Happily Ever After Fireworks

southpawcaptures

Earning My Ears

How'd you get the shots from the water - were you on one of the fireworks cruises?

I've got the entry Canon 70-300mm but I've never gotten any detail like that when shooting from my poly balcony.

thanks for all the compliments. much appreciated.

Originally I was going to shoot from the Poly but walked down by the Ferry landing area. they pump in the music too

Yes. I photographed at 300mm and a little "disney" magic to help edit the photos.

I've got the entry Canon 70-300mm but I've never gotten any detail like that when shooting from my poly balcony.
Can I assume you were using a tripod? Also be sure if your lens has an image stabilization system, you turn it off. I would shoot around f/11.

I've shot from the Poly beach and from the TTC and done pretty well. My worst result was the time I forgot to turn off the IS on the lens.

Can I assume you were using a tripod? Also be sure if your lens has an image stabilization system, you turn it off. I would shoot around f/11.

I've shot from the Poly beach and from the TTC and done pretty well. My worst result was the time I forgot to turn off the IS on the lens.

It's not so much the "sharpness" - my pictures don't look that "close". I'm wondering now if those images were cropped/scaled (and if I could do the same - but I'll say mine probably aren't that sharp though as they were all handheld.

On a somewhat related tangent I WILL say that the 6D2's new sensor grabbed some fantastic handheld shots of the castle with the lights.

It's not so much the "sharpness" - my pictures don't look that "close". I'm wondering now if those images were cropped/scaled (and if I could do the same - but I'll say mine probably aren't that sharp though as they were all handheld.

On a somewhat related tangent I WILL say that the 6D2's new sensor grabbed some fantastic handheld shots of the castle with the lights.
I can't imagine they didn't require some cropping. And I imagine a tripod would have made a difference for you at that distance.

Jealous of the 6D2! Loving my 6D still but would love to see what the mark 2 brought to the table!

I can't imagine they didn't require some cropping. And I imagine a tripod would have made a difference for you at that distance.

Yes. Most definitely a tripod and no IS. some cropping on the closeups, but the fireworks take up alot of the sky. I also used a shutter release so I didn't have to touch the camera.

This was my first attempt at shooting from the Ferry Landing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter