Delete Thread

I know that maybe some things may not be working for them, but to me it feels like a bait and switch. It was advertised as different than other waterparks, with amazing food, and no lines. But all I've heard is that things aren't working yet, waits are huge, and now food is just basic burgers and pizza. :confused3 Not sure if we would've bought tickets for this trip if we knew this before it opened, I think we would've waited till next year when it would hopefully be running smoother.

I am in the same boat. One of the reason I wanted to stay at CBBR this trip is because it was close to VB and I love waterparks but after hearing they are still working out some kinks, I am debating on getting the tickets for VB when I go for our trip next week. I hope that we're able to go at least half a day next week but I'll see how crowded the lines gets in the morning before it opens at 9 am before I decide to get the tickets.

Last edited:

I know that maybe some things may not be working for them, but to me it feels like a bait and switch. It was advertised as different than other waterparks, with amazing food, and no lines. But all I've heard is that things aren't working yet, waits are huge, and now food is just basic burgers and pizza. :confused3 Not sure if we would've bought tickets for this trip if we knew this before it opened, I think we would've waited till next year when it would hopefully be running smoother.
It sounds to me like things aren't working out. They are having lots of issues with different things. The food changing was the last straw for me. I was thinking about letting the boys do things at one of the other parks and going to VB myself. Now I think I'll just scrap that idea. They have a lot of kinks to work out. I've got to wonder whether they should have taken the time and waited to open the park until it was completely ready.

pass holders appreciation dates go thru sept 30

Passholder Appreciation Days
Annual Pass Home
It’s Time To Celebrate You
It’s that time of year again. We’re celebrating our biggest fans and thanking you for being a part of the UOAP family by offering you special opportunities to experience our resort in a bunch of unique ways.

Check out all of the offerings available to you during Passholder Appreciation Days from Aug. 14–Sep. 30, 2017.

Yeah they definitely opened too soon, and I feel like we're seeing things that maybe would've been cleared up during a preview or soft opening. However it's been awhile since they opened, and it seems like the issues still haven't been solved.

I think if we knew ahead about the food and such we would've held off a bit longer. I still want to see it, but since we only planned to go once I'd prefer to see it in working order. Plus we don't have a ton of time that day and I fear Josh will spend all day waiting to go on 1-2 things while I sit around not having much to do.

Hopefully by the time you go they will have some of new or old items back on the menu and the crowd levels die down for you to enjoy some rides with shorter wait times. :cheer2:

That's weird about them starting early. I guess it's better for you so that way you aren't worried about weird people in your apartment while you're gone. LOL!!

I love all of the outfits. My sister would die over the Slytherin shirts. LOL!! I think I mentioned this before, but practically everyone but me is Slytherin. I'm Hufflepuff. Snorts. I'm always the odd one out.

I love that shirt for Jurassic Park. I love those movies. I have a Jurassic Park shirt that I got at Target a few years ago. I can't seem to find it anywhere, so another trip to Target might be in the cards for me.

OMG!! How cute is that Groot backpack? LOL!

We have a Cold Stone here also. Believe it or not I think I've only been once maybe. I've only tried their smoothies. It was pretty good. LOL!! Cake Batter ice cream sounds interesting.

You've reminded me, I wanted to get lanyards for Universal. Maybe I'll dig out our Frozen ones from the Disneyland show last summer... or maybe I'll be stopping at Hot Topic on the way home... :rolleyes1

Don't tell Zack about the ice cream. Cold Stone cake batter is his favorite. He'll want US APs too :rotfl:

And Rugrats! I always forget about them until something pops up. I've been looking at a few Jurassic Park shirts... I have a Minions shirt from our first trip to USH, but I don't know if I want to wear it. I feel like lately, I see characters and think I would love a shirt with them/that quote! And then they don't make anything for adults. Last summer I really wanted a Secret Life of Pets keychain, and all I could find were stuffed animals and kids shirts :sad2: Of course, maybe I should just use this as an excuse to buy three HP shirts... :scratchin I'm actually wearing a HP shirt today :goodvibes

Wow, I gotta get to Hot Topic to up my Universal outfit game! I have tons of Disney shirts but only a handful of Universal themed ones. I love all your outfits! I especially like the Clever Girl Jurassic Park one.

I'm really looking forward to your trip report, we will be down there about a month after you guys so I'm stoked to hear all about HHN this year!!

I read your window/and door update and my reactions went something like this:

Yay!
Eek! *insert me having heart attack if I pulled the tape off an ants poured out*
What the heck is with your maintenance guy? Jeesh. I mean, I'm sure he's still grumpy about being at fault for the accident, but it seems like he was a, um, ray of sunshine even before that :rotfl:

But I'm guessing by then we won't live here anymore, so that'll be for the next tenants to deal with.

I know this feeling. My dorm room in college leaked in the window. We tried to get it fixed all year. They did get on the roof a few times, but nothing changed. They kept saying they didn't want to do anything major because they were tearing down the building at the end of the year. Spoiler alert, it's STILL in use. At some point we gave up... my roommate and I always joked we were going to send anonymous postcards to that room the next year...

Here's a picture from a weekend in April when it rained ALL WEEKEND.

3210_95449899186_138622_n.jpg

"final count: 2 buckets, 3 bowls, 4 cups, 4 mugs, and 1 pitcher. 32 gallons"

Yup. It's cool.

I'd like to ride Woody Woodpecker's coaster :rotfl: and see Animal Actors.

I bet we ride that coaster, because I'm pretty sure it's physically impossible for Zack to be within 500 feet of any coaster and not ride it. I know I will end up on Rip Ride Rock-it or whatever at least once, and I'm already dreading it! But I love Animal Actors in Hollywood - cheesy jokes, adorable animals, and cute kid audience interactions? What more could you want??

When we were first planning the park hours said until 9 pm, but now it looks like the park closes early at 7 pm.

Basically how I felt every time I read the park hours :rotfl:

In the parks and then for dinner at Toothsome we'll be meeting up with @CatNipRules and @Lesley Wake!

Yay! I think we'll hit Toothsome for sure one of our days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter