Great success!!!! Just off phone with MS!!!!

dumbo71

DIS Veteran
Hey guys.

We always hear the doom and gloom posts about calling day by day at 11 months or everything being booked by 7 months or so.

Well, low and behold I just got of the phone with MS and booked a one bedroom STANDARD view at BWV for May 13th - May 18th.

I've never called day by day and have always gotten something I'd want. This ressie was gotten at less than 4 months out. I believe Mother's Day is the 13th also.

It can be done folks, the system still works. For the record I could have had BWV, VWL , OKW or SSR for those dates.

How nice for you...enjoy my home;)

Honestly, never thought the beginning of May to be a busy time...school districts in our neck of the woods don't allow the kiddies to miss the 1st or last month of school (so Sept & May are o-u-t for many).

Still, glad to hear it worked.

That's good news indeed!
I know that OKW is huge so it is probably easier to get a room on ''short'' notice but, yesterday I booked OKW (NOT my home resort) for May 22nd-26th.

I was so paranoid that I started calling today at my 11 month mark for VWL Dec. 16-27. Got right through...took all of 5 minutes

How nice for you...enjoy my home;)

Honestly, never thought the beginning of May to be a busy time...school districts in our neck of the woods don't allow the kiddies to miss the 1st or last month of school (so Sept & May are o-u-t for many).

Still, glad to hear it worked.

Geez, they aren't busy in our neck of the woods, once those state tests are done(this year April 30-May 4) it's just a countdown until the end of the year. Last year they were the end of March and boy I don't think they really did anything after the 3rd quarter was over(my eldest is a 4th grader).

Congrats Dumbo!

Hi, neighbor. That's when we'll be there as well -- in a standard one bedroom. Didn't realize May 13 was Mother's Day. Wow, how awesome is that???

I get a chuckle out of people who steadfastly claim that you'll be doomed if you try to book after the 7-month mark!

In five years of membership with DVC, one bedrooms have always been the easiest for us to find availability at. :thumbsup2

We spent Mother's Day weekend at BCV last year. Enjoy the Flower Show! We also had a great time at the Mothers Day Brunch...DMom/Sis and friends were with us. Congratulations on getting the ressie you wanted!

Bobbi

Happy for you - but not surprised that a SV 1 bedroom was availalbe for a May stay.

May is one of the easier months to book DVC.

Happy for you - but not surprised that a SV 1 bedroom was availalbe for a May stay.

Thank you. I was really surprised actually. Thought I had seen posts that talked about May being booked up already. I was prepared for the worst.

First we are off to Royal Carribean in Cancun Feb 3 - 10th. I'll post a review when I return since it is an exchange option for DVC through II. Then we are off to BWV. That might be it for the first half of 2006 unless I can squeeeze in another trip.:rotfl:

The big trip is a parents only getaway in July to Bermuda staying at the Elbow Beach Resort!!!!!! My mother in law will be watching our son for 5 days while we relax the days away. Can't wait for that, been a long time coming.

Thanks for all the well wishes. I'll also post a review of BWV upon return.

Jan, May and Sept are the easiest to book times by far. I think the mistake some members make is looking at lower times and generalizing that info to overall ease of booking. The reality is that those that plan ahead and avoid the highest demand times will do well regardless most of the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter