H&V or Beaches & Cream

maciec

AHHHH....Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?
When you spend the day at MGM do you eat there or leave and go somewhere else?

I am not crazy for Italian (unless it's DH's), dh won't go to Prime Time, and we don't like Sci-Fi .... leaves us with counter or H&V.

I would really like to go to Beaches and Cream. Chances of us staying for Fantasmic is slim to none. We have a 1yoa and 4yo.

So what would you do head over to Beaches or stay at MGM and go to H&V?

I agree that MGM's food offerings are a little lame. We usually end up eating Counter Service at the Backlot Express, which is good, or Pizza Planet, which is not that good but the arcade is fun especially if you have Toy Store fans. Brown Derby probably has the best food in MGM, but it's pricey. I've never eaten at Hollywood and Vine.

If we can time it right, we eat in Epcot's World Showcase before or after our MGM trip. On our last trip we bought the kids hot dogs from a stand on the Boardwalk on the way over and we ate WS counter service.

If you don't want to travel quite so far to Beaches N Cream, there are several offerings at the Boardwalk. Both Spoodles and Flying Fish are good. Beaches N' Cream is basically counter service, though very good burgers, and people often have long waits and no place to sit. That wouldn't work with my two toddlers. You might be better off going to ESPN Zone on the Boardwalk for dinner and then hitting Beaches N Cream for dessert if you're still hungry.

We enjoyed MGM ABC Commissary. It's counter service. The hamburgers were very good. It has indoor and outdoor seating. It was very pleasant and relaxing indoors.

The Brown Derby is more expensive, but IMO is worth it. I keep wanting to try the famous grapefruit cake, but never have enough room. Maybe next time.

I forgot all about the Brown Derby. I am gong to check out the reviews on both and see what everyone thinks.

Thanks for the replies!

We took the boat to Beaches and Cream for our lunch break at MGM. It was delicious. The burgers are good, and the ice cream was fantastic! This year we ate dinner at Mama Melrose, and it was just okay. Brown Derby is much better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter