Hair dryer: bring or use what's there?

Hair dryer: bring one or not?

• Bring your own... the one on board is too whimpy!

• The one provided in the room is just fine. Leave yours at home.

• Hair dryer? Who need a hair dryer? You are on vacation!

Results are only viewable after voting.

psimon

Will travel for turkey legs!
I have seen a few comments regarding the hair dryers available on board. Trying to decide whether to bring one or not. Please help me decide!

Thanks... Paul

Hi, Paul,
Yes, I am bringing a dryer with an extension cord...read too many posts about the "wimpy" dryer in the room.
See you on the 2nd!
Toni

Originally posted by c_u_soon
Hi, Paul,
Yes, I am bringing a dryer with an extension cord...read too many posts about the "wimpy" dryer in the room.
See you on the 2nd!
Toni

Make sure the extension cord you bring is hefty enough for a hair dryer. A standard extension cord doesn't have the "capacity" for the current that a dryer will use! Check the label on the cord to make sure and compare it to the specs on the dryer!

See you then!

Paul

I took my hair dryer on our cruise in September and was very glad I did. The one that is provided was not powerful enough for me to style my hair.

Donna:smooth:

I took mine last January and did not need an extension cord. I plugged it in at the vanity area with the big mirror (next to the tv). Never had any problems. I was glad I had mine because my hair is fairly long and thick; using the one provided in the bathroom would have taken me forever. Someone with shorter hair may feel differently.

The one provided is good enough to do "the-shower-cap-hairline", but not much else. Plus, as noted above, you can plug your own in at the vanity area and the girls can do their hair while the guys are still bogarting the bath and toilet.

If you need a dryer to style your hair then bring your own. My dryer has a big plug with a reset button and it would not fit in the outlets on the desk because they are right at desk level. I was glad we brought the extention cord. I was able to plug in the curling iron though.:)

I have short hair and found the ship hairdryer to be just fine...I never pack a dryer when I travel. Ahhhh I guess it's just a benefit of short hair. :D

Originally posted by abitjaded

You can plug your own in at the vanity area and the girls can do their hair while the guys are still bogarting the bath and toilet.

"bogarting"? I'm not familiar with that expression. What does it mean?

I found the one on board just fine, I have hair that is well below my shoulders and it was just fine...dont bother taking up the space by bringing your own!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter