>> Resort Grocery Delivery FAQ <<

was there a problem taking an Uber to Publix? would it even be possible to use an Uber for a grocery pick up option as I can’t see an Uber just sitting outside the store waiting for your groceries.
We took an uber to publix, shopped, then called a different one to take us to the hotel. Uber will let you add stops but they ask that they're like 3 minutes long. I haven't done it but I know you can order through Publix/Instacart for grocery pickup, so I think if you do that it should be fine to do the "multiple stops" option on your uber trip!

We've done Amazon Fresh before with no issues. We'll be ordering some cold items and when I asked Disney if Bell Services would hold them they told me I'd need to be there to receive them, otherwise they wouldn't be refrigerated. This hasn't been the situation in the past, and Bell Services has held cold items for us. I'm curious to others' experiences with any delivery service where you've had it dropped at the resort before you arrive.

I'm just trying to plan when I need to have these things delivered and if I need to be there or not.

I ordered from Garden Grocer and Bell Services at the Contemporary had the cold items refrigerated for us. We arrived on Monday of this week.

About how much would an UBER cost if we go from SSR to the nearest supermarket? I never used them.

was there a problem taking an Uber to Publix? would it even be possible to use an Uber for a grocery pick up option as I can’t see an Uber just sitting outside the store waiting for your groceries.
I can certainly imagine that any uber driver would be happy to wait with you for your groceries providing you do not use the app for the return trip and pay in cash for the trip back. Cuts out that middle man. Particularly right now as there are too many drivers for passengers.

I can certainly imagine that any uber driver would be happy to wait with you for your groceries
I would have to disagree. May I ask why you think someone who gets paid for driving, by driving, based on distance driven, would willingly wait however long it took their passenger to shop?
providing you do not use the app for the return trip and pay in cash for the trip back
Relatively certain this would violate the driver's contract and void any protection normally afforded either the driver of the passenge
Particularly right now as there are too many drivers for passengers.
Since there may be this overabundance of rice share drivers at any given moment, doesn't it make overall more sense to just order another Uber once shopping is done?

Reactions: NVF

I can certainly imagine that any uber driver would be happy to wait with you for your groceries providing you do not use the app for the return trip and pay in cash for the trip back. Cuts out that middle man. Particularly right now as there are too many drivers for passengers.
I would have to disagree. May I ask why you think someone who gets paid for driving, by driving, based on distance driven, would willingly wait however long it took their passenger to shop?

You read my response wrong. I was not saying for the driver to wait while you went into the store, but rather that you had pre-ordered the groceries and were simply picking them up. Most stores now have curbside service. A driver who turned down the round trip by the same individual would have to either be in a rush to get somewhere else, in which case I doubt they'd be driving the first leg or just not like their passenger. I see no reason why getting back to the resort asap would be an issue.

Last edited:
The bulk of the suggestion would still violate any contract between the driver and Uber, between the passenger and Uber, and likely the driver and the passenger. Proper way: book one way trip, ask if the driver will wait for you (make themselves unavailable), then, when the groceries are obtained, coordinate turning the app back on with the passenger requesting the ride.

Please please please don't advocate breaking any rideshare company's rulesaa

The bulk of the suggestion would still violate any contract between the driver and Uber, between the passenger and Uber, and likely the driver and the passenger. Proper way: book one way trip, ask if the driver will wait for you (make themselves unavailable), then, when the groceries are obtained, coordinate turning the app back on with the passenger requesting the ride.

Please please please don't advocate breaking any rideshare company's rulesaa
Having never used anything but my own rental cars I wouldn't know the uber rules, but this is good to know.

Thank you so much for all of this great information. I have always used the garden grocer but after reading your post I have a lot more information. I have a prime account. How far in advance do you recommend ordering?

Thank you so much for all of this great information. I have always used the garden grocer but after reading your post I have a lot more information. I have a prime account. How far in advance do you recommend ordering?
If you're using Amazon Prime Now, the earliest you can order is the day before delivery. If you wait to order the same day, delivery windows can fill up and you might not get the time you want.

We used Instacart for 2 grocery deliveries at SSR. Cheaper than garden grocery and we ordered same day with 2 hour delivery.

How did the cost compare to renting a car for the day? I was thinking of renting a car and go to a supermarket. Based on garden grocer prices it would be cost effective.

Do you have to be at the resort for instacart? I really don't want much just a case of water and a few snacks for the evening

How did the cost compare to renting a car for the day? I was thinking of renting a car and go to a supermarket. Based on garden grocer prices it would be cost effective.
Well we spent $356 on 2 grocery deliveries, including tip(totaling $30), service fee $8/trip and delivery fee of like $5/trip, so $56 in fees we wouldn't have paid otherwise. Now Instacart does inflate the prices somewhat and we also purchased $25 in excess water which we gave to bell services. We didn't have a full fridge, we had a mini fridge(no freezer) and only a microwave and toaster to cook with.
So most of our stuff was snacks, drinks, and food we could make in the room. Plus some of the stuff was the individually wrapped items we could take into a park without having to bring in a sandwich bag or something, those always cost more. Plus my husband has issues with non-brand name items.... 🙄 Like a 1/2 gallon of reg. milk for the kids was $3. Probably closer to $2 at the store. However I have lactose intolerance and my milk was expensive, like $5 for a 1/2 gallon. So it's splitting hairs at this point with doing Instacart versus renting a car. You might spend $56 on gas and the car but you do get more options while at the store that they don't give you online. On the other hand you could be sitting poolside while waiting for your order. :sunny:😎

Can anyone confirm how Amazon Prime Now/ the resorts handles deliveries with alcohol? I have heard you must be present? Not sure if that's true, and be present where? In your room or bell services?

Can anyone confirm how Amazon Prime Now/ the resorts handles deliveries with alcohol? I have heard you must be present? Not sure if that's true, and be present where? In your room or bell services?

You need to meet the driver at the drop off location (for Amazon Prime it is usually by bell services). Smaller delivery companies may choose to drive directly to your room if at OKW or SSR, in which case you'd meet them there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter