Grocery store near FW

pxydst

Mouseketeer
What is the nearest/most convenient grocery store to FW? I have map quested it but not sure what one is the easiest to get too? Do you have a favorite one? We are driving down from MI and do not need them delivered.

No problem. It's my go to as I'm already used to shopping Winn Dixie here at home so it's familiar plus I use the discount card. Also, if for some unfortunate reason you need it, they also have a pharmacy but there is also a Walgreens on the left just before you get to the Winn Dixie.

Just an FYI

Hi - is the parking lot at the Winn Dixie? Driving a 32' MH, and would like to stock up before landing at the fort.
TIA

We use the Winn Dixie too that Michael indicated. 10 minutes from the Fort parking lot and you don't get in the tourist traffic.

Glenn&Sharon, the parking lot has PLENTY of extra space to maneuver an RV in. The same strip mall also has a Papa Johns I like to get carry out from after grocery shopping. The Fort pizza is kinda :crazy2: .

Bama Ed

Do we think Instacart would deliver directly to the campsite? That might be worth the premium.

My vote is for the Publix near the outlets primarily because of the quality of foods/service as compared to Winn Dixie. It is also very close.

We shopped there for our last trip, very nice, but as I recall the parking lot was kinda tight, even with just my big truck.

Is the 'back way' to 535 the road from the purple circle on tiggerdads map to 535?? not sure what the name of it is... and once to 535 take left... ?? mapquest does not show a Publix to the left??

Yes, go out the arm gate (unmanned) by the overflow parking lot turn left and follow to 535. The traffic is nominal. There are houses and apartments and not much commercial for a while. Then the Publix mall on your left. If you keep going another 10ish minutes till the road dead ends into a mall there is a great pizza place in the mall. And another Publix.

a little more on this subject....I am not familiar with Publix =)...could one also get ice and beer? Also, do you have any favorite delivery for food at the fort for nights you don't feel like cooking out?

Yes, Publix will have ice and beer. Cant help you with food delivery, as I'm a newbie to the Fort.

Yes, go out the arm gate (unmanned) by the overflow parking lot turn left and follow to 535. The traffic is nominal. There are houses and apartments and not much commercial for a while. Then the Publix mall on your left. If you keep going another 10ish minutes till the road dead ends into a mall there is a great pizza place in the mall. And another Publix.

Just used this Publix over the last 2 weeks for our stay at OKW. It is very convenient and minimal traffic. But, there is pretty massive expansion happening north of the Publix mall.

Address: 7880 Winter Garden Vineland Rd, Windermere, FL 34786

Last edited:
Big 2 thumbs up for the Publix in Windmere. Super easy to get to with almost zero traffic. Plus Publix is extremely nice, well stocked and a liquor store right next to it.

I'm with Michael on Winn Dixie we use it every year we come to the fort never had a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!