Handicap Restrooms

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Not just women, but men.
2) I was at the Whispering Canyon men's room last week.
3) The handicap stall was locked, and I could not enter.
4) I knocked on the door and said very loudly, "I hope you are handicapped, because I sure as heck am !!!"
5) Being in wheelchair, I could not use another stall.
6) When this middle-aged guy walked out, I said in a loud voice, "PRAISE GOD, IT IS A MIRACLE. HE HAS BEEN HEALED!"
7) After I was done, I rolled my chair past his table, and announced to his group that I was so happy his handicap is now cured!
8) Yes, I got a dirty look from him as I explained my comment to his table, but I did not care !!!
9) Some people are just so rude by using handicapped stalls when true handicapped people cannot.

NOTE: Some people have said they want their kid with them. Well, a rude reason and not an excuse the ADA recognizes. Let's have some courtesy for those that truly need the enlarged stall.

1) true.
2) not important
3) that means someone else was using it before you got there.
4) rude. Knocking once to make sure that there is actually someone in there is fine, doors sometimes get locked behind guests but it is never appropriate to say anything like you claim to have said.
5) fair enough, but you still need to wait your turn.
6) who cares the age of the person using the washroom before you and who cares if he is able to walk.
7) rude rude rude. If you had come up to my table and starting talking like this I would politely ask you to leave and then move on to asking not so politely and then move on to making you leave. Being in a wheelchair is no excuse for being a jerk.
8) you deserved every second of that dirty look, and more.
9) Yes, some people are just so rude...especially those who feel the need to police who can or cannot use larger stalls in the washroom.

NOTE: Larger stalls are NOT legislated as to who can or cannot use them so the ADA has no bearing on this discussion. The only legislation about them relates to their construction, NOT their use.

As opposed to a HC parking spot where it is an official designation and it is against the law to use it, larger washroom stalls are not officially designated as such and so anyone can use them.

I am stunned at the posters saying that a young mother with her children using the H stall is rude or unreasonable.
The majority of H stalls I use also are set up to change a child with privacy. Maybe this is not the case in the men's room??
Not only does the parent/child deserve the privacy to take care of their personal business, but those waiting in line may not wish to witness or inhale a messy diaper change!
When I had three little ones, I would wait for the H stall to roll their stroller in with me for their safety. To leave toddlers unattended in a restroom is completely irresponsible.

4) I knocked on the door and said very loudly, "I hope you are handicapped, because I sure as heck am !!!"
6) When this middle-aged guy walked out, I said in a loud voice, "PRAISE GOD, IT IS A MIRACLE. HE HAS BEEN HEALED!"
7) After I was done, I rolled my chair past his table, and announced to his group that I was so happy his handicap is now cured!
8) Yes, I got a dirty look from him as I explained my comment to his table, but I did not care !!!
9) Some people are just so rude by using handicapped stalls when true handicapped people cannot.

NOTE: Some people have said they want their kid with them. Well, a rude reason and not an excuse the ADA recognizes. Let's have some courtesy for those that truly need the enlarged stall.

The ADA doesn't recognize the exclusivity of the handicapped stall either, so what exactly is your point?

I went to a seminar many years ago put on by a team from the federal government, and the keynote speaker discussed how disability accommodations often end up being a boon for others...her examples were ramps and curb cuts. Yes, they were initially there to make locations accessible for those in wheelchairs, but they provide a benefit for the non-disabled as well, and none of us would want to see them go away.

Same with handicapped bathroom stalls - the fact that so many of them have changing tables inside indicate that they are no more for the exclusive use of the handicapped than ramps and curb cuts are.

Oh, and if you had come to my table and embarrassed anyone in my family the way you claim to have done with the gentleman in the restroom, you would have been wheeling around with a plate of hot food in your lap. Oops, my bad!

Do I have this right...based on another of your recent posts, no one had better dare question whether or not you have a disability and, if they do, you're perfectly fine with physically assaulting them. However, you've deemed yourself judge, jury and executioner regarding whether or not someone has a "right" to use the HC accessible stall and, if they don't fit your definition of who has that right, it's perfectly acceptable for you to first embarrass them in the restroom and then find the table they're sitting at with their family so you can continue the embarrassment (which is really harassment at this point).

Yes, some people really are rude but it's not those you think. You may want to look in the mirror.

If you had done that to me or anyone in my party, I would have reported you to every known authority for harassment. Don't you claim to work at WDW? I sincerely hope that neither the situation nor your employment status are true. That is appalling behavior.

If you had done that to me or anyone in my party, I would have reported you to every known authority for harassment. Don't you claim to work at WDW? I sincerely hope that neither the situation nor your employment status are true. That is appalling behavior.
On the off-chance that it is true, that post & some other posts indicating location of employment have been printed out/screencaptured and are being sent via email & snail mail to Guest Relations tomorrow. WDW needs to know that it is employing CMs who harass guests in the bathroom.

On the off-chance that it is true, that post & some other posts indicating location of employment have been printed out/screencaptured and are being sent via email & snail mail to Guest Relations tomorrow. WDW needs to know that it is employing CMs who harass guests in the bathroom.

He has said a number of times that he is/was a CM I think he works/ed at the fort concierge desk. I am not sure if he still works for Disney because he was in a bad car accident a few months ago and can not work right now ( or for a while). not only did he post this but also posted that someone said something to him about being in an ECV he let thein front of him and then went on to run into them on purpuse. I understand saying something not nice because you are frustrated at something, but then he had to go on and say something to the person at his table then come on here and post what he did.

He has said a number of times that he is/was a CM I think he works/ed at the fort concierge desk. I am not sure if he still works for Disney because he was in a bad car accident a few months ago and can not work right now ( or for a while). not only did he post this but also posted that someone said something to him about being in an ECV he let thein front of him and then went on to run into them on purpuse. I understand saying something not nice because you are frustrated at something, but then he had to go on and say something to the person at his table then come on here and post what he did.
How awful, and how dangerous to guests. I was able to find that post & have added it.

He also volunteers are GKTW, I bet they would not be too happy to read things he has posted here...

He also volunteers are GKTW, I bet they would not be too happy to read things he has posted here...
oh yes, that is right, his behavior is making me just sick,

How awful, and how dangerous to guests. I was able to find that post & have added it.

let us know what Disney says, I have a feeling they can not do much since he was not working and the guest did not complain but I have seen other get in trouble for things they have posted on social media so how knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts