Hampton Inn Maingate West

Tooth Fairy

DIS Veteran
Tell me what you know! How close to WDW? Good rates you've gotten and when. Traveling with DH and 7 year old twins! Many Thanks!!!

board there are two great reviews right now on those that have stayed at this property; with one just recently returning.

They said they enjoyed their stays a lot and it was a good deal to be had. One had mentioned more amenities/nicer room at less than what they got at AllStars. The thread is titled "Offsite hotel nice and reasonable too!" (or something close to that effect).

I have never stayed here but I have booked a hotel nearby off this same street numerous years in August and have passed the Hampton Maingate West many times (was nearby most recently last summer). The property has always looked very nice along with well kept when riding by and also when I have eaten at restaurants that are close.

Also, it seems like with most hotels on this street and surrounding, this place has a lot of business with many families staying there. They are 1 and a half miles to the maingate; literally speaking right up the road from Disney.

Our hotel Howard Johson is like 3 and we always arrive at M.K. and other park maingates within 5-10 min flat after getting into the car. So, I imagine it will take you even less than that.

Hope this helps; enjoy.

Tooth Fairy,

We just returned from 8 nights at the Hampton Inn Maingate West last week! I hope to write a trip report in a day or so when I get rested up- my job in the 'real world' had me bogged down from the moment we returned last Tuesday night : (

ANYway, I digress ...

We could not have been happier with lodging. It literally is 1.5 miles from the WDW exit. EASY to get to all the parks from there. It took us 7 minutes from the time we left the hotel to get through the 'toll booth' at MK, the Studios, and Epcot. (Didn't do AK). Some construction is still going on on Hwy 192, but NOTHING like last year. DW and I agreed that if it progresses accordingly, the roads LOOK as if construction should be completed by this time next year. It's much easier this year than last to navigate.

Amenities: Hair dryer, coffee maker (6 cup), iron and ironing board, microwave and 'Microfridge' refrigerator all in-room. Don't let the name fool you- the 'frig is larger than most I've seen ... still, the freezer section is tiny. Plenty of room for lots of snacks, cheese dip, salsa, cokes, water bottles, etc.
Also a clock-radio and great TV (if you even have time to watch it!!)

There is a full continental breakfast served every morning in the lobby/dining area. It consists of 4 cereals:Raisin-Bran, Frosted Flakes, Cheerios, and a Fruity Pebbles-like cereal. Also, flavored yogurt in the plastic containers, bananas, oranges, apples, and Krispy-Kreme donuts of ALL kinds. (I saw the lady with the donut box in-hand place them on the bar!) If THAT'S not enough, there are about 4 other types of pastries plus that instant oatmeal in the self-serve single packages. Drinks include coffee, apple juice, orange juice, and grapefruit juice

The rate I was quoted (online) was $79/night. I've seen others on this board get lower rates, but that may have been during off-peak season. We were there June 11-19. One word of caution if you book online: be CAREFUL! In an earlier post several weeks ago (under "Online Booking Woes") I chronicled a lengthy story about how I'd booked the hotel several months ago, reconfirmed 2 weeks before I left and they showed NO record of the reservation!) Short solution to that problem - CALL them directly to book!

My wife told me as we were leaving the parking lot for the last time that she would definitely stay there again, and so would I!

Enjoy your trip!

robin-

Thank you SO much! Everything turned out wonderfully :)

..I didn't know if I'd 'see' you once I returned, but I'm glad you posted! It was funny, 'cause I was hoping to bump into one of the people that I had posted about earlier (in connection with the hotel) - they weren't wearing name tags, but I'm POSITIVE they knew who *I* was! ;)

One thing I didn't mention- housekeeping staff was especially courteous, down to the executive housekeeper checking with me about my wife (I had to bring her back from Epcot one day 'cause she had some kind of 24 hr. bug) Anyway, the exec. housekeeper offered some antacid and other medication if we needed it. Thank you, Mary!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter