Handsanitizer discussion on today's podcast

I completely get you. I am sorry you have so much to deal with, both me and DH have good life circumstances but both suffer with depression ( I am unable to work because of it) and your phrase about the trip getting you through life rang so true with me. I have used this trip as a crutch for the past year.
Hopefully this will all blow over and we both get our trip. Wishing you all the best.
And to you too. It is a horribly difficult situation.

And to you too. It is a horribly difficult situation.
@DrunkJam - I am so sorry for all you are/have/will be going through. I know that, in actuality, does not change anything, but please know I care, and am sending you virtual hugs. If you decide to go, I hope you have a magical time. If you decide not to go, I hope you will find peace in the decision quickly, and hopefully something else might open up for you. Whichever it turns out to be, please know others care. And in any case, I wish you a loving, happy 10 year anniversary.

@DrunkJam - I am so sorry for all you are/have/will be going through. I know that, in actuality, does not change anything, but please know I care, and am sending you virtual hugs. If you decide to go, I hope you have a magical time. If you decide not to go, I hope you will find peace in the decision quickly, and hopefully something else might open up for you. Whichever it turns out to be, please know others care. And in any case, I wish you a loving, happy 10 year anniversary.
Thank you so much for this, please know it really helps. I KNOW most people will be well. I KNOW it's important not to panic, but, it's very lonely when your family IS the top most at risk link.
It's selfish of me, who is, for the most part, and as far as we know, very healthy, to be upset over missing a holiday, but, when you pin all your exhaustion on to making it to an end point, a rest stop, and that gets taken away, it's hard to see where the energy can come from.

Thank you so much for this, please know it really helps. I KNOW most people will be well. I KNOW it's important not to panic, but, it's very lonely when your family IS the top most at risk link.
It's selfish of me, who is, for the most part, and as far as we know, very healthy, to be upset over missing a holiday, but, when you pin all your exhaustion on to making it to an end point, a rest stop, and that gets taken away, it's hard to see where the energy can come from.
Totally understandable, no need to apologize, and you are not selfish at all. I get it., believe me, more than you know And again, hugs, and understanding. I'm just glad we all have this safe space to be here for each other. Even though times when it's most needed are sometimes sad, it never fails to make me smile, and warm my heart when we CAN be there for each other.

No I completely get it and understand. Disney is not just a holiday, it's an escape from real life. I'm totally with you on that. You will get back there I'm sure! I am focusing on the fun I will have reorganizing another trip, what I could do differently, maybe something new will be open when we do make it. I mean i am still angry and disappointed but I'm really trying to see a positive.
One thing that has helped me, i dont know if it will help you is I'm viewing the extra time as extra saving time, i am still saving money for the trip so I have 'awarded' myself a special experience for when we rebook. Atm I think it will be either takumi tei or v and a. Maybe gift yourself something you would never pay for.

Totally understandable, no need to apologize, and you are not selfish at all. I get it., believe me, more than you know And again, hugs, and understanding. I'm just glad we all have this safe space to be here for each other. Even though times when it's most needed are sometimes sad, it never fails to make me smile, and warm my heart when we CAN be there for each other.
Yea because everyone I've told gives me a sympathetic 'aww that sucks that you'll have to cancel your holiday'
It's not a holiday, it's a break from life (I have a great husband so my home life is fab but I suffer from mental illness daily and disney really cuts through that)
I had someone today say that they may have to cancel their holiday to Zante.
😐😐😐😐 I did not feel that it was comparable 🤣

One thing that has helped me, i dont know if it will help you is I'm viewing the extra time as extra saving time, i am still saving money for the trip so I have 'awarded' myself a special experience for when we rebook. Atm I think it will be either takumi tei or v and a. Maybe gift yourself something you would never pay for.

We decided that whenever we go on our postponed trip, we’re going to change our Garden View CL room at the Poly to Theme Park View. It’s something to look forward to in such a dark time. Every time I see the white box on the table with our magic bands I start wanting to cry.

I want to laugh to keep from crying though because on our very first Poly stay, the last time gf went with me, I got sick halfway through the trip and was laid up in the room. I can’t win.

'Every time I see the white box on the table with our magic bands I start wanting to cry. '

We paid for the upgraded magic bands, being from the UK I cant imagine we will see them or a refund 😕😕😕

Sorry I haven't quite grasped the quoting parts of comments.

'Every time I see the white box on the table with our magic bands I start wanting to cry. '

We paid for the upgraded magic bands, being from the UK I cant imagine we will see them or a refund 😕😕😕

Sorry I haven't quite grasped the quoting parts of comments.
I also paid for upgraded Magic Band. I won't see it, and refund may be unlikely too!

This was a very specific trip, and I cannot rebook.
I think, if you can, doing the dream upgrades and events is a wonderful idea.
I really hope you get, look forward to and enjoy the new trip!
Im sorry to hear that. I hope that you can find something as a break and something to treat yourself to or look forward to very soon!!!!!! Even if it's just a pamper or shopping or binge buying disney pins from ebay.

Soap and water kills the virus. Also, from what I understand, Purell type cleaners on only good on bacteria, not virus? Sorry for those having to cancel their trips. We might have to cancel ours, too (late April).

Soap and water kills the virus. Also, from what I understand, Purell type cleaners on only good on bacteria, not virus? Sorry for those having to cancel their trips. We might have to cancel ours, too (late April).
Not true, it works on viruses as well. Look at the bottle.

Soap and water is still the best for Coronavirus, but sanitizer is still very helpful against it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter