Harry Potter in one day?

Holmes1907

Earning My Ears
I want to surprise my daughter with a visit to Universal. She has been begging for forever to visit Harry Potter. She a senior in high school, top 10% in her class. My husband and I thought it would be a great surprise. It will be just she and I for this trip. I'm not a parks person. We have gone on three Disney cruises. My schedule is open, I would appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance.

You are a great mom!
Take a look at the park maps at www.universalorlando.com

Know in advance which way to walk to reach the potter sections
There are one in each park.

Check out the stickies at the top of this UO section.

When you have other questions, let us know as many can share with you and guide you.

You can definitely do HP in one day, especially if you go on a weekday. If on a weekend or holiday period, definitely get the Express Pass or stay in one of the hotels that includes it (Hard Rock or Royal Pacific).

Yes I did it in a 4 hour night. Microsoft Conference Party. But you can definitely do it in a day on a less crowded weekday. Shoot for. Tuesday or Wednesday. Do not attempt it on a weekend right now.

Last edited:

I am a far way from a high school senior, and neither of us were top 10% of our class :duck:- BUT we did HP in 5 hours on a weekday in May last year, so it is doable.
Or you can take a 2 days and soak it all in.

You can definitely do HP in one day, especially if you go on a weekday. If on a weekend or holiday period, definitely get the Express Pass or stay in one of the hotels that includes it (Hard Rock or Royal Pacific).
Thanks, I'm flying down on 10/26, plan to go to the park on that tuesday 10/27.
Yes I did it in a 4 hour night. Microsoft Conference Party. But you can definitely do it in a day on a less crowded weekday. Shoot for. Tuesday or Wednesday. Do not attempt it on a weekend right now.
We plan to go to the park on a Tuesday.

One big thing to keep in mind is that you will need the tickets that cover both parks as Harry Potter is split between both Studios and Islands. You also can't ride the Hogwarts Express without park to park tickets.
I think the plan from ruthies12 sounds great too. Overall just go have fun but for a big Potter fan's first time I'd start with Studios so you can go on the journey from the books with Gringotts bank and Diagon Alley then ride the train over to Hogsmeade and Hogwarts.
Make sure to ride the train back to Studios as well because the experience is different each direction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!