Grocery delivery ?????

adamkat

2005 WDW, 2012 WDW, 2015 DL, 2020 WDW
I saw the other main thread however would live Canadianninput
Never done this before staying at POP and was thinking it might be good to have milk cereal bagels pb fruits in our room.
thoughts, tips, ideas?
TIA.
Kat

I'm trying a grocery delivery for the first time next week, so I can report back :)

From the main thread, my understanding is that garden grocer is most expensive but best customer service. When I priced things out they were *way* more expensive, so I'm 'risking it' and ordering from Publix through instacart. From the main thread it sounds like I might get hit with some extra charges at the end when I can finally check out, but there's just no way it'll come even close to the garden grocer total.

The only other big difference between the two is that if you upload a photo of your ID to garden grocer, they'll leave your whole order, including alcohol, at bell services. Instacart will only deliver directly to you to check your ID if you've included booze.

So far, we're ordering a bit of everything. Milk and yogurt, snacks like pretzels and applesauce, diapers. We stuck with individually portioned snacks. More waste, but less work for us. I would usually bring some weird things in my suitcase, like a bottle of hand soap, but a bottle costs 1.35 through Publix, so that's saving me some suitcase space.

the lady I used stopped for health reasons . I have used garden grocer in the past and I honestly found the upcharges hard to swallow but ordering was seamless .
honestly with how cheap Uber is I would be tempted to Uber to Walmart or target . The I could choose and maybe grab a few souvenirs :) cheaper than the parks for tbe kiddos
This time we will have a rental car for the first few days and I will go and stock up ..

I have used Garden Grocer and Publix Instacart. GG is good but very expensive and it is unlikely I will use them again. I ordered twice from Instacart over our recent Xmas/NYE trip. The first order was a few days before leaving for WDW, the second was while we were at WDW (and this arrived in <2 hours). The order was perfect both times and I will continue to use them from now on.

Last edited:

Thinking about using Garden Grocer as well. Never done it before, though. It would be nice to have some water and snacks in the room. Don't really want to go to Walmart or anywhere to shop myself.

I have used Garden Grocer on many occasions and it worked out really well. If you place your order early, you can get a discount.

QUOTE="scorpsfan, post: 61534608, member: 592443"]
Thinking about using Garden Grocer as well. Never done it before, though. It would be nice to have some water and snacks in the room. Don't really want to go to Walmart or anywhere to shop myself.
[/QUOTE]

We used garden grocer on our most recent trip and it was expensive. We got good service from them but it’s hard to justify paying their inflated prices plus the exchange. It’s not much different than buying from the resort gift shops. I think next trip we will try Instacart instead.

We have not used Garden Grocer, but we have used Amazon Prime Now a few times for grocery delivery both on and off property. Prices are reasonable, and you can choose a delivery window. Bell Services will hold your order for you until you can collect it, and Amazon will pack perishables in insulated bags as well. We usually ask for a delivery time while we are in transit so it's at the resort when we check in.

Some folks say they've had issues because of not having a US billing address, but we've had success simply using the resort address. The last time we used this service was June 2019.

Amazon offers a free Prime Now trial for 30 days. There is a minimum amount to qualify for free shipping, but I believe it's under $50. If you order other things (like sunscreen), it's pretty easy to hit the minimum.

I just used instacart for the first time. It was great.

I knew our shopper was going to put the order together while we were flying, so I made sure to list substitutions for all the things we really needed.

The only hiccup is that our order was supposed to arrive between 8:00 and 9:00. It ended up being around 9:30, when it arrived. But I got regular updates via text so I could just run down to the lobby when it arrived.

We have not used Garden Grocer, but we have used Amazon Prime Now a few times for grocery delivery both on and off property. Prices are reasonable, and you can choose a delivery window. Bell Services will hold your order for you until you can collect it, and Amazon will pack perishables in insulated bags as well. We usually ask for a delivery time while we are in transit so it's at the resort when we check in.

Some folks say they've had issues because of not having a US billing address, but we've had success simply using the resort address. The last time we used this service was June 2019.

Amazon offers a free Prime Now trial for 30 days. There is a minimum amount to qualify for free shipping, but I believe it's under $50. If you order other things (like sunscreen), it's pretty easy to hit the minimum.

We're trying Amazon Fresh for the first time tomorrow, will post the results. We used Pop as the delivery address, and our home Canadian address for the billing address. You can start booking delivery time slots 2 days in advance. Just have to remember to cancel the Prime membership free trial when we get home!

This is just our experience, but I personally wouldn't recommend instacart. We ordered from them and our groceries ended up being 2 days late despite a couple of phone calls to the company (with no apologies or discount). We had a bunch of food that had to be thrown out or left behind in the fridge (including 4 coolers that we didn't have time to drink).

We're trying Amazon Fresh for the first time tomorrow, will post the results. We used Pop as the delivery address, and our home Canadian address for the billing address. You can start booking delivery time slots 2 days in advance. Just have to remember to cancel the Prime membership free trial when we get home!

Delivery went great! Had an email notification when we landed that the order had been delivered to bell services. And as we were picking up Amazon was back again dropping off what I presume was the next 2 hours’ worth of deliveries.

Delivery went great! Had an email notification when we landed that the order had been delivered to bell services. And as we were picking up Amazon was back again dropping off what I presume was the next 2 hours’ worth of deliveries.
Do you recall what the minimum order was? Trying to compare Amazon to Instacart (Publix). Just based on the websites it looks like Amazon is cheaper for most items but Instacart has more selection (including alcohol).

Do you recall what the minimum order was? Trying to compare Amazon to Instacart (Publix). Just based on the websites it looks like Amazon is cheaper for most items but Instacart has more selection (including alcohol).
We have used Drizzly for alcohol in the past. It was less than an hour for delivery, and really inexpensive. Just have to be available to meet the driver where you are having your order delivered to.

Amazon Fresh was a minimum $35 for free delivery. Prices were a little higher than what you'd pay at the grocery store but not unreasonable

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter