Harry Potter- Wizarding World FAQ

As things are getting nearer, I am starting to think of our plans around WWoHP. I know these will have been covered in various ways in various places, but short of reading everything (and still having questions), I hope you guys can help clarify for me!
(we are staying at RPR, 3 park days, park to park passes)

1. Express passes on HP rides - what is missed from the queues?
2. If you express pass an HP ride, are you then able to go through a queue as a visitor only? ( I remember reading about castle only line - is that the same as the queue for everyone, or is it separate?) If visitor only, does that mean you can take photos? (are they cameras in lockers or cameras secured on body type rides?)
3. I am fat, so am resigned to missing out on FJ, but is there any discrepancy between the test seat and the actual seat - is it worth trying to get on to it even if you can't make the test seat work for you? I am totally ok with failing, if trying means there might be a chance. Is this one of the rides where they brought in a seat suited to larger riders? Or is that other rides in the park?

Thank you all so much for everything you share with us, you make our holidays that much better because of all you share.

As things are getting nearer, I am starting to think of our plans around WWoHP. I know these will have been covered in various ways in various places, but short of reading everything (and still having questions), I hope you guys can help clarify for me!
(we are staying at RPR, 3 park days, park to park passes)

1. Express passes on HP rides - what is missed from the queues?
2. If you express pass an HP ride, are you then able to go through a queue as a visitor only? ( I remember reading about castle only line - is that the same as the queue for everyone, or is it separate?) If visitor only, does that mean you can take photos? (are they cameras in lockers or cameras secured on body type rides?)
3. I am fat, so am resigned to missing out on FJ, but is there any discrepancy between the test seat and the actual seat - is it worth trying to get on to it even if you can't make the test seat work for you? I am totally ok with failing, if trying means there might be a chance. Is this one of the rides where they brought in a seat suited to larger riders? Or is that other rides in the park?

Thank you all so much for everything you share with us, you make our holidays that much better because of all you share.

Try the test seat for FJ :thumbsup2 Also the TM are usually good at judging what seat you`ll need........and they are discreet. In my experience anyway. Don`t be put off by anyone around the seats, most wont notice you trying them, and anyone who does look isn't worth bothering about.

They have seats with different/altered restraints for larger folks......these seats are at the end of the row.

When you try the test seat, try and fit your butt as far back in the seat as you can.......good luck, I hope you do fit ok, it`s a fun ride.

Oh I don't care at all about the whole fat thing - I know I am fat, but I love myself! And people looking at me doesn't make me any more or less fat. And if they are the rare breed that should say something, even to each other under muttered breath, well gosh. I might be fat, but at least I am pretty much a decent person - unlike them!

Yay for different restraints - are those altered seats different to the test one? And thanks for the advice on scooting the butt back, I hadn't heard that! I shall be sucking it all in in the hope I make it!

Good for you!! I`m exactly the same.........it would be a brave person to comment about me...especially if my husband overheard!!!

There are 2 test seats, one with each type of restraint.........can`t remember which is which but you`ll know or a TM will tell you........sucking it all in works wonders at times..........:D

We are going to do both parks in a 1 or 2 day park hopper pass. This will be major busy time, Easter next year. We only want to do the Harry Potter stuff. Would it make sense for us to just stay at the cheaper onsite hotels that only offer 1 hour early entry or the ones that give the express pass? Aren't the Harry Potter rides excluded in the express pass? Also, how do we know if there will be early entry at all on the day we are there? If there isn't, should we just stay offsite?

Don't even think about buying the collectible (prop replica) character wands at the Wizarding World these days. They used to be about $27 each when I bought my first one a few years ago (about on a par with the Noble Collection website prices) but now most of them are $50!! Get them from Noble directly for about $15 cheaper.

Andre

Convinced my 74 year old mother to go on FJ and she didn't hesitate. Now, she doesn't trust my explanations for any rides. So long Gringots.

Convinced my 74 year old mother to go on FJ and she didn't hesitate. Now, she doesn't trust my explanations for any rides. So long Gringots.

If in doubt, try Gringott's FIRST. As a generally non thrill-ride person I find Forbidden Journey way more intense.

Andre

Planning our first trip to Wizarding World of HP and have SO much to learn! Staying at Hard Rock for the Express Pass. Are some HP rides limited to one ride and not unlimited? We will be there on HHN days so the parks close a bit early so we plan to turn into early risers for a few days.

There's no express on EFG. It's standby or single rider.

It is listed om Universal's Express Pass list of participating rides. Is this a recent update? It seems like all HP rides are included on the list.

Last edited:
Planning our first trip to Wizarding World of HP and have SO much to learn! Staying at Hard Rock for the Express Pass. Are some HP rides limited to one ride and not unlimited? We will be there on HHN days so the parks close a bit early so we plan to turn into early risers for a few days.

It is listed om Universal's Express Pass list of participating rides. Is this a recent update? It seems like all HP rides are included on the list.

You read an older post
In the begging, Potter rides did not have ep
That has changed sometime back and gringotts and forbidden journey do have ep lines

Is there anything available in the HP gift shops that's unique and can't be found in the online shops or elsewhere?

When we go to Universal we will have an 8 yo and 10 yo, both big Harry Potter fans. We will be coming to Universal after a Disney Cruise, so we likely won't be able to take advantage of early entry that morning. The 8 yo is very tiny 48" and can't ride many roller coasters. Which park should we visit to get the most HP given that limitation? A two park ticket for one day is $175 which seems like a lot just to take the train, so if we can just do a one park ticket that might be worth it. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!