Guaranteed Week Purchase if buying Riviera/Direct

Also, fixed weeks don't work for those of us who want to go about the same time every year but still get two trips within the year of an annual pass. In other words, if we visit during week 49 of one year, the next we will go week 47 or 48. so that both trips use the same annual pass.
I thought annual passes expire in 13 months? If so, you could still get that second visit in with an AP.

I'm not 100% positive but I think it's only with Riviera that they've allowed the discounts on the GW purchases and when Riviera first went on sale it may not have been done then either but then there started being reports they were offering the incentives on the weeks. Perhaps CCV had some incentives but I don't think so. All other resorts there weren't discounts on the weeks. CCV had one unique GW offering with the weeks associated with races that allow the start date to be modified to something other than Sunday otherwise all weeks sold are Sun-Sun.
They would not give me any incentives when purchasing my fixed week at CCV :(

Riviera GW owner here as well. I bought a GW for early December in a standard studio. So far I’m happy I did, one disadvantage that’s so obvious it’s easy to overlook though is that you’re locked into seven nights at that resort Sunday to Sunday. You cannot modify the reservation at all. So for my trip in December I’m flying in Saturday and staying at BLT for one night, then going to Riviera, and then back to BLT for three nights. It’s not a huge deal for me since I don’t have kids, but it’s something to think about.
(emphasis added)

This is the one reason why we won't consider a fixed week--we never start our trips on a Sunday (and rarely end on a Sunday) and having to book extra days before with another contract means our stay isn't actually guaranteed. I wish they'd add some flexibility around this, but not really sure how to make that work, so no guaranteed week for us despite traveling the same time every year.

Thank you. Do they still sell Aulani GW? I'm assuming that they do?

Here's a link to the original GW chart for Aulani. There has been some reallocations done at Aulani since it first went on sale so I have no idea if they adjusted GW's that they sell now or if they've left them the same.

https://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts/aulani-villas/news/1292-aulani-pricing-dues-taxes

DVC has sold very very few GW's anywhere and there are a lot of guides that have little knowledge of them other than that they exist.

Thank you. For runDisney guaranteed weeks do members have to choose one of the four events when purchasing a contract or do they have the option to pick an event annually.

Thank you. For runDisney guaranteed weeks do members have to choose one of the four events when purchasing a contract or do they have the option to pick an event annually.

Based on my understanding and the context of someone in the Fixed Week info thread you pick the week. Also they can adjust the dates of your stay as well it sounds like?

RunDisney FW owner here - you must pick one event and it's the same event every year. Each event is tied to a specific timeshare week, so if the race were to ever be canceled permanently, the booking would revert to the fixed week in the underlying contract. You can adjust the days of your stay - it doesn't have to be Sunday to Sunday.

RunDisney FW owner here - you must pick one event and it's the same event every year. Each event is tied to a specific timeshare week, so if the race were to ever be canceled permanently, the booking would revert to the fixed week in the underlying contract. You can adjust the days of your stay - it doesn't have to be Sunday to Sunday.

Is the underlying fixed week the same or can that be picked as well when picking the event?

Thank you. One more question, for guaranteed weeks (rundisney or regular events) if you don't want a full week, do you get the points you don't use? For example, for a week at Thanksgiving, if instead of Sunday to Sunday stay, I only wanted a Sunday to Friday stay. Would I get credit for the remaining two days? If so, how would the points be calculated? Would I still get the same priority booking?

Thank you. One more question, for guaranteed weeks (rundisney or regular events) if you don't want a full week, do you get the points you don't use? For example, for a week at Thanksgiving, if instead of Sunday to Sunday stay, I only wanted a Sunday to Friday stay. Would I get credit for the remaining two days? If so, how would the points be calculated? Would I still get the same priority booking?

Have to cancel full week or use full week, that is the only options.

Have to cancel full week or use full week, that is the only options.

This is only true for regular FW. For runDisney, you are allowed to book less than 7 days at the time of booking. MS will call you prior to the opening of the 11 month window and ask which days you want and for how long. We took the full 7 days for this year on a Thursday - Thursday this time. I haven't booked less than a week yet, but my understanding is the 10% premium goes away if you book fewer than 7 days - in other words, whatever days you book will be the regular points cost of the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!