Hall of Presidents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Our family participated in the American experience youth program 2 years ago. We walked behind the stage AWSOME. The presidents are all built life size. Great attraction ,and people should view it for what it is. An attraction.

I wouldn't rule out Disney just slow walking the re-opening in hopes all the heated public feelings will cool off a bit.

Thats a very real possibility also

There are a couple of websites that show the daily schedule of POTUS. Looked through a bunch and haven't seen anything yet about POTUS meeting with Disney to record voice.

I will monitor those sites to see when a recording session with Disney takes place.

I agree though I think it would have to be quite a slow walk. I don't know how long it will take public sentiment to simmer down

I don't think they are slow walking anything. Use the KISS method. They simply don't have the recording yet for whatever reason you want to ascribe and since they are trying to keep the attraction the same, it can't reopen. Disney has said from the beginning they were looking for "a smooth transition." With this latest news, we can all put 2 and 2 together and come up with where the most likely delay can be found.

Is that guaranteed, no. But it's seems significantly likely at this point.

I don't think they are slow walking anything. Use the KISS method. They simply don't have the recording yet for whatever reason you want to ascribe and since they are trying to keep the attraction the same, it can't reopen. Disney has said from the beginning they were looking for "a smooth transition." With this latest news, we can all put 2 and 2 together and come up with where the most likely delay can be found.

Is that guaranteed, no. But it's seems significantly likely at this point.
Yeah, I was saying if they were to *try* and slow walk it/wait for tensions to cool off then they would be waiting for ages...

Disney imagineers are most likely just having a difficult time getting that perfect shade of orange for the new animatronic! Haha just kidding everyone. In all seriousness, I have always loved the HoP and look forward to it reopening with our new president featured in the traditional speaking role. Whether or not I voted for him (I didn't btw), I respect our country's amazing political process and support our current president.

Disney imagineers are most likely just having a difficult time getting that perfect shade of orange...

This was my first thought as well :) (and I completely agree with the rest of your comment).

I was really hoping that it would re-open in time for my September trip, bummer.

This article sheds some more light

Iger himself said just last month that they are still working on a script for Trump

So it does seem they are waiting for Trump to record his speech

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-to-have-speaking-role-in-disney-worlds-hall-of-presidents/
Actually it seems that Trump is waiting for the script. So once it is written it can be recorded.

From the article:

Disney CEO Bob Iger told reporter's at an attraction opening last month that a script for Mr. Trump was in the works and that Disney Imagineers had began creating his bust shortly after the January inauguration.

Actually it seems that Trump is waiting for the script. So once it is written it can be recorded.

From the article:

Disney CEO Bob Iger told reporter's at an attraction opening last month that a script for Mr. Trump was in the works and that Disney Imagineers had began creating his bust shortly after the January inauguration.
I read on another site that the White House has the script and it's under review. If true perhaps they just received it.

Perhaps since they can't do any work on it until the script is reviewed and recorded, they could reopen it for a short period to give people a chance to enjoy it over July 4th?

Perhaps since they can't do any work on it until the script is reviewed and recorded, they could reopen it for a short period to give people a chance to enjoy it over July 4th?
Maybe they're mid-rehab though. Maybe they sent all the presidents' suits out to the cleaners and they're all sitting there in their unmentionables? :scared1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter