Halloween trip report part 3

diberry

DIS Veteran
Thursday 7th October

Minnie was at reception this morning in her Mexican costume. We went to Fantasyland as usual and met yet more characters – Gideon, a monkey presumably from the Jungle Book (?), Stromboli from Pinocchio who tried to make Rhiannon act like a puppet, ,Eeyore and Donald Duck. After breakfast we met more pumpkin people on Main Street including a pumpkin girl, a pumpkin baseball player,
96.jpg

the pumpkin postman, doctor
93.jpg

and a pumpkin suffragette
94.jpg

who demanded votes for pumpkins – and why not????
Then went across to the Studios where we met Goofy and Minnie. We had a look round the Studios Store which was full of Christmas stuff as Halloween isn’t celebrated there. Rhiannon decided to buy and wear some Piglet ears but strangely most Cast Members throughout the rest of our stay thought they were rabbit ears!!! Then we went to Cinemagique and on the Tram Tour. We had a ride on the Flying Carpets (!) and then watched the cinema parade. After lunch in the Restaurant en Coulisse we went to the Art of Disney Animation and to Animagique. Yet more shops and then we met Donald Duck and the Toy Story characters – the green soldier attacked Rhiannon’s ears like all the others!! We went back to the main park where we went to Phantom Manor again. Back to the hotel where we put on our wonderful green face paint and witches’ hats and rather bravely set off for an evening in the Village!! We got a lot of funny looks but some friendly interest too !! We had a couple of drinks in Billy Bob’s and watched the line dancing. We thought it would be tourists and were ready to join in but they all seemed to be locals who knew what they were doing and were all dressed up in Country & Western gear. Then went upstairs to the Tex-Mex all-you-can-eat buffet where Rhiannon did exactly that!! Some people outside were having a go at the bucking bronco which was quite amusing to watch!! Then back to the hotel shattered!

Friday 8th October

We packed and took our cases to the station left luggage lockers to save having to go back to the hotel later on. Breakfast in Fantasyland for the last time for a while and then went for a trip on the Riverboat around Halloweenland. We watched the Halloween Brass Five on the stage and then the Pumpkin Girl Clog Dancers!!
pumpkingirls.jpg

Went on Big Thunder Mountain and met some witches, one of whom decided to try to eat Rhiannon’s Piglet ears!! We also saw a little “Streetmosphere” at the Fuente del Oro Restaurant called “Who Robbed the Bank”. We met more characters near the Central Plaza particularly Gaston from Beauty and the Beast. He took Rhiannon’s Piglet ears off saying anyone who had their photo taken with him had to look beautiful!!
Then he proceeded to embarrass Rhiannon hugely by dancing with her, all the time jabbering away in rapid French. Her face says it all!!! Needless to say I found it all hilarious!!
126.jpg

Also met Jafar, Captain Hook, Demon Donald
128.jpg

and the Big Bad Wolf!!
Then across to lunch in the Lucky Nugget – yet another eat-as much-as you-can and yet again Rhiannon rose to the challenge!! Met Geppetto from Pinocchio and some penguins from we’re not quite sure where (possibly Mary Poppins?). We took the railroad all the way around the park and then went on Pirates of the Caribbean and caught part of the parade near the Castle where Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella were also watching it!
136.jpg

We went on the Snow White ride and Pinocchio again. Then across to Phantom Manor and Big Thunder Mountain. When we were making our way out of the park we came across some pumpkinmen in their car who got out and proceeded to paint the windows of a shop on Main Street with orange paint.
IM000764.jpg

Then we had to say
parksigns6.jpg

once more and went to the station to collect our cases and check in for the Eurostar. They were doing a dog-training exercise and all had to put our cases down while the dog sniffed them – luckily didn’t find anything suspect in ours!!
The thing that really sticks out for me is how fantastic the Cast Members were. Everyone without fail was friendly, helpful and, above all, fun – ready to have a joke and generally be very interactive. There were loads and loads of characters everywhere and so much going on – it really was a great trip!! We’re already counting down to our next visit

I have enjoyed reading your reports & looking at your fantastic photos. Glad to hear you had a great time:D

Thanks very much, I really enjoyed reading your reports... even though it made me long to be there even more! We even had a practice run to the airport today (supposedly to time the distance - but really just for an excitement fix!) Loved the pictures too, you look like you had a great time.

Wow, really enjoyed your trip reports. Made me even more excited than i was a minute ago. Counting down the days...:teeth: :hyper:

Thanks for the great report and the great pics! It looks like you had a vonderful time :)

Just to point out that my last post was actually made by my daughter using my name. I'm really cool:cool: and would hate to be thought to be getting over excited by our forthcoming visit to DLP in two days.......TWO DAYS WHOOOOOOOOOOO!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :

[ I'm really cool:cool:

Of <font color=red></font>COURSE you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hyper:
<marquee direction="right" align="middle" behavior="alternate">Well if you're a Disney fan it's impossible not to be cool!!!!</marquee>

Thanks for your reports, really enjoyed reading them and looking at your pics, looks like you had a great time.

I cannot wait to go at xmas, taking DD for her 4th B/day but I am much more excited than her!! Its been 10 long years since we went to WDW, and we have had many hols since but we still agree that it was our best holiday ever!! (apart from our honeymoon of course;) had to say that DH sitting here:D

I see from your countdown that our dates for going are quite close, we are going 14/17th. might see ya there:D

Am SOOOOO envious Tony Toon and family!! Have a great time - and don't forget the trip report!!!;) :wave2:

Say "hi!" supa coops if you see us on Dec 14th/15th/16th- and anyone else who recognises us from those "beautiful" pictures!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter