Harry Potter Universal vs. Warner Bros. Studio Tour in London?

fredandkell

I'd rather be cruising
Has anyone been to both the Harry Potter experiences in Orlando and the Harry Potter experiences in London, specifically the Warner Bros. studio tour up in Watford? I was wondering what is the same and what is different and if it is worth going to both.

They're quite different. The studio tour is a tour of the actual sets where the films were filmed, featuring the actual costumes, props, etc. It's about seeing how the movie was made, and visiting the places you've seen in the films. There are no rides.

The Universal lands are well-themed theme park lands. It's immersive, and fun in a different way.

Last edited:

PP explained it well

Ive been to Universal Studios Hollywood Harry Potter Land and The Warner Bros Harry Potter Studio Tour in London.

Universal Studios Hollywood Harry Potter Land is a sanitized recreation of the Harry Potter world. You are walking into the movies / books and experiencing the world as if you were a character in the books / films.

In London you are experiencing the real life movie magic. You are walking in the footsteps of Daniel Radcliffe , Emma Watson , Rupert Grint and all the other actors and crew who made the words of J K Rowling come to life. You see the behind the scenes, how they did things, the real sets and props used in the films. It is the actual studio buildings where all the actors and crew worked for nearly 10 years to make all the films.

There are interactive upcharge experiences. You can ride a broom on a green screen backdrop and then see how that footage of you would look like in the films.

I have! They are very different. Universal is a theme park, and the studio tour is more like a museum exhibit. I think they are both 100% worth it, but I’m a huge Harry Potter fan.

They both have butterbeer.
Good to know! I'm glad you think they are both worth it.

my wife huge HP loves both as well bean multiple times to both and she loves it last time even managed the cursed child, myself I like HP and see the London part as I see a museum much prefer the theme park for me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter