Halloween at the Cheyenne - Pre-trip

Ms Poppins

I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk
A bit of background....

We’ve been to DLP numerous times and at least once every year for the last 9 years. We planned a break from Disney this year as we had a big holiday in June – but I did feel a bit sad :sad2:

DS1 hasn’t been with us to DLP for 4 years (last time was to celebrate my 40th). He’s been working abroad and is home for a few months. His GF that he met whilst away is visiting us for a few weeks and she’s a Disney nut too! They got talking and said they really wanted to go to DLP. So, we’ve hastily booked a trip that could only fit in within specific dates and as a result we’ve booked this a bit upside down….costing us more than it needed to and has been changed several times already!!

Anyway, it’s not a big deal. The main thing is we’re going to Disneyland Paris again – soon!!!

The Cast:

Me – Julie 43
DH – John 47
DS1 – Mark 24
DS1 GF – Macie 21
DS2 – Lewis 14

DD and her BF are staying at home

Here's Lewis meeting Darth Vader last summer

P1060664 (480x640).jpg

When
Only dates we can go Monday 15 – Wednesday 17 October….slap bang in our school half-term which means flights from Glasgow cost an absolute fortune. We’re driving to Liverpool instead, saving about £800!

Where
Cheyenne in Wyoming rooms which I understand are next to the river and close to the walkway that takes you into the Village. We’ve only stayed there once before for our very first visit to DLP in 1998 and are really looking forward to seeing the Toy Story themed rooms.
We booked room only through Expedia and our annual passes arrived this morning :cheer2: Slightly annoyed with myself that I didn't get us all passes when I ordered DD's last month - we would have got the family discount. Also, annoyed that there is no option to get the shareholder discount online. I didn't want to risk ordering via postal forms in case it took a bit longer. In the end it took exactly 8 days from ordering online to receiving the passes which I think is amazing :thumbsup2

Ezyshuttle are booked to get us to and from the airport - always amazing service with them :thumbsup2

Things we want to do:

• We might do the Paris evening tour one evening if we can get booked up but other than that we have no firm plans other than to enjoy our two days in the parks. Our flight home is later in the evening so we don't need to leave until about 19:30 on our last day which is good.
  • I'd like to eat at Plaza Gardens, Hakuna Matata and of course Earl of Sandwich and Annette's if we can manage it.
  • Really looking forward to Mark seeing all the refurbs since his last visit and showing Macie around 'our' park. She's very familiar with WDW but is so excited to see the castle :cheer2:
Everything is booked, just waiting until we can pack and go!

What fun to show "your park" to a WDW fan! I was at DLP 1 month ago, also stayed at Cheyenne. We were in one of the buildings at the end of the row near the walkway to the parks - we didn't take the shuttle at all and the walk was easy and even pleasant! If you go to WDS, use the Single Rider for Ratatouille - even though you are a group. You'll get on one at a time but save around an hour in wait time!!!! Have a blast!

What fun to show "your park" to a WDW fan! I was at DLP 1 month ago, also stayed at Cheyenne. We were in one of the buildings at the end of the row near the walkway to the parks - we didn't take the shuttle at all and the walk was easy and even pleasant! If you go to WDS, use the Single Rider for Ratatouille - even though you are a group. You'll get on one at a time but save around an hour in wait time!!!! Have a blast!

We plan on walking when we can, hopefully the weather stays dry.

Yes, we discovered the single rider line very quickly a number of years ago and always use it. A massive time saver and we usually always end up in the same rats :thumbsup2

Weather is looking dry and quite nice at the moment so hopefully it'll stay that way :cool2:

I've still to get some hot chocolate sachets/cereal bars for snacks but apart from that we seem sorted.

Looking forward to Salon Mickey so we'll have breakfast in there each day as we only have a room only package.
I've been looking on Twitter as usual and am loving all the Coco themed decorations in Frontierland. Such a lovely film :love:

Also looking forward to seeing the cupcakes that I believe are around the park for Mickey's 90th Birthday. Always enjoy a new photo op ;)

I've had a horrible cold this week and been taking it easy. Hopefully will be back to full health in time for Monday :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter