Hardest studios to book at 11 months

MickeyWaffles

DIS Veteran
We own direct at SSR. It’s a good amount of points and typically book a grand villa for our “big” trips with extended family.

We are considering adding on a small resale contract so we can have an 11 month window to go on shorter trips (just our family) in between the big family trips. So, we’d be booking a studio (most likely).

What are the traditionally hardest studios to book at 11 months? I would want to avoid these resorts. I am not interested in buying resale somewhere where we have to walk at 11 months.

What resorts (besides SSR where we already own) would you recommend with pretty consistent studio availability at 11 months?

Standard Studios at Boardwalk can be hard to book at 11 months. I was unable to for September 2020. I've also heard Grand Floridian is hard.

I've had no issue with AKL at 11 months (except for the value rooms so just don't count on getting those)

I’ve been checking 11-month and 7-month availability daily for a little over a year now. I don’t have a record of it like Pete did but I just wanted to get a view for myself. It also depends on time of year. The following studios are gone pretty much immediately at 11 months…

AKV Value and Concierge any time of the year.

BWV (especially Standard) and Beach Club during F&W Festival, September – November.

Copper Creek during late November – Christmas. Boulder Ridge during the same Christmas time of year is almost as difficult.

During the high demand Fall Season (Late Sept – Early November), these are usually gone quickly as well: BLT Standard, GFV, CCV, BWV, BCV, BRV.

I didn’t track the Non-WDW resorts very much, but studios are always difficult to get at GCV and during the summer at HHI.

Honestly, if you think you will be happy with ONLY studios, Poly would be your best bet. With the resort being all studios, the availability is decent. However, the number of points it costs per night is a bit higher. Some good deals have been passing through ROFR right now though.

Even through the fall and early December booking time, including the walking, I always saw garden view at 11 months at BWV, LV at BLT, Poly, and AKV.

Not all view types, but something. At VGF, they went pretty fast, but some days, LV was there for about 10 minutes

I was checking right at 8 am, and by 9 am, some of those places were gone.

I think given the number at Poly, and the number of choices at both BLT and BWV, those are good choices if you don’t care to get the cheap views. Or, go with AKV as that is a large resort

Depends on when you go of course. VGF - early december - YIKES!
I outright gave up as an owner there.
Other times its not an issue in the slightest.

Depends on when you go of course. VGF - early december - YIKES!
I outright gave up as an owner there.
Other times its not an issue in the slightest.
No fooling about VGF. I did change my vacation to November there , instead of December next year and was able to get a studio!

No fooling about VGF. I did change my vacation to November there , instead of December next year and was able to get a studio!
yep, and my intent was week 48 or 49 there. Had I known then....I would have gotten a fixed week.
Instead I just bought Boulder Ridge, which is just as good (if not better) at Christmas :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter