Great tip for Chef Mickey's!!

wmears13

Mouseketeer
Actually, this would work for any character meal. Buy a Mickey Chef's hat and take along a permanent marker (one for fabric would be ideal), and have the characters autograph your new hat! I thought of this AFTER our breakfast but went ahead and bought a hat anyway. This way I'm prepared for the next trip.:D
I think it would make a great souvie for under $10.

Good idea...where'd you get the hat??? At the restaurant?? the resort store???

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing. :)

We did something like this in May.... we bought DS (4) a Pooh hat at World of Disney the day before our character lunch at Crystal Palace. He got Pooh & friends to sign his hat in permanent ink - the signatures will not wash out. Now when he's not wearing it, it makes a great decoration for his room! :) I think it is a very unique souvenir!

I have quite a few autograph books (the last being from 10/00). We went on the DCL in 4/00 and my mom got the kids "my first cruise" t shirts, of course with the characters on them. When we go back this August I want to bring the shirts, sharpie pens (and something from the craft store to make them tight when the characters sign) and have them sign the back.

I got my chef's hat at DD at the Disney at Home store, but I did notice that as we were getting back on the elevator there was a tiny souvineer stand just outside the elevator. This is just as you are arriving on the 4th floor on the way to Chef Mickey's.

Got my two nephews hats and permanent markers instead of autograph books. They were too "sissy" for them. They loved them!!! They are 11 and 12 trying to be 16 and 18 but the characters made kids out of them again!!

Two years ago my DD had both a T shirt & a canvas bag for the characters to sign. To make sure that the surface would be stiff we used a very sturdy piece of cardboard. To make sure it didn't move we used the big metal clips you can buy in a stationary store like Staples or Office Max. It worked great & the characters were very patient with us. Everything fit into a backpack with no problem.

Geri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter