Hall of Presidents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? Did they "slow walk" the rehab after the last election? Half of the country wasn't thrilled then either.
Exactly!! I didn't go to the attraction because of this reason, but I wouldn't expect them to upset half the country......

Why? Did they "slow walk" the rehab after the last election? Half of the country wasn't thrilled then either.
Oh, I agree that it shouldn't be necessary. But that's all I can really say and stay within the rules here. I just think Disney is reacting to the reality of what's happening in terms of over the top reactions.

I could give you a lengthy, multi-page and scholarly cited word document explaining the differences between then and now, but I'm pretty sure I'd get a scold talking to.

So I'll summarize that by saying that the tension on both sides of the spectrum are much higher these days than before, which is why Disney holding off on opening up an attraction that has vague political ties wouldn't the most shocking or abnormal decision the've made.

Plus, the above posters could be right and the suits haven't been ironed out yet.

Maybe the technical difficulties are "creative differences" ............ this makes about as much sense as anything else ...... as to who will write the speech.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/...disneys-donald-trump-hall-of-presidents-drama

Makes sense. Disney isn't going to want any speech they don't have input on to be put into the attraction, and I'm sure neither side is willing to relent from their position. So it'll be curious to see what the agreement that Vice is hinting at becomes.

Maybe the technical difficulties are "creative differences" ............ this makes about as much sense as anything else ...... as to who will write the speech.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/...disneys-donald-trump-hall-of-presidents-drama

Makes sense. Disney isn't going to want any speech they don't have input on to be put into the attraction, and I'm sure neither side is willing to relent from their position. So it'll be curious to see what the agreement that Vice is hinting at becomes.

Ugh. This could get to be a problem to say the least.

I can totally see Mr Trump not wanting to let anyone else be in control... and I can see Disney being also (albeit politely) just as immovable on this subject. Disney does not want to turn this attraction into a political issue or even really a political attraction. It is all about Rah Rah America, as it should be. My gut sides with Disney on this one, they just want to open the attraction and make everyone happy with a nice "feel good" speech. Keep the speech simple, keep it light and positive.... No need to put in partisan politics, "hot button issues", axes to grind and business promotion.

The key word here is "egomaniacal"...

...perhaps no one outside of the NYC metropolitan area is grasping this? It NEVER goes away. You want the "difference" this time...I wouldn't discount this possibility.

Based on that article..this seems like more trouble than it's worth. If he won't cooperate, omit him. Call it "the hall of presidents who are dead and/or willing to cooperate with Disney".

Why should he be allowed to write his own speech? Every other president was willing to collaborate with Disney. I think we can ALL agree that his speech should be non-partisan, as "content-less" as possible, and surely should not include a promotion of his business interests.....why can't he work with others and accept that?

If Disney did in fact cave and allow him to write his own speech with no input.....I hope that becomes public knowledge.

Based on that article..this seems like more trouble than it's worth. If he won't cooperate, omit him. Call it "the hall of presidents who are dead and/or willing to cooperate with Disney".

Why should he be allowed to write his own speech? Every other president was willing to collaborate with Disney. I think we can ALL agree that his speech should be non-partisan, as "content-less" as possible, and surely should not include a promotion of his business interests.....why can't he work with others and accept that?

If Disney did in fact cave and allow him to write his own speech with no input.....I hope that becomes public knowledge.

This show did not have current Presidents speaking until the last 3, and those happened without issue. If Disney is going to have issues with doing this going forward, then go back to the previous style where historic Presidents were the only ones who speak. This would mean much shorter closures for guests as well.

With all due respect to that site, it has been wrong in the past so I would say that article is "pure speculation" at best.

EVERYTHING published about why the delay is pure speculation. Not one thing said is any more credible than another. This particular reason makes the most sense. The AA should be done and ready. If they were reverting back to the way it was until recent Presidents there would be no reason to delay. If they were going to have him speak, it should be done and finished and no reason to delay. Scheduling shouldn't be a problem since there is ample time for golf, this only takes 20 minutes per previous reports. Disney has been doing this for years with no issues, so the issue is clearly coming from someone else. WHY would Disney say late 2017 if they had an agreement? Only makes sense if there is a great difference of opinion since nothing else really comes into play. Sadly this makes perfect sense. Disney's company, Disney's park, Disney's attraction. They need it done in a way that is Disney style and appropriate or change the process back to the original so this isn't a problem in the future.

PS Most of what is on this sub-forum is pure speculation and copy/paste from other sites, so this fits.

Last edited:
EVERYTHING published about why the delay is pure speculation. Not one thing said is any more credible than another. This particular reason makes the most sense. The AA should be done and ready. If they were reverting back to the way it was until recent Presidents there would be no reason to delay. If they were going to have him speak, it should be done and finished and no reason to delay. Scheduling shouldn't be a problem since there is ample time for golf, this only takes 20 minutes per previous reports. Disney has been doing this for years with no issues, so the issue is clearly coming from someone else. WHY would Disney say late 2017 if they had an agreement? Only makes sense if there is a great difference of opinion since nothing else really comes into play. Sadly this makes perfect sense. Disney's company, Disney's park, Disney's attraction. They need it done in a way that is Disney style and appropriate or change the process back to the original so this isn't a problem in the future.

PS Most of what is on this sub-forum is pure speculation and copy/paste from other sites, so this fits.

Ok so then it is fair to say this is all rumor and speculation.

Until we hear directly from Disney why the delay.

That is fair enough.

The people in flyover country grasp more than you think.

I have a hard time resolving this at the current time...though that wasn't always the case.

...I'm a rust belter, Dear...I get it.

I'm talking about the cult of personality that is always there...not the politics. My sense is that most in the country believe deep down that it's an act...it is not...the ego is real.

Remember when Dorothy visits the professor before the twister hits? That's what we're talking about.

I have little doubt that somebody in the white mansion would have some "issues" with whatever needs to be taped...there's ALWAYS issues.

Ok so then it is fair to say this is all rumor and speculation.

Until we hear directly from Disney why the delay.

That is fair enough.

I never posted it as fact, just maybe this is the reason since at the moment it's the only one that makes sense.

Most of what is posted here is in fact rumor, not fact, because honestly until something is built and actually operating it's still not fact.

I doubt Disney will announce the actual problem but based on history I think we can deduce it's not a Disney issue. Even if they decide to go back to the old way the show was (which was about half of it's lifetime) we will hear the PR reasoning.

Yeah they are getting their information from the same people that was posted above.

Once one reports on it it goes viral to everyone
Yeah this is just a load of speculation and BS. One unnamed source who may not even work for Disney or the Government, may just decide to say this for the sole purpose of creating more negative attention for the president. I may even agree this is #FakeNews

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter