Hangar One vodka at WDW

wildernesslodgelover

<font color=darkorchid>LOTW charter member!<br><fo
Hello! One thing I LOVE about going to Disney is hanging out at the resorts and having a cocktail (or two, or three...) While at Jiko last year, we were talking to the bartender in the small bar area inside the restaurant. He gave me a tiny sample of Hangar One vodka and now I am hooked! The rest of the trip I had "Hangar One Dirty Martinis." When I got home, I started looking into this brand and found I was having a hard time locating it. Very few restaurants carry it, and not too many liquor stores, either. A friend gave me a bottle as a gift recently, but I decided now that that will be my "WDW brand" of vodka and I will treat myself there.

Just wanted to share this with any other vodka afficianados!!!

DH and I are vodka loving snobs. We have gotten so bad (and picky) that we now bring ours with us to enjoy througout our stay!
:drinking1

why is it so good? I love stoli and greygoose!

hookedup-So what vodka do you prefer? Have you ever tried the
Hangar One? It is a "boutique" vodka out of california.

CrisThe gal who bought it for me as a gift bought herself a bottle as well. her and her DH are big time Grey Goose drinkers. They agreed this was much smoother. She waid the lady at the liquor store where she bought it said it was better that Grey Goose. Of course, everything is a matter of taste, but you definitely should try it!

I wonder were I can find it, I went onto there site and it is not available in Ohio.

Well, I think you can have it shipped to ya, but why not wait til you go to WDW next time??? Make it special! :)

Dh loves Grey Goose 'dirty' martini's. Swears by them! I'll have to take him to try the Hanger One and see what he thinks! For the poster asking about a dirty martini; for my dh that means vodka and olive juice....nothing else.

Originally posted by wildernesslodgelover
hookedup-So what vodka do you prefer? Have you ever tried the
Hangar One? It is a "boutique" vodka out of california.

I have not tried it but I have heard of it.

Lately we have been drinking Vox.

I also like Ketel One and Grey Goose - our local Costco carries both of them so that is what we usually get for traveling.

I hate paying too much for Vodka when I travel and I hate drinking cheap Vodka so bringing some along proves to be the most cost effective - and we have some awesome cocktails in our room too! LOL!

:drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking:

Hey, I wanna party with YOU, hookedup! You are most definitely HOOKED UP! LOL!

mmmm, dirty martinis...Samsam, I always thought when you ask for a dirty martini they make a regular martini (meaning a whisper of vermouth added to the vodka) and then add the olive juice. But I know a lot of people do not want any vermouth at all...I guess that would be "extra dry" (with no vermouth.)

I always ask for mine extra dirty...FILTHY! LOL!

You know, there is a funny saying about martinis..that if you are ever lost in the woods you should immediately begin mixing a martini...4 or 5 people will come out of the bushes and trees to tell you that you are doing it wrong! LOL!

People are very particular about their martinis...

Although I have never tasted HangerOne (I will when I get there over Thanksgiving), we found one that we really enjoy. It is called Cirac, and it is distilled 5 times from grapes, has a nice but not overpowering fruity taste. To quote the movie Old School " It taste so good when it hits my lips ".

I might just have to have one or two when I get home tonight.

Tom

B&R's dad-

LOVE your name!

I will try Cirac next time I get out! And please share your opinion of Hangar One when you get back! Have a great trip!

yall are making me thirsty LOL!! I know this is off subject but has anyone at the Banfi Rosa Regale in Italy at Epcot??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter