Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually excited about this. We've managed to miss Hyperspace every time we've gone the last couple years because it's been Halloween time.

I get people being bummed though.

wonder if it will stay hyperspace though, I know it was for originally a limited time(may 4th) and SWGE opening. Id rather it go back to classic space mountain

What are the chances that ROTR will be open at some point in early October. I'm going for one day (party too) on 10/3 and just wonder if that's too soon for what everyone is "guessing" as the open date

What are the chances that ROTR will be open at some point in early October. I'm going for one day (party too) on 10/3 and just wonder if that's too soon for what everyone is "guessing" as the open date
I'd say pretty decent chance it WILL be open by then. My understanding is that the ride has been complete for a while, but they are working out bugs within the ride. I think the most recent discussion suggested that ROTR in Disneyland would open the same time Galaxy's Edge opens in WDW (which is Aug 29th). Even if its a whole month later, that would still allow you to see. Fingers crossed for you.

I'm hoping they will open Galaxy's Edge for the Haunted Mansion After Hours Event next month. No mention of it, but it wouldn't surprise me. It would be smart of them to do it.

The OC Register has published an article saying that HyperSpace will run through the Halloween Season (10/31/19).

For those with access: https://www.ocregister.com/2019/07/...sney&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

Good to know. Looks like a lot of people on here will be happy. For me, it seems like quite a bit of Star Wars at DL at once, and I do like SW, but apparently not enough...? :rolleyes2

Still, DL's SM with any theme is still better than WDW's SM ever is... :rolleyes1 (sorry.)

I actually don't like Star Wars, but really like the Hyperspace overlay. Go figure lol.

Good to know. Looks like a lot of people on here will be happy. For me, it seems like quite a bit of Star Wars at DL at once, and I do like SW, but apparently not enough...? :rolleyes2

Still, DL's SM with any theme is still better than WDW's SM ever is... :rolleyes1 (sorry.)

Could you elaborate please on why you feel this way? We'll be doing DL SM for the first time this fall, (been to WDW many times) and I'm just curious as to what differences there are between the two.

The OC Register has published an article saying that HyperSpace will run through the Halloween Season (10/31/19).

For those with access: https://www.ocregister.com/2019/07/...sney&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

Cool! I’ve never been on Hyperspace Mountain before (I went on Space Mountain 7 times during my one and only trip to DL back in 2008, it was my favorite ride there). I was bummed to hear today that ROTR wouldn’t be open in time for our October trip, but this gives me a bonus Star Wars ride to look forward to.

Could you elaborate please on why you feel this way? We'll be doing DL SM for the first time this fall, (been to WDW many times) and I'm just curious as to what differences there are between the two.

It's not actually the same ride, minus the basic theme. The DLR version was completely gutted and redone between 2003 and 2005. The track and ride vehicles are completely different and the ride is much, much smoother. There's also a music soundtrack on the DLR version, which adds a lot more than you'd think to the experience. All 3 versions have a soundtrack, just different ones. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised when you try it! :) It's a lot of fun! And to add to that, I hope you have a wonderful first trip to DLR! Fall is a perfect time to experience it for the first time!

Don't get me wrong; I still like the WDW version, too, and plan to ride it more than once when we visit in a week (yay!). I just happen to like the DLR version more.

It's not actually the same ride, minus the basic theme. The DLR version was completely gutted and redone between 2003 and 2005. The track and ride vehicles are completely different and the ride is much, much smoother. There's also a music soundtrack on the DLR version, which adds a lot more than you'd think to the experience. All 3 versions have a soundtrack, just different ones. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised when you try it! :) It's a lot of fun! And to add to that, I hope you have a wonderful first trip to DLR! Fall is a perfect time to experience it for the first time!

Don't get me wrong; I still like the WDW version, too, and plan to ride it more than once when we visit in a week (yay!). I just happen to like the DLR version more.

Thank you! Yes, we are really looking forward to this trip - it's going to be so different. I'm so excited to experience the differences in the rides that are in both DL and WDW.

Enjoy your trip to WDW next week! Next week!! Wow!! :mickeyjum

Thank you! Yes, we are really looking forward to this trip - it's going to be so different. I'm so excited to experience the differences in the rides that are in both DL and WDW.

Enjoy your trip to WDW next week! Next week!! Wow!! :mickeyjum

Thanks! We loved that, too, the first time we went to WDW. It's really interesting to compare the differences in the rides!

You sit side by side in a row of 2 instead of every one sitting single with people in front and/or behind. The DLR version is better.

I don’t like it in the ride photos at WDW where a party of two has separate ride photos because of being in different cars due to the seating arrangement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter