Hard Rock Blues!

tiggerguy2000

Disney Veteran<br><font color=green>Isn't worried
MY FIRST DAY,
Arriving at the hard rock was very exciting and what a view. When i checked in everybody seemed nice. The young lady from somewhere in the middle east did not speak english to good. She gave me a garden view room instead of pool view.When i went back the next guy gave me a room that was very dirty and sheets had you know what on them and i have 3 daughters( NOT A GOOD SITE). The 3rd time down i expressed my view of the service of the hard rock in a professional manner. At this point you would think they would want to make sure i was comfortable with my stay but they just gave me another room without checking room,giving me a room that they new was good or upgrading me. Well 3 is not the charm, I got the corner room with a view of a wall and trees blocking my view that i paid extra for. On my return home i contacted hard rocks mgr and let him know that motel 8 had better service and was unhappy about paying good money shaddy service. They called me back and offerd me a 2 night (garden view room) if i wanted to give them another chance. I still have a bad taste because they offered me half the nights and a down grade on my room. On my return to the hard rock i will be letting them know that this is a comp visit for the bad service and will be looking for a upgrade .
P.S. I Know my luck stinks but Disney service has allways been GREAT!
UNHAPPY ROCKER

After the 2nd try you should demanded to speak to the manager and let them know that you are willing to wait for a better room to become available.

What I've seen happen at both HRH and Disney Resorts is that they will try to put you in the next available room no matter what it is.

Say to the manager that you are willing to put your luggage into storage and wait until a better room is ready or you are willing to settle with the room they gave you for just the first night but you want to be moved to a better room tomorrow. They will accomodate these types of requests.

If they keep moving you around to rooms that do not match your preferences, the odds are one is not ready at the time you are checking in. For example, on my last stay, I checked in at 3pm and they gave me a smoking room. I went to complain, they gave me another room with a strong smoke odor in it. After that I spoke with the manager and he conceded that they did not have a non-smoking pool view room ready right now. I offered to put my luggage into storage and wait till later to get access to the room. We went to the park and came back around 9pm and the right room was waiting for us.

I also had difficulties at HRH. Thought I was getting a pool view and I did not. But we did make the best of it. Over at the Boardwalk at Disney, they took over 25 minutes to check me in. The girl also could not speak English well or know how to operate a computer. She apologize profusely and said that we were to get a upgrade. Some upgrade, they put us right next to the elevator which I heard go up and down all night. The next day I requested a move but I had to pack, put all my luggage with valet, pay an additional 2 tips just to get a good nights sleep.

I guess we have to take all these things in stride. It was easier for me to swallow the problem at HRH paying $150 a night. At BWV we were paying well over $250 a night. I find that inexcusable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter