Hardest DVC Rooms to Get?

Whositsgalore

Nap Aficionado
What would you say is the hardest DVC rooms to book at 11 months & 7 months during, let's say, October, November (not Thanksgiving week) & February.

I tried to choose less common months when schools weren't out for Christmas, summer and spring break weeks.

11 months: all AKV Club, Value
BWV Standard
BLT Standard

This really applies year round. Expect none of these at 7 months ever.

Fall Frenzy covers your fall dates, so, really, most studios will be gone at 7 months save at the big 3. BWV and BCV are very hard for studios outside home rwsort.

Do not assume October and November are low season. For DVC they are not.

February is, save for Princess weekend.

But 7 months is getting harder year round.

What would you say is the hardest DVC rooms to book at 11 months & 7 months during, let's say, October, November (not Thanksgiving week) & February.

I tried to choose less common months when schools weren't out for Christmas, summer and spring break weeks.
October is probably the highest demand month for DVC. Demand for DVC doesn’t track with school calendars or regular theme park crowds.

The 5 club level rooms at AKV will always be the most difficult, with the 18 value studios not far behind. During October, the standard studios at BWV will be booked within hours of the home resort window opening.

Basically Oct through early Jan is toughest time to book DVC....F&W, MNSSHP, MVMCP, Jersey week, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's and then the Run Disney marathon.

Studios go first. And lower point views go first (like AKV value, BWV standard, BLT standard). Basically folks like to use as less points as possible due to high costs to buy DVC (many buy small contracts). Then AKV club level is tough due to there only being a handful of rooms. And next, OKW HH section and OKW grand villas (as they are the cheapest point GVs) can be tough but not as bad as other stuff I previously mentioned.

While I am at it...HHI and VB are tough to book in the summer months and also holidays.
I don't know anything about west coast DVC as I have never tried to book those.

Also should mention...the resorts that have all lock-offs, like BWV, will also have 2BR be tough to get because when folks book up all the studios that takes the 2BR lock-offs out of the inventory and leaves all 1BRs.

Grand Californian. I had a waitlist come through for Jan, and my mom WENT AND CANCELLED IT ON ME! Who does that?!?!? That's okay, I added more Florida days instead. But I am sad to not get to Disneyland one last time before Galaxy opens.

Where are the dvc 2br at Kidani located?
( I’ve stayed twice at a 2br yet for the life of me can’t recall the floor...)

Can anyone tell me what dvc’s have 2
bathrooms? Those would be 2 br units that have 2 bathrooms... is that correct? Any other set ups?

I’m debating ...on a surprise for family but we must have 2 bathrooms .. at least 1 br, though at worse a studio type... do they have an xtra bathroom??

Last edited:
In my experience it’s been within minutes that BWV standard studios fill up during October
Last year, Oct 2017, SIL and I went to book together. She owns AKV and we wanted 2 club level studios for 2 nights. I own BWV and wanted 2 standard view studios for 4 nights. We did AKV first for the first 2 nights...we had two laptops up to her membership on 2 different browsers. And....we got zero rooms. They were gone when we both hit enter at 8am. So we went with 2 standard view studios for 3 nights. Then 3 days later I went on to book the BWV and I was lucky to get 2 standard views but before that hour was up, 8-9am before MS opens for calling in to book, they were gone. The year before, I went to book for just DH and I in a standard view studio for F&W and waited like 2 days into the 11 month window and they were gone so we had to get P/G view.

The hardest is AKV Club rooms. I think they are impossible to get. I tried to get them exactly at 8AM and they were already booked for 5 days previous, which is impossible. Once friend wanted to waitlist it and amazing she got it for 2 nights. Only time I stayed there was on cash.

Every other property I have gotten except never tried Grand Floridian (yet).

VGC is tough outside home resort year round. Too small.
It always seems like VGC is open right up until 7 months and then fills up immediately. It never looks like a problem for home resort owners.
Where are the dvc 2br at Kidani located?
( I’ve stayed twice at a 2br yet for the life of me can’t recall the floor...)

Can anyone tell me what dvc’s have 2
bathrooms? Those would be 2 br units that have 2 bathrooms... is that correct? Any other set ups?

I’m debating ...on a surprise for family but we must have 2 bathrooms .. at least 1 br, though at worse a studio type... do they have an xtra bathroom??
All 2bd have at least two bathrooms. BLT and Kidani have 3 bathrooms. At Kidani, the 2bd units are throughout the resort; same as other resorts.

So you can’t see well from there. Are they too high?
Too high and the roof line hangs down to block part of the view.

Now that people can walk a reservation on line without waiting for MS to open, I expect that many of these hard to book rooms will not even be available at the 11 month mark during peak times, e.g. BWV standard throughout fall frenzy. If you want to book then, I wouldn't be surprised if walking is the only way to score one of these rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter