Happily Ever After Dessert Party Solo

jsmla

DIS Veteran
Has anyone done this as a solo? DH is not a fan of fireworks, especially if it involves crowds or spending $$. I, on the other hand, would love to see the new show. I've booked the Plaza Garden Viewing party for my September solo trip but am getting cold feet.

Will I be assigned to a table full of other people? I'm very introverted and have zero desire to join in to a happy family party all by my lonesome.

Thanks!

I have a reservation to do it solo in a couple of weeks. I probably fall right in the middle of introvert/extrovert, and I have no qualms about going it alone.

I did it the second and fourth nights of the first week of Happily Ever After while there solo for a business conference (first time in Tomorrowland Terrace seating, second time at the Plaza viewing garden). While Tomorrowland Terrace afforded me a private table, I preferred the garden viewing area given the projections are such a big part of HEE. I also wasn't the only solo one there on either night - as many threads suggest the desserts are beverages are OK...what you are really paying for is that special access to the parade viewing.

Thanks for the replies!

I did it the second and fourth nights of the first week of Happily Ever After while there solo for a business conference (first time in Tomorrowland Terrace seating, second time at the Plaza viewing garden). While Tomorrowland Terrace afforded me a private table, I preferred the garden viewing area given the projections are such a big part of HEE. I also wasn't the only solo one there on either night - as many threads suggest the desserts are beverages are OK...what you are really paying for is that special access to the parade viewing.

When you did the Plaza Garden party how did the seating at TT work? Is it seat yourself?

Hi there! At either option you check in at a podium and a host or hostess seats you at your own table (Terrace seating is the lower area and will have a small table with a little card that says "reserved.") With Plaza viewing about 30 mins before the show they will start walking you over to the viewing area. With Terrace seating you stay at that table the whole time.

Yes I received my own table as well.. Also not sure if its all the time but the Garden area was not crowded at all most people where sitting with their feet out because there was plenty of room. So that was a plus not being crowded

I'm doing it solo last week in September too! Just got it so I would get a really good view (fingers crossed for dry weather too) but the sweets are a bonus!

I haven't done this solo, but don't think it'd be uncomfortable to do by yourself. When we did it, we sat where we wanted (not the reserved section) and I think we even changed tables a few times. Mostly because we had the entire mezzanine level to ourselves (the lower level was crowded with the Terrace Party guests and most of the Plaza Garden guests went to the upper level). So you could find either a busy or quiet section. The plaza garden viewing area usually isn't crowded at all - agree with the earlier comments that you can sit and stretch out no problem. And no one will notice when you go back for seconds (or sevenths) for that tiramisu dessert. I'm just saying they're addictive.

I did the Star Wars dessert party solo an it was fine. Chatted with a few people, meet some characters, and never felt weird or out of place.

I've been thinking of doing this in April for my solo trip!
And I'm also an huge introvert so I'm happy to read that you get your own table!

I have done the Dessert Party at the TT and I don't think doing it solo is a problem at all. The attention is really on the fireworks show and the desserts--I don't think most people would even realize that you are solo.

Last August, I did the dessert party with Tomorrow Land Terrace setting solo. I had a table by myself and enjoyed the selection of desserts and drinks before the Fireworks. I was not uncomfortable sitting alone waiting for the Fireworks and it was a bonus not fighting the crowds for a spot. Sometimes, I do get uncomfortable at table service restaurants dining solo, but the dessert party was a nice experience and cast members did not make a "big" deal of seating a party of one. Hope this helps with your decision.

I did the garden viewing solo during Mickey's Christmas party. It was so worth it for me. Honestly, i wasn't in it for the desserts, it was just so awesome to be able to enjoy the fireworks and castle show without being shoulder to shoulder with people. I'll be doing it for my next solo trip in April.

I'm looking at doing the Frozen dessert party at Epcot solo in May (if they still offer it then, I know you can only book March at the moment). I have also been worried about how it will be, but I think this thread has been very reassuring. I have done the Wishes dessert party with Tomorrowland Terrace seating with my OH previously and really enjoyed it. I honestly don't remember what sized parties were around us, so that also makes me think that no one really cares if you're on your own? I don't know why, but I have no hesitations booking TS meals solo, just the dessert party is troubling me a bit.

Has anyone done this as a solo? DH is not a fan of fireworks, especially if it involves crowds or spending $$. I, on the other hand, would love to see the new show. I've booked the Plaza Garden Viewing party for my September solo trip but am getting cold feet.

Will I be assigned to a table full of other people? I'm very introverted and have zero desire to join in to a happy family party all by my lonesome.

Thanks!
I just went and booked this for my solo trip in March!

I wanted to try it for the Star Wars fireworks ... is the view worth it?
The first time I did the Star Wars dessert party the view (in the center of the plaza) was great for the fireworks. This time, they had the preferred viewing area where the hat used to be (raised area right in front) and the view was great for the show that is projected on the face of the theater, but not good for the fireworks as most were off-center of the theater, to the right and the view was blocked by a palm tree and the right side of the theater wall. A little disappointing.

I've done the Star Wars dessert party with friends (great view and it included boozy drinks, woo!), and the Happily Ever After dessert party solo, with the Plaza Garden reserved viewing... AWESOME experience, the cast members were fantastic, the desserts were nommy, and the viewing section was perfect. Highly recommend!

I'm very seriously considering doing the Epcot dessert party for my next solo trip, coming up in May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!