• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grocery Store Stop

Nuchi15697

Navy Dad
We have Towncar service and plan on a grocery store stop for snacks and drinks. This is our first trip to Florida, and being from the backwards state of PA where we cannot buy beer and liquor at grocery stores I am wandering if they are sold in grocery stores down there? Also we booked our trip through AAA and they arranged Star Taxi for the Towncar service, any reports on how Star rates?

You can buy beer at the grocery store. Maybe wine too but not sure about that. We stopped at Publix when we did the grocery stop and when we came back out to the car the driver asked if we needed to go to a liquor store too. We didn't but I think there was one in the same strip center as the grocery store.

Don't know anything about Star Taxi. You might try asking on the Transportation Board.

Wine is also available in grocery stores.

I haven't used Star Taxi either, but you may be interested in hearing this. Apparently many of the towncar services there are sort of like distribution centers for drivers-- they provide a service (i.e. a name, advertising, etc.) and when you order that service they call someone in the pool of drivers. We used "Your Ride" the last time we were there and the driver we got explained this to us when we tried to pay with a credit card. He said he'd rather we paid him in cash because he was in essense self employed. It really ticked me off but I allowed myself to be coerced into paying cash. In retrospect I regret it. There was no switching drivers either (I was uncomfortable with this guy on multiple levels)-- I tried calling the main number and switching but all that accomplished was getting the regular driver to ask me why we didn't like him when he came to pick us up. :rolleyes:

What about hard liquor (e.g. rum)? I'm planning on stopping at the Walmart near WDW; will they have what I'm looking for? I t will probably be after midnight.

Thanks.

Are there licensing hours in Florida? As in England we can only buy alcohol certain times of the day.

Thanks,
Zoe

I know this isn't the right thread to ask this... but when you mentioned your Yourride driver wouldn't take your credit card made me wonder if your driver was pulling a fast one.... When I made my reservations, I asked Rabbit and he said they DO accept credit cards.

Yes, they do accept them. The driver didn't say they didn't-- he just acted sort of put out and asked if we'd mind and went on with his sob story. I shouldn't have let him get away with it. He was a rather greasy character IMO and I am still annoyed that my request for another driver wasn't paid attention to. I didn't find Rabbit to be very helpful either (when it came to solving problems--before business was conducted he was great) and I won't be using them again.

I'm using Yourride next month, Do you remember your driver's name? I had saved up enough by working at our football games to pay cash, but now your situation makes me more insistant ( and hesitant) that I will NOT pay in cash for the round trip.

I'm really sorry you had a problem like that.

I *think* his name was Ronald.

Good luck with your trip!

It seems like people really love Tiffany.
I don't know if Yourride is cheaper or anything, but lots of budget conscious people have said Tiffany is it for them.
I've booked them myself for our trip during xmas. It will sure test their limits. We get in a 6:40 AM. The poor driver will have to get up fairly early to come get us. I always feel good prompt service and a nice demeanor is worth extra money. We have 3 people so a Mears shuttle isn't any cheaper. And after catching the red-eye, I want to be able to get to my hotel. We'll be comfirming our hotel reservations and all the info the day before and night before so hopefully they'll have an early checkin room for us.

We use Tiffany and have stopped in two different Grocery Markets.

One is Publix, near Sea World. The other was Albertsons, this was near Home Depot - going out the other exit at the airport, not going to the exit which goes to Interstate 4.

Albertsons had a liquor store right next door. I don't remember about Publix.

We love using Tiffany.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter