Halloween Time Superthread 2020: Oogie's Back!! And Other Halloween Time Information -- Please Read Post 1! (OBB DATES CANCELLED 7/24/20)

eeek We are going to Disneyland Oct 11 - 19th 2020.. We are doing 5 day hoppers and a 6th day for the halloween party plus a day at universal somewhere in the mix.. SO with that being said I called to ask if I could be contacted when party tickets go on sale because we already have a reservation for hotel/Tickets for our trip and it was a no go.. So a few questions..
1) when should I start looking for Halloween party tickets? We will want a mid week party day preferably early in the week so my kids can snack on all the candy ect during our trip..
2)What day would be best? its the same party every night that it runs correct (Unlike nighttime shows that sometimes only run on weekends)
3) Best way for 7 people to get from Camelot inn to Universal.. Uber/Lyft says 6 riders besides 2 ride share vehicles what other options are there that are cost effective?

You guys are awesome. Thanks in advance
Here is last year's Halloween Time Superthread: Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information. Look over the first page to see when OBB tickets went on sale, prices, dates, and when each party sold out. That will help you estimate when to start looking for announcements that tickets are on sale -- but be aware that Disney can change the date! Last year was the earliest I've seen Halloween Party ticket go on sale.

Here is last year's Halloween Time Superthread: Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information. Look over the first page to see when OBB tickets went on sale, prices, dates, and when each party sold out. That will help you estimate when to start looking for announcements that tickets are on sale -- but be aware that Disney can change the date! Last year was the earliest I've seen Halloween Party ticket go on sale.
great *LOL* They dont make it easy do they *LOL*

So you all. I’m here to confess that I’m a traitor. Lol. After 3 trips to Disneyland and were planning Halloween 2020 at Disneyland, we found out there were some changes eligibility to stay at shades of green, the Disney world military resort and we are eligible now. And so before the government can changes its mind we are heading to WDW for the first time this fall...

disneyland will always be my first home
Your going to have a great time. Disneyland is my home park and I did a early December tip to WDW last year(2019). Not only did it make me more excited to go back to Disneyland but I'm planning a trip in 5 years back to WDW.

I missed out on Oogie Boogies Bash last year so looking forward to it this year. Halloween time is the my favorite time at the parks.

Your going to have a great time. Disneyland is my home park and I did a early December tip to WDW last year(2019). Not only did it make me more excited to go back to Disneyland but I'm planning a trip in 5 years back to WDW.

I missed out on Oogie Boogies Bash last year so looking forward to it this year. Halloween time is the my favorite time at the parks.
Hey all! I’m baaaaccck! After I really dove into the Disney world planning , even getting so far as to make a spread sheet, I started to feel like it wasn’t the right vacation for our family right now. Right now one of our kiddos is still fairly young.. will just have turned 4 and I just wasn’t feeling it. Soo our original disneyland plans for Halloween are back!!
October 21-27th. Will deff do a Halloween party!

I go every year for my birthday trip. It's adults only. I have warned my friends who want to come with me that I will be doing the OBB. One person has said she'd go with me. The other two are still on the fence, but once tickets are released for APs, I'm getting however many I need. Once they're on for the public, it's everyone for themselves!

I'm excited for the event. I like to go on the first day I arrive when I have the most energy for all the characters and treat trails!

Hey all! I’m baaaaccck! After I really dove into the Disney world planning , even getting so far as to make a spread sheet, I started to feel like it wasn’t the right vacation for our family right now. Right now one of our kiddos is still fairly young.. will just have turned 4 and I just wasn’t feeling it. Soo our original disneyland plans for Halloween are back!!
October 21-27th. Will deff do a Halloween party!
Welcome back!! WDW is going through a ot of changes so If your only going once or every so many years it may be good to wait. When I was there in December Epcot was a mess with construction.

Are the parties typically on Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday? Or was that just last year's schedule?

We're planning a September trip (4.5 park days) with my in-laws (MIL/FIL, SIL/BIL, nephew (4) and niece (2)) along with my family of four. We either need three separate rooms or a two-bedroom suite for the in-laws to share plus a room for us. I currently have a C2 suite and an executive room booked at Desert Inn and Suites and it's hard to beat that proximity, layout (for naps, will be good to be able to put the kids down in separate rooms and still have the sitting area) and price, but I found a great senior rate at the Element opening in May ($137/night, doesn't appear they will charge resort fees) for two queen plus sofabed rooms with hot breakfast, which puts the cost on par with Desert Inn, plus they have a full kitchen. I tend to be a sucker for new hotels. I know this is the lower end Westin brand but still seems like a quality offering. I have to assume their pool will be nicer than Desert Inn. My only hesitation is the distance to the park. We did the walk from Kings Inn (which is comparable distance wise) several times in November and it was looong. With the small kids, Lyft or Uber won't be an option.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/snael-element-anaheim-resort-convention-center/
Everything else I've checked closer to the parks is either: more expensive than the Desert Inn but not appreciably better (Tropicana, Del Sol, Grand Legacy, Anaheim Hotel, Camelot, Candy Cane Inn, etc) or much more expensive, like at least 2/3rd more per night (Courtyard, BWPPI, Howard Johnson, etc). We're paying for the trip for BIL/SIL and MIL/FIL are retired on a fixed income, so I'm trying not to break the bank for accomodations.

Edited to add: It looks like the grandparents could get a 5-day reduced fare ART pass for $8.50 to save their feet and take the littlest kids with them on the bus (nephew for $5.50 for the 5 days and niece for free) and the rest of us could ride share or walk.

Last edited:
I plan to try it out! Breakfast is a plus! I look forward to hearing from other travelers once it opens. I think the walk will be more pleasant than coming from Katella

I would keep your reservations at Desert Inn & Suites. Going TO the parks is great, not a big deal because you are excited and you are well rested. Going BACK to your room, is not good because you walked so much, your feet hurt and with every step, your feet will remind you or thank you for the location you chose.

So, random question: were any of the counter service restaurants open in DCA during Oogie Boogie last year?

So, random question: were any of the counter service restaurants open in DCA during Oogie Boogie last year?
Yes, many/most of the CS places were open. Even the CC Lounge was open (not the whole time, though). It was great having lots of food choices. But there were fewer choices as the time got later, so keep that in mind.

@Vala: One date to add to the first post: the 30th Anniversary CHOC Walk will be Sunday, 9/13/20. Don't know for certain yet whether that falls during Halloween Time this year, but it's worth mentioning.

I know some despise this trend of observing holidays earlier and earlier (myself often included), but I wouldn't be upset if they were to start the first round of Halloween parties for labor day weekend. My wife and I are debating an impromptu trip! Sooo, I shall be watching this thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter