GRRR! Mousetunes bashing DL!

esmetutu

A Bear Band bear
I am so peeved. I didn't think it would bother me, but Nathan Rose on Mousetunes podcast (July 23, 2006) got me so upset!

He recently went to Disneyland, I assume for the first time and was talking about how Disneyland is like the mistake park and the Magic Kingdom is like the one Walt actually wanted. WHATEVER! He also said DL is more of a "local" Six Flags type park. WHATEVERx2! If it is... I'm glad because I know a lot of the local WDW-ers don't get to visit their parks as often, or on a whim, like us DL-ers do because WDW is bigger and more overwhelming. He said a lot of nice things about DL as well. But on the flipside he said Sleeping Beauty Castle was so small it was funny. Yeah, so? I <3 our tiny castle.

I know Nathan meant no disrespect or harm, but grrrrr! Don't say things like that about my beloved Disneyland. However, I think constructive criticism is great concerning any topic and in all seriousness his critique was lacking because it was not constructive. And that's what I hoped I would hear.

I have two children... Eloise, age 6 and Disneyland, age 51! :blush:

(xposted to the Community board)

esmetutu said:
He recently went to Disneyland, I assume for the first time and was talking about how Disneyland is like the mistake park and the Magic Kingdom is like the one Walt actually wanted.
Ignorance abounds in the world. I have never heard of Nathan Rose. It sounds like I am not missing anything by that lack of familiarity.

Nathan co-hosts MouseTunes, an unofficial Disney podcast, with Lou Mongello. Like many of the independent Disney podcasts, they are primarily WDW-based.

Many self-proclaimed "experts" on WDW go to DL expecting less--so that's what they find. It's self-fulfilling prophecy, as far as I am concerned. You find what you are looking for. It all comes back to the "Does size matter?" argument--and we've certainly rehashed that one at length in these forums.

My favorite explanation: More magic per square foot. :wizard:

If Nathan didn't like it, well, that's one less body standing between me and the Matterhorn. :teeth:

mk

Why don't folks just compare WDW,to DLR, to Disney Criuses, to Disney HK, Disney Paris, etc. They all have their own special attraction. There will always only be one Disneyland. Hard to walk in Walt's footsteps any where else.

Jack pirate:

ok now hes gone and done it....NOBODY talks about my DL:furious:...Im going to send him into oblivion and hes not coming back pixiedust: there now I feel better :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter