Guarantee Status vs. IGT/OGT/VGT

Is DCL still offering IGT, etc? The last several times I've checked, I haven't seen any available. Is there a different way to find them since the website is different than it once was?
The only way to see them is by individually checking each cruise. If they are being offered the page will look like this:GT rates.jpg

Those room types with *GT rates will have the extra choice, with the "Stateroom with Restrictions" title.

Also, there's a thread that monitors such offerings:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/cu...-sleeper-rates.3244232/page-124#post-55983634

Just wanted to share my experience as a couple of people have said GTY is the same price as booking a specific room.
When I booked (100 days out roughly) booking a 9C GTY that was actually £74 more expensive than booking a specific outside stateroom but I went for it anyway in the hope of an upgrade. I got a 9C but I wasn't annoyed as I knew this might happen.

Incidentally I looked at VGTs when they were released and I could have got a VGT for £150 cheaper than I paid for my 9C GTY, so that's a little bit galling as I would have liked a verandah but it's a first time cruise and I didn't know any of this when I booked. Thanks to you guys on here if we ever go again I will be much more savvy next time. And of course it is a gamble if you wait that long to book.

Anyway - happy booking everyone!

I finally received our stateroom assignment for our VGT guaranteed cabin at the end of the month on the Fantasy. Unfortunately, our gamble for a guaranteed room backfired because our room appears to suck. We were assigned stateroom 10512, which is directly underneath the fitness center. All of the reviews I read stated the noise is horrible in this cabin. Starting at 6 am, they constantly heard the weights slamming down and people pounding on the treadmills. I usually get up early, so it will not effect me as much. But unfortunately my wife is going to suffer from lack of sleep. I knew there was a chance we could get a bad room, but this is worse than I thought. I doubt there is little chance we will be able to upgrade or switch rooms for a summer time cruise. Any suggestions from anyone?

I booked an OGT room for the 7/30/16 Fantasy Eastern sailing around the middle of June.

Our room was assigned today - 9D room #6504.

This is the large accessible room without the split bath. It also has the awkward porthole with no ocean view. I'm fine with that as I really wanted the natural light. With 2 adults and 2 teenagers I will miss the split bath but enjoy the "acreage". I plan on getting to the port first thing to check on upgrades but am satisfied with our assignment if nothing is available. I'm also happy as I booked 45 days out and received a room at opening day prices and may even be lower. I'm just happy to be on the ship!!

I booked an OGT room for the 7/30/16 Fantasy Eastern sailing around the middle of June.

Our room was assigned today - 9D room #6504.

This is the large accessible room without the split bath. It also has the awkward porthole with no ocean view. I'm fine with that as I really wanted the natural light. With 2 adults and 2 teenagers I will miss the split bath but enjoy the "acreage". I plan on getting to the port first thing to check on upgrades but am satisfied with our assignment if nothing is available. I'm also happy as I booked 45 days out and received a room at opening day prices and may even be lower. I'm just happy to be on the ship!!

Have you ever had luck upgrading after your guaranteed room was assigned?

I finally received our stateroom assignment for our VGT guaranteed cabin at the end of the month on the Fantasy. Unfortunately, our gamble for a guaranteed room backfired because our room appears to suck. We were assigned stateroom 10512, which is directly underneath the fitness center. All of the reviews I read stated the noise is horrible in this cabin. Starting at 6 am, they constantly heard the weights slamming down and people pounding on the treadmills. I usually get up early, so it will not effect me as much. But unfortunately my wife is going to suffer from lack of sleep. I knew there was a chance we could get a bad room, but this is worse than I thought. I doubt there is little chance we will be able to upgrade or switch rooms for a summer time cruise. Any suggestions from anyone?

We were assigned 10506 as a vgt and I though I would be so disappointed, my concern was the overhang from the deck above and possibly restricted views! But I was so wrong, and it is now our favorite area to book on the Fantasy and the Dream!! We have stayed in 10506, 10524 and 10526. Now being 3 rooms away it is possible we weren't directly under the weight area that you are concerned about but we didn't notice any noise from above. And I am a VERY late sleeper LOL. My husband and kids and I love the easy quick stair access to the quieter pool area and the less crowded elevators of the forward decks. IMO the worst rooms on deck 10 are aft, you do get a lot of overhead noise there from restaurants and pool deck and vibration in general but that is just me...someone else will disagree with that I bet!

So my suggestions are that there are no bad rooms on a Disney ship. Just some that you prefer. And as for upgrading at port I have been able to change staterooms on 3 separate sailings that were booked either GTY or VGT. All were only lateral moves-stayed in same category-but they were welcome changes for us. The most recent was the Fantasy 7/18/2015 we were assigned deck 10 aft, and I was able to change to my deck 10 forward :)

Have you ever had luck upgrading after your guaranteed room was assigned?

I have been able to change staterooms 3 times at port with a GTY or VGT assignment. None were actually considered upgrades though since they were in same category, just a lateral move to a different cabin.

Katellyne, thank you for the information. What time did you arrive at the port to ask for the moves?
Scott
My pleasure! The Spring Break cruise we took the first bus from the airport to the terminal and were like the 2nd people to check in or so :) That one was a same cat cabin different location. But the other times we arrived later in the morning but still before boarding was complete. I will say that people with lower cats booked like inside were able to upgrade, there just wasn't anything higher than 5a that we already had. So there is no formula or perfect arrival time but the first ones there do have best chance of any unallocated cabins being available :)

My pleasure! The Spring Break cruise we took the first bus from the airport to the terminal and were like the 2nd people to check in or so :) That one was a same cat cabin different location. But the other times we arrived later in the morning but still before boarding was complete. I will say that people with lower cats booked like inside were able to upgrade, there just wasn't anything higher than 5a that we already had. So there is no formula or perfect arrival time but the first ones there do have best chance of any unallocated cabins being available :)

Great news!
We were able to upgrade to a cat 4D for only $553 on the 6th deck. It's a bigger room and not under the fitness center. We arrived at 9:30, got into the line about 15 deep. They started letting us checkin at 10:20.

Great news!
We were able to upgrade to a cat 4D for only $553 on the 6th deck. It's a bigger room and not under the fitness center. We arrived at 9:30, got into the line about 15 deep. They started letting us checkin at 10:20.

We were right behind this family and upgraded from OGT to 5E for $583. We could have had 4D for $978. 4D would have been nice but I'm very happy with our 5E! Saved me over $2,000 if I had originally booked 5E.

Great news!

We were right behind this family and upgraded from OGT to 5E for $583. We could have had 4D for $978. 4D would have been nice but I'm very happy with our 5E! Saved me over $2,000 if I had originally booked 5E.

I know you can pay for an upgrade, but if you are just changing rooms in the same category is there a charge for that?

Don't think so, but why would you be?

They may be accustomed to RCCL's policy of letting you change to an available stateroom in the same category if you aren't happy with your assigned GTY cabin. (Which IMHO defeats the whole purpose of/behind GTY...)

I see something odd on the Oct. 2017 Panama Canal cruise, where there is a Standard Inside - Guaranteed Stateroom for category 11c, but when you click on the rate details, the terms look like the IGT because it includes Full payment due at booking and is non-refundable. What do you think? Mistake on the website or something new and different?

I see something odd on the Oct. 2017 Panama Canal cruise, where there is a Standard Inside - Guaranteed Stateroom for category 11c, but when you click on the rate details, the terms look like the IGT because it includes Full payment due at booking and is non-refundable. What do you think? Mistake on the website or something new and different?
I found the same thing on one of the European cruise next May. I'm thinking DCL is either going to make GTY a non-refundable booking (doubtful) or someone put up the wrong page for the "rate details" info on the website.

Great news!

Hello. Do you remember what your scheduled PAT was? Ours is 12:30, but we're trying to figure out when to arrive to attempt a switch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!