Great Movie Ride closes for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teaser video

My takeaways from this video:
1. I love the way the park scene looks especially the water fountain against the moving background and the Dapper Dans is a cool easter egg 2. I love the fluid motion of Mickey and Minnie's car and that little drift motion was pretty neat 3. The Mickey and Minnie AA's are a little weird but my biggest issue with them, is at the 26-27 second mark of the video where it looks like Mickey's nose is on the side of his face. I'm just hoping the camera angle is making it look that way 4. I'm nitpicking a little here but I wish the Goofy screen had a little more depth to it but overall I like how we can see Conductor Goofy 5. I like the painted train tracks on the ground. Thought that was a neat touch
Overall it looks pretty good.

I know I'm super late to this thread, but I'm going to miss the Great Movie Ride. I know it wasn't the most popular attraction and was very dated, and half my kids would groan when I made them go on it, but it was pretty central to the whole idea behind Hollywood Studios as it was originally imagined. Seems almost like getting rid of the castle in MK. Oh well, I'm sure Disney knows better than I do what will make them $, but that doesn't mean I won't be sentimental about it.

Met a CM today who told me she and her husband rode it last week. The ride went down for about an hour. She told me the protocols they had to go through to get in the ride. We are still on track for opening day and hope it doesn't experience any/significant downtime.

Based on comments from.cms who have had the preview. It's certainly a family ride and lots of fun. I'm looking forward to it

New to the forum (I used to frequent several forums daily but got burned out). It's been probably 4 years since I last visited WDW so I know a lot has changed and many new things have been added. I was sad to read this news about GMR as I used to really enjoy it. It had gotten a bit long in the tooth and as much I'm a purist and love to preserve original rides, this seemed like one that should have kept up with movie history a bit more. If nothing else, they could have updated a few sections but left the classic things like Casablanca and Wizard of Oz. Anyway, this new ride does not fit into the original design of the attraction or park at all but I can see where they were going. The photos look pretty cool and I'm sure it's fun. I like a great dark ride so I'm sure I will give it a go whenever I get to visit again. It's been too long!

Watched some of the POV videos (because we have no idea when we're going back) and it seems a bit chaotic. I can't tell if it's that the people filming the ride are trying to show a too much at once or if the ride doesn't guide focus to specific places.
Anyone who has been through have feedback?

Watched some of the POV videos (because we have no idea when we're going back) and it seems a bit chaotic. I can't tell if it's that the people filming the ride are trying to show a too much at once or if the ride doesn't guide focus to specific places.
Anyone who has been through have feedback?
It is chaotic. It’s supposed to be. You are on a runaway train

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter