Hagrid's Coaster Queue Updates / Questions / Reviews

My experience yesterday - we moseyed over to IOA about 10:30, checked the app and the Hagrid's line said 45 minutes, by the time we got there is was up to 60, we decided to get in. The single rider line was closed. While we waited the wait time on the app kept going up, and I noticed the SR line had opened up. (As people went by I asked someone to be sure they were SR, and was told yes.) At this point we had waited about 20 min and were still outside. We decided to stick with the regular line, took a little over an hour, and we actually beat some of those folks I had seen go by in SR because that line was LONG. The ride did go down shortly after we got off, it stopped briefly at the end of our ride and all the cars backed up waiting to unload us.

Yesterday was crowded, all the SR lines were much longer than usual, many 30-40 minutes. Lots of school groups there. Mummy regular line said 35 so we waited in it for a change, took about 30 but it is an interesting queue and I haven't beem through it in years.

no one has posted but it looks like Hagrids has been down all day 2/23 and looks to be down all day today too. I don't think it's been down for full days in a row before. Hopefully they are doing some upgrades for reliability but reports are that it's just broken??????

Was at IOA on Feb. 23rd, and can confirm it was closed most if not all day. Hoping to ride tomorrow, but wondering if something is seriously wrong with the ride. Anyone know?

Was at IOA on Feb. 23rd, and can confirm it was closed most if not all day. Hoping to ride tomorrow, but wondering if something is seriously wrong with the ride. Anyone know?

They keep having different issues. Right now the issue is with the drop track. They have found a temporary fix for it and are implementing it while they solve the larger problem.

Having rotten luck with this ride. It has had extended downtimes the last 2 days, so we didn't get to ride. Today, we decided to rope drop. Got in line at the gate at 7:50am. They let us into the park at 8:40am or so. They announced at 9am that the ride is slightly delayed. At 9:30am they announced an extended delay. It's now 9:54am and still extended delay. People are bailing. Do they still give you special passes to return if they evacuate the line? We've invested 2hrs now, and don't want to just leave. Thoughts?

I'm hoping that the recent extended downtimes is giving them enough time to reasonably stabilize things for my upcoming trip and the spring break crowds.......
I wish I could be this optimistic (we'll be there late March).

Having rotten luck with this ride. It has had extended downtimes the last 2 days, so we didn't get to ride. Today, we decided to rope drop. Got in line at the gate at 7:50am. They let us into the park at 8:40am or so. They announced at 9am that the ride is slightly delayed. At 9:30am they announced an extended delay. It's now 9:54am and still extended delay. People are bailing. Do they still give you special passes to return if they evacuate the line? We've invested 2hrs now, and don't want to just leave. Thoughts?

It's 10:41am now and still sitting in line. I wish they would evacuate the line, if there's no hope of riding soon. Invested 3hrs into this so far.

It's 10:41am now and still sitting in line. I wish they would evacuate the line, if there's no hope of riding soon. Invested 3hrs into this so far.
well at least they are showing a wait time now. Were they before? after investing this much time i'd not give up unless you have a lot more stuff to do and fear running out of time.

well at least they are showing a wait time now. Were they before? after investing this much time i'd not give up unless you have a lot more stuff to do and fear running out of time.
Ride is back up! It hasn't shown wait times until now. People cheering!

I've read elsewhere that the newest issue they have is related to the drop track portion of the ride, and supposedly they have a long term fix planned, but it will reduce overall capacity during the fix period (i.e. only using one drop track while the other is being fixed, and then switching to the other one).

Off the ride at 11:20am. The ride is terrific, no doubt. But, we were in line at the gate at 7:50am, and done at 11:20am. Just not worth it for us. I'm glad we did it, but wouldn't wait that long again. Thanks for bearing with me!

I've read elsewhere that the newest issue they have is related to the drop track portion of the ride, and supposedly they have a long term fix planned, but it will reduce overall capacity during the fix period (i.e. only using one drop track while the other is being fixed, and then switching to the other one).
can you share with me where, even in a PM if the link isn't allowed. I'm an engineer and very interested in the technical stuff of these rides.

Off the ride at 11:20am. The ride is terrific, no doubt. But, we were in line at the gate at 7:50am, and done at 11:20am. Just not worth it for us. I'm glad we did it, but wouldn't wait that long again. Thanks for bearing with me!

They're only running 7 trains right now since the one drop track is closed, so going to be a LONG wait.

Last edited:
Got in line 1222, just got off. Loved the ride but the line is nuts. Having the room with hagrid so far ahead of where ride is deceiving too.

can you share with me where, even in a PM if the link isn't allowed. I'm an engineer and very interested in the technical stuff of these rides.

It's just from another message board that has a few insiders that seem to be in the know at times. So not from an engineering site or anything like that.

I was wondering what the orange card people were getting and returning to the single rider lane was. I left to go to bathroom and followed a family of 4 back thru single rider, which at time was closed.

I was wondering what the orange card people were getting and returning to the single rider lane was. I left to go to bathroom and followed a family of 4 back thru single rider, which at time was closed.

Those people were evacuated from the ride and given a card to return.

We had a similar start to our day as CJK today. We were at the gates at 7:50, let in the park at 840. They said there was a “brief delay” but they still let people line up so we got in. They kept announcing a slight delay until 9:30 when they said it was going to be an extended delay. At 10:00 we finally got out of line as we wanted to get other rides done. We heard it started up shortly after 11:00. We got back in line around 2:50-55pm. Wait time posted was 135mins. We were off the ride at 5:35. So 2 hour and 45 min wait. We both had a lot of fun, it was a great ride, but we’d never wait anywhere close to that long to ride it again.

Just an FYI, when I was there a few weeks ago, we were given Gryffindor colored riding passes to returned after they closed the ride again. It did not specifically say "come back to Hagrid's", but listed a bunch of other rides on the back. I left it in our room when we we went back the next day and waited over 2 hours in line. If I'd had the pass, we would've been skipped ahead to at least the unicorn room. That's a huge time saving, so make sure you bring it back with you! I just ended up keeping mine as a fun souvenir.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter