Gulf State Park Dismeet 2018: Sand, Sun, and Puzzles...

The falls are nice. It's a city or county campground. Not far off the interstate

If you are coming down I59 from Chattanooga through Gadsden to the 'Ham and Gulf, I know every crack in the pavement along that route. Lookout Mountain which you see in front of you as you are squeezed up against the Tennessee River after passing downtown Chattanooga runs all the way down past Gadsden and approaches Birmingham. Noccollula is up on Lookout at Gadsden.

So what I am saying for you specifically towing your hoss of a trailer is: when you get off I59 in Gadsden to Noccollula, you climb about 400 vertical feet in a mile. If you don't want to take the direct route, you can take the next exit (Hwy 431) and come in the back way which is a little less steep and more gradual.

Then if you want to know about the bbq, turkey, pecans, wine, and cheese stops between Birmingham and Gulf, I can help with that too.

Bama Ed

Chris you are looking better than me at this stage. I am looking at 4 nights on the road. Between the 2 dogs and my wife not really too hot at being on the road by 8am but insisting we stop with at least 1.5 hours till sundown my travel day is 6 hrs, and I say that building in time for potty stop for us and the girls ( But Sky believes it is against the law to go while on a leash) Fuel stop. but will PM you soon looking for different route home

The falls are nice. It's a city or county campground. Not far off the interstate

If you are coming down I59 from Chattanooga through Gadsden to the 'Ham and Gulf, I know every crack in the pavement along that route. Lookout Mountain which you see in front of you as you are squeezed up against the Tennessee River after passing downtown Chattanooga runs all the way down past Gadsden and approaches Birmingham. Noccollula is up on Lookout at Gadsden.

So what I am saying for you specifically towing your hoss of a trailer is: when you get off I59 in Gadsden to Noccollula, you climb about 400 vertical feet in a mile. If you don't want to take the direct route, you can take the next exit (Hwy 431) and come in the back way which is a little less steep and more gradual.

Then if you want to know about the bbq, turkey, pecans, wine, and cheese stops between Birmingham and Gulf, I can help with that too.

Bama Ed

Looks from the information that it is a city campground, which is neat. The falls looked like something to explore in the morning before loading up to head to GSP, especially since check in ain't until 4pm.

I will look at coming in on 431, but the diesel has more than enough to haul hoss up the hill.

Now bbq, them there are some good stops, sadly have never been a wine person.

Chris you are looking better than me at this stage. I am looking at 4 nights on the road. Between the 2 dogs and my wife not really too hot at being on the road by 8am but insisting we stop with at least 1.5 hours till sundown my travel day is 6 hrs, and I say that building in time for potty stop for us and the girls ( But Sky believes it is against the law to go while on a leash) Fuel stop. but will PM you soon looking for different route home

We will be running three days down and two on the way back. The trip back up will be two 8/9 hour days, which is more my usual travel.

Glo & Arnold (Friendofeeyore & Grumpy Aggie) will arrive on 5/24 thru 5/31 - Since we are retired now!! We may try & see if we can stay few days longer. I can't wait to meet all!!

Mike my dates are correct. Looks like everything is coming together nicely. I too look forward to meeting the new people.

I got Randy and Glo visit dates updated on the first post.

Looks like I'm gonna have to leave out on the morning of the 29th headed home as daughter apparently has practice 3 days that week. I think instead of refunding the days I'm gonna have them transfer them to October when the girls are out of school for fall break and make another run down there like we did year before last. I'm gonna call them next week and get it set up.

Oh yeah, @SouthAlabama5er I made sure I had some pecan wood stashed in my barn if think we'll need it. (Randy and I been scheming on food ideas while we are down there).

I got Randy and Glo visit dates updated on the first post.

Looks like I'm gonna have to leave out on the morning of the 29th headed home as daughter apparently has practice 3 days that week. I think instead of refunding the days I'm gonna have them transfer them to October when the girls are out of school for fall break and make another run down there like we did year before last. I'm gonna call them next week and get it set up.

Oh yeah, @SouthAlabama5er I made sure I had some pecan wood stashed in my barn if think we'll need it. (Randy and I been scheming on food ideas while we are down there).

We can bring the pierogies !

We can bring the pierogies !

Ok, that's fine but park regulations are that all pets have to be on a leash at all times. :teeth:

Chris, I'll get your dates updated tonight. Not sure how, but I missed your post when you gave me the dates from the 25th to the 28th.

Tiggerdad I know you prefer a High Fiber diet so you can have all the Scrabble tiles I'll do the Scrapple ones

Ok, that's fine but park regulations are that all pets have to be on a leash at all times. :teeth:

Chris, I'll get your dates updated tonight. Not sure how, but I missed your post when you gave me the dates from the 25th to the 28th.

It is ok, being the dog sometimes travels with us, we always have extra leashes with us. I also subscribe to the boy scout motto of be ready, so there is at least 1000 feet of parachute (550) cord in the trailer, which could make a few more.

20180217_155614.jpeg

Well got the cover on today. Not quite centered perfectly, but for the first time, not too bad. Now the sky is falling....and by Tuesday it is going to be 70 degrees.

Good job on the cover. Yours is on right side out. My first try, I couldn't figure out why the straps were on the inside. :P

Yours is on pretty square, but I wonder if my cover is taller. Mine will completely cover the tires. Yours looks shorter.

Here's mine last Fall.

20161210_153242-1328x747.jpg
j

Good job on the cover. Yours is on right side out. My first try, I couldn't figure out why the straps were on the inside. :P

Yours is on pretty square, but I wonder if my cover is taller. Mine will completely cover the tires. Yours looks shorter.

Here's mine last Fall.

View attachment 302977
j

Not sure if your is taller or just mine is well a bit off center, the photo I took is of the short side, the other side is pretty much just short of the ground. It is the ADCO, largest that they make, it has the zippers in the rear for a TH also.
And I remember you mentioning to make sure it was on the right direction and not inside out. Thanks for saving me that headache.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!