• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hampton Inn and Suites ????

mariamard1

Mouseketeer
We are staying here from 3/22-3/26. Anyone stay here lately? I read some good reviews on tripadvisor and a couple from the search on this site.How old is this property? How is the pool? is there a baby pool?Is the breakfast a decent selection? I have stayed at 3 differnt Hampton Inn and each was a completely different experience. One was old with moldy bathrooms but a great breakfast. The other 2 were new but one had a great breakfast and the other had cold breakfast. If this sounds like I am focusing on the breakfast, I am. We would like to fill up on breakfast and have a big lunch in the parks at 2 or 3 then have a light snack for dinner.
I hope this hotel is newere due to my little one(DD 1 1/2)has severe asthma and mold is a trigger.Thanks! -Maria :banana:

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in December. We found it to be a great value. We didn't use the pool since it was too cold, so I don't have any advice on that. The rooms were in great shape. Everything was fresh and clean, and I am very picky about this kind of stuff, especially bathrooms, so I would have noticed if it wasn't. The breakfast was great. They had sausage, eggs, biscuits and gravy, bagels, cereal, fruit, toast, yogurt, and pastries. You could definitely fill up on breakfast there. They also have indoor seating and outdoor seating on the patio, which is really nice. I think you will have a great time there.

We are thinking of staying here in Sept. How far is it to the parks? Do they have a shuttle? Previously we stayed on Habor Blvd. and just walked acroos the street. This time we'll have our car and we won't have an infant this time (our youngest is 2). The breakfast sounds good. Was it?

The hotel is about 1.5 miles from the parks. It would be pretty far to walk. They do have a complimentary shuttle that will take you to the parks. It worked out pretty well. It comes every 30 minutes I think and then the last one leaves the park something like an hour after parking closing.

The breakfast was pretty good. They also have brown bag breakfasts with cereal bar, apple, and drink you can take if you are in a hurry to get to the parks. We thought it was a great value. Also, there are coffee makers in the room, and if you enjoy Starbucks in the morning it is a very short walk over to the Hyatt, which has a Starbucks in the lobby as well as a Pizza Hut. There is a Buca di Beppo restaurant right next to the hotel with Joe's Crab Shack and Red Robin very close also. There is a Target just down the street too in case you need any goodies (we got some wine and snacks for the room).

The Hyatt is also a great place to stay but a little more expensive. It has more of a resort feel to it.

They recently changed a couple things at The Hampton Inn. I have a room booked for mid-April and noticed a couple weeks ago when browsing on their website that they don't offer the complimentary shuttle to DL anymore and parking is now $5 a day also. Since I booked before the changes, they are going to waive the parking fee but they won't do anything about the shuttle changes. ART now goes to this hotel and you have to pay for the ART passes, which is $3/day for 10 & up. Frustrating, but we would probably drive for the Early Entry day anyway and with 3 adults we're just going to drive and pay $1 more for parking. http://www.anaheimresorttransit.com/info.html

Oh, I just remembered. I asked getawaytoday about this since I booked through them and they said they offered discount ART passes at $2 per day instead of $3. But I think we'll still use our car anyway.

Thanks for the info. I'm having a hard time picking a hotel.

Oh No! Not cool about the shuttle and the parking fee! Well, that would make it harder to decide I think about whether you might want to stay closer to the park so you can walk or just stay at the Hamptonn Inn and drive to the park. Other than those new changes, this hotel was a great place to stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter