Guests that smell bad -- *BAD* -- in the park

Just a reminder to remain respectful to each other, even when disagreeing.

My opinion - been around people with BO on crowded days. I just deal with it. If it's bad enough to bother me/make me sick, then I move away from the situation and go to a different environment that is acceptable to me. (rarely, if ever, happens. I'm pretty tolerant.)

I’m at the park today and spoke with a security CM. I asked him if there’s a policy in place for guests with horrible BO. He told me that they will, in fact, take steps — correctly, in my opinion — if a guest’s odor is offensive, including confronting the guest(s) and offering deodorant/perfume. So: to the posters that said/implied that I’m insensitive or obnoxious, at least Disneyland agrees with me on this matter. Of course anyone is free to disagree.

That makes DLR complicit in being insensitive.

It can also be insensitive to prejudge security CMs without knowing the details and extenuating circumstances of any of these situations. Security CMs work very hard and do a very good job. The CMs I know would go out of their way to try to help someone and find out more about what was going on in a situation where something like this got reported before shoving deodorant or perfume in someone's face. In a "smelly" situation, there is a big difference between someone being drunk and disorderly and someone with a medical issue needing help and compassion. I would trust the security CMs to have the job training and experience to know the difference before judging them all (or judging all DLR) as being insensitive.
As the previous post reminded us all, let's keep this thread respectful to all posters, even when disagreeing.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!