Gulf State Park Dismeet 2018: Sand, Sun, and Puzzles...

Joe,

Sorry to hear your daughter is back in the hospital. Glad the camper is drying out and doesn't have any smell or "discoloration".

Disney will still be there when everything falls back into place.

j

Good luck with your new job and your daughter, Joe.

Ed

Like all of us our thoughts and prayers go out to Joe and his daughter. As he is busy with seeing to needs I took up his offer to check with a TA ( We use and are friends with the same one) for what she can do for us in terms of a Dis Meet at Fort Wilderness.
If we are looking at October 2019 or beyond we need to get this ball rolling. They are CURRENTLY booking for Oct 2019 and Nov will start to open up in a few days.
To qualify as a group we would need at least 10 people to sign on and commit and allow her to link the reservations. We will each be allowed to select the type of site that works best us. Those that Need Premium can go for that while those who might only need a tent site are free to book that.
Discounts. In general discounts for campsites are a thing of the past. That being said IF enough people were booking cabins or rooms at other resorts while identified as members of our group something MIGHT be available.
Oct 2019 is no good for me as one of my Nephews is getting married but I can help where needed.

@Flametamr
Joe,
Congratulations on the new job and glad to hear your daughter is doing better. How is Halloween looking for this year?
Steve

Joe, so sorry to hear your daughter is back in the hospital. Praying for her, you & also your RV problem. Pls., if U have time to let us know how your daughter is doing. Family comes 1st, the Fort will always be there.

I was able to get her home yesterday (Weds) afternoon. She is better but still sick. Will probably take another week or two to get her fully healed. Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers.

Hey Steve, We have a premium site booked and also a cart. I start work in 2 days and should know if I can get time off or not. I may have to do something crazy like take the camper down during the week and fly home to work and fly back down Halloween eve. That would be a lot of trouble but I love flying and hate to miss the Fort on Halloween.

My daughter is doing much better. Just about back to normal. We got her a new machine that helps clear her lungs and we are hopeful this will cut down on infections. Thanks again for all the kind words. They are really appreciated. I love you guys and gals.

Last edited:
I think some one spilled the beans about Michael and Randy's newfound alligator rasslin skills and he was ascared!!

I think some one spilled the beans about Michael and Randy's newfound alligator rasslin skills and he was ascared!!

You bet he was.

He's heard tales of the figure 4 tail lock I'm sure.

If I can ever get a reservation, we'll be there for 2019 at GSP. Website doesn't work (tried from multiple PC's) and they aren't answering the phone either!

If I can ever get a reservation, we'll be there for 2019 at GSP. Website doesn't work (tried from multiple PC's) and they aren't answering the phone either!

The website is horrible, have been in contact with Alabama St Parks Director about it. And yes it can take a bit to get thru on the phone, you can leave your number and they will call you back. We are in 61 next year next to the bathhouse, behind Tiggerdad, and SouthAlabama5er.

Oh my gosh @bama_ed , finally got our reservation set. Only took 2 weeks of phone tag. We check in on Sunday 26-May and out on Saturday 1-June. Site # 16

Congratulations. I was trying to get 15, 16 or 17 when we booked and they were not available. They are just simple to get in with our big rig. But oh well, we will be in 61 and will fit no problem.

Nice Bishoparc. Right across from Ed. That wasn't available when I looked, but I'm coming in on Saturday.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter