Hampton Inn-Cocoa Beach

Princess Tink

DVC Member
Has anyone stayed at the Hampton Inn at Cocoa Beach the night before? Any thoughts or inpt would be helpful.

Sorry, tried the search option but, it's been disabled.:(

We stayed there, not the night before our cruise but for three nights after, in July2002.

We were very happy with the hotel; it was clean and comfortable, and the rooms were large enough for a family of 5 or more. They also offer a nice free continental breakfast buffet that is better than most. The staff was also very pleasant and helpful; they recommended a great seafood restaurant for dinner one night...

The morning we were checking in, we noticed lots of people finishing breakfast who were filling out their cruise documents (not necessarily for DCL), so it must be popular with cruisers. We didn't use their shuttle service to/from the port, so I can't comment on that. Hope you have a great trip--

We stayed there 2 years ago and had a great experience. The desk staff remembered our names the first time after check in and always called out to us(I''m not sure if it is a good thing they remembered us or not, I didn't think we did anything strange!). At that time they also had a computer and free access to the internet. I think it was AOL. We were able to get that last habit forming trip into the DIS boards before leaving that morning. They do have a nice continental breakfast and this works well if you are saving up for that great buffet once you go aboard. We will definitely consider it if the rates are better than the Raddison. We like the rooms better at Hampton Inn but the location better at the Raddison.
Hope this helps.
Carla

We stayed there the night before and it was ok. Nothing fancy but clean and nice. The beach is a short walk away. We "surfed"on the beach but it was alittle windy. Then at night we went to Ron Jon's. My DDs really liked that.

Do they provide free parking and if so, how are the vehicles protected?

Originally posted by Dean

Do they provide free parking and if so, how are the vehicles protected?
If you book their special cruise package, then yes, they provide free parking. The lot, however is not secured.

But for that matter, the lot at the Radisson isn't particularly secured either. There's a gate at the entrance to the Radisson parking lot with an arm that goes up, but no fences or anything to keep anyone from walking into the lot.

If you're concerned about securing your vehicle, your only option is to pay for parking at the port.

We haven't stayed here, we stayed next door at the Marriott. We have reservations for June 04. They didn't have a "cruise package" set up for this time. The room is $89 plus a free breakfast. The shuttle is not included but they will set it up for you with Art's shuttle service. It is $3 per person one way. The only thing that I didn't like is that I wanted to request the shuttle earlier than the Hamptons regular pick up time. I called Art
's directly and they told me they couldn't come any earlier.

I ended up choosing this hotel because they were very nice and helpful. Many of the others acted as if I was bothering them because I was looking so early. I was inquiring in August 03 for June 04.

Also, last year we paid $99 for the room and shuttle and did breakfast on our own for $20. The Hampton ends up being cheaper for us (there are 3).

Now maybe I was looking a bit early for good deals, but everyone one else seemed to be pretty high for what we want. For us, being very close to the beach and having a shuttle service available are important.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter