Hall of Presidents

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDW1970

Mouseketeer
Anyone have anything new on when HOP will be reopening? Our last day is Friday June 30 and I see conflicting reports of opening back up on June 30 or July 4. On the Disney site June 29 and prior says "down for refurbishment" and on June 30 it moved to "schedule unavailable". Would be great if they actually opened up on June 30 to see the refurb.! Thanks!

On MDE it says
The HoP will be closed for refurbishment from January 17 through June 29
And on the Disney website it just says "no times available" so until Disney announces otherwise I would think it reopens June 30th

Thanks! I appreciate the response. That was what I had been seeing but wanted to check if there was some info out there I might have missed. I will keep my fingers crossed!

I heard a rumored push back until fall, any confirmation on that?

I've heard that as well.

Trying not to be political here: considering the very real possibility that the current POTUS' term might not last beyond the end of the year, Disney would be wise to hold off on investing much time, money, and effort into a speaking Trump robotic, only to have to do it all over again for a Pence robotic. I think they're wise to sit on this for a while, until this whole thing shakes out.

As of a news story a few days ago they were not getting a lot of feedback on when they could schedule a recording with Trump. There is some significant, non-political, chat about this in the News Roundup section. I'm guessing there will be a non-speaking Trump when the Hall of Presidents does re-open and Disney will avoid the issue speaking, sitting Presidents has created. I have heard all 3 recent speaking Presidents booed, so it wouldn't surprise me if they ended the practice. Especially with the show being so long. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if they cut down the show to more like 15 minutes.

It will most likely sill open on June 30th with all current POTUS NOT speaking and just Washington speaking (this is the rumor thats been going around for a while)

Rumor of it being pushed back until Fall I DO NOT see that happening. Would be too political for Disney

If they eliminate the speaking role, then I hope they stay consistent with that from here forward. But what if a woman is elected next? Do they not give the woman a speaking role? This is fraught with all sorts of issues. They need to stay the course and continue what they have been doing.

If they eliminate the speaking role, then I hope they stay consistent with that from here forward. But what if a woman is elected next? Do they not give the woman a speaking role? This is fraught with all sorts of issues. They need to stay the course and continue what they have been doing.

I might be wrong but I think the current POTUS's speaking was actually added around the early 90s. Before that I think it was just Washington and Lincoln

That's what they are probably going to go back to.

I might be wrong but I think the current POTUS's speaking was actually added around the early 90s. Before that I think it was just Washington and Lincoln

I get that. But if the do it, they need to make that apply from here forward. Hillary runs again and wins? No speaking role.

I think it'd be cool as someone suggested in another thread to give another historical president a speaking role (JFK, Roosevelt although he speaks in the American adventure) instead of the sitting one. But as a pp said if they do this they gotta stay consistent for a couple more administrations

yes, it started with Clinton and has just been Clinton, W, and Obama - although there were all 2 term presidents so has had this feature for 24 years which is actually longer than the attraction was open for before this started (so for >50% of the time they have had the current president speak)

Given that there has already been reports of people booing the current president I think it is best to not have the current president speak - just obviously supporters of our current president will feel it is Disney being political and anti-Trump, etc. ... but probably best to just do it, deal with it head on for a bit and then move on (i.e., ripping off the bandaid)

yes, it started with Clinton and has just been Clinton, W, and Obama - although there were all 2 term presidents so has had this feature for 24 years which is actually longer than the attraction was open for before this started (so for >50% of the time they have had the current president speak)

Given that there has already been reports of people booing the current president I think it is best to not have the current president speak - just obviously supporters of our current president will feel it is Disney being political and anti-Trump, etc. ... but probably best to just do it, deal with it head on for a bit and then move on (i.e., ripping off the bandaid)

IMO way too political to keep all the speaking roles and just leave Trump out.

I think Disney knows that and thats why we have been hearing for a while now they will just remove all of them except Washington. Not the best solution but at same time not too Political

IMO way too political to keep all the speaking roles and just leave Trump out.

I think Disney knows that and thats why we have been hearing for a while now they will just remove all of them except Washington. Not the best solution but at same time not too Political

yeah, sorry, that is what I meant - just have the really historic President's speak (Washington, Lincoln, etc.) and none since WDW opened. Could add in like JFK or something

The RIGHT thing to do would be to do what it takes to have a speaking Trump animatronic and be consistent with the previous 24 years.

However, I don't think Disney will do that, if for no other reason than the very real concern of how to then deal with "protesters" in the exhibit. From what I've seen in the media, I think it will get worse than an occasional smattering of boos.

The RIGHT thing to do would be to do what it takes to have a speaking Trump animatronic and be consistent with the previous 24 years.

However, I don't think Disney will do that, if for no other reason than the very real concern of how to then deal with "protesters" in the exhibit. From what I've seen in the media, I think it will get worse than an occasional smattering of boos.

From what I read yesterday, Trump is not cooperating with the requests to record a speach.:confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts