes out, but I'm guessing rope drop MMRR is what'll happen. Maybe it won't be as crazy with people splitting 3 ways - MF:SR, SDD, MMRR - instead of two?

Edit: Another thought... doesn't FP+ instead of virtual queue heavily imply that they don't expect hours long standby lines for MMRR? It's a family attraction, and without height restriction there will be more families with little kids than on RotR or even SDD, so you'd think they have even more reason to not have an hours long line to ride. I can only hope!

What I'm curious to see is: assuming I'm not interested in MF:Smuggler's Run, between SDD and MMRR, which will be better to FP+ and which is better to standby?

I can't drop SDD for MMRR, so I hope MMRR can run at capacity and standby doesn't get too long. Going in late March, so I'll have a bit of time to see how it all shakes out, but I'm guessing rope drop MMRR is what'll happen. Maybe it won't be as crazy with people splitting 3 ways - MF:SR, SDD, MMRR - instead of two?

Ignoring wait times since all we can do is speculate with MMRR, SDD is probably the safer FP choice between the two because of the outdoor queue. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I think MMRR is higher capacity too.

Ignoring wait times since all we can do is speculate with MMRR, SDD is probably the safer FP choice between the two because of the outdoor queue. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I think MMRR is higher capacity too.
Yeah, I figure I have to keep SDD because that's the "known" variable. I'm banking on the higher capacity of MMRR to keep the standby line relatively short.

The other thing is that MMRR will have more families and little kids than RotR since it's Mickey and has no height restriction... so I'm assuming that means they DO NOT expect the line to get to the same length that RotR would get to if it was standby only. I mean, I can understand a longer wait with older kids for more "thrilling" rides, but it would be weird if a ride you can take a toddler on requires a 3 hour wait. That wouldn't be very baby/toddler friendly. Right? Just trying to convince myself that MMRR standby won't be that bad! 😄

Yeah, I figure I have to keep SDD because that's the "known" variable. I'm banking on the higher capacity of MMRR to keep the standby line relatively short.

The other thing is that MMRR will have more families and little kids than RotR since it's Mickey and has no height restriction... so I'm assuming that means they DO NOT expect the line to get to the same length that RotR would get to if it was standby only. I mean, I can understand a longer wait with older kids for more "thrilling" rides, but it would be weird if a ride you can take a toddler on requires a 3 hour wait. That wouldn't be very baby/toddler friendly. Right? Just trying to convince myself that MMRR standby won't be that bad! 😄

I don't know about that. Fantasyland rides get long waits partly because with no height requirement anybody int he parks can ride them. Height requirements by their nature limit the number of guests. Yeah, they tend to be the most popular rides too, but then again, Peter Pan. Now Peter Pan doesn't usually get a 3 hour wait, but it's also in MK. I guess we'll see. Personally I've been looking forward to MMRR for a long time!

@rteetz knower of all things😊
What attraction at WDW has about the same capacity at MMRR? What is there typically wait time?
I did a quick search and it looks like Haunted Mansion??
Looks like it could be a really long standby line

@rteetz knower of all things😊
What attraction at WDW has about the same capacity at MMRR? What is there typically wait time?
I did a quick search and it looks like Haunted Mansion??
Looks like it could be a really long standby line
You can't compare it to HM necessarily because thats an omnimover. Really the best comparison would be Ratatouille or Poohs Hunny Hunt in Japan.

Yeah that’s actually very possible, good point! Didn’t think of that. Either way it was nice to see the availability the morning after I booked my next trip for April when the night of (8 hours earlier) there was nothing!

I wonder if they get RotR to an acceptable uptime in the next week or so, if that will flip it to FP to make a hard call between MMRR and RotR before opening day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter