Has anybody ever had their stroller stolen while in park?

whoever

DIS Veteran
Reading another thread here today, and its never crossed our minds that someone would steal a stroller. That being said, they can be expensive ($3-400 in some cases). Anybody ever had their stroller stolen while in the parks?

Reading another thread here today, and its never crossed our minds that someone would steal a stroller. That being said, they can be expensive ($3-400 in some cases). Anybody ever had their stroller stolen while in the parks?

I spent 5 years working at Universal, and during that time I never once heard of someone stealing a stroller. Stuff out of a stroller, yes. The stroller itself, no.

Four Disney trips and two SeaWorld trips with pricey European strollers, never had one stolen.

Also never had anything stolen out of one.

I have never heard about a stroller but I remember reading a post where someone said their SIL had a very expensive Coach diaper bag nicked.

I just wanted to add, we did find on our last trip that our strollers were moved by CM's at least 3 times. I guess sometimes area's become a little and cramped with strollers, so CM's move and condense them. It never took very long to locate them or anything...I just wanted to fill you in that incase you come off a ride and find your stroller isn't where you left it, don't start to panic. :)

I just wanted to add, we did find on our last trip that our strollers were moved by CM's at least 3 times. I guess sometimes area's become a little and cramped with strollers, so CM's move and condense them. It never took very long to locate them or anything...I just wanted to fill you in that incase you come off a ride and find your stroller isn't where you left it, don't start to panic. :)

Plus people tend to just clump them up in a jumble. When greeters have a few minutes, we tend to go line them up neatly so people can not only find them easily but have room to get them out of the bunch :) Plus it gets them out of the sidewalk.

You can always do like people do with their suitcases ... if you rent a park stroller, bring something big and obnoxious to tie to the handle. No, your husband won't work :rotfl: but a shower poofy thing or a bright ribbon makes spotting your stroller out of the masses of identical ones much easier.

We regularly leave our stroller full of stuff in the park. We've never lost it or anything in it. We don't own one of those $500 strollers though. That being said, since I live in San Diego, close to Legoland, I hear lots of stories of strollers (BOBs mostly) disappearing there. I have no real data on this, so know that I've only heard rumors, so it could be completely untrue.

As others have said though, your stroller will regularly be moved by CM's especially on busy days so don't panic if your stroller isn't exactly where you parked it.

Never had our stroller stolen - even the Bob, but we have had sunglasses stolen out of the stroller.

Yes strollers are stolen. Sometimes accidentally (two similar strollers in the same area), sometimes for real. People often look on Craigslist and find obviously stolen stroller listings.

We had stuff stolen out of a rental stroller and once off of a rental. And another time our rental was absolutely positively gone. Parked it in a stroller area in critter country, then it was gone. Not anywhere there, not in HM area, not in potc area. And the strollers it was parked with were still there. But by that time we had learned to keep nothing in or on it so there was no loss. Can't remember if we got a replacement rental. I'm sure that was accidental though.

I've never had one stolen but have heard of others who have. We lock our front wheels together with a cable lock. We have a 7 year old chicco. Nothing fancy.

I think I read in another thread here someone posting about a friend who had their fancy stroller stolen. They were local and checked Craigslist often and found their stroller. Went to go look at it and confronted the lady. She had an entire garage full of strollers! She told them they could have anything they wanted if they didn't call the police. They did. So wrong!!!

Our $20 Wal-mart crappy stroller was stolen (and not moved, DH looked for it for awhile). It was the end of the night and he parked it outside of one of the shops while he ran in to grab something and came out and it was gone. I'm guessing someone with a tired kid swiped it figuring it was only worth $20...but it was an inconvenience anyway. Our nicer stroller wasn't touched. Mark it as yours...a tag, lights, stuff hanging off of the handles. etc.

I read in a touring book once to hang a bag with what looks like a dirty diaper in it from the handle. Might be enough for a thief to move to the next one, if you're worried. :)

BriannaRuth said:
Four Disney trips and two SeaWorld trips with pricey European strollers, never had one stolen.

Also never had anything stolen out of one.

Maybe there were not any Europeans in the park at those times?

;) lol.....

Hi,

Yes, we had our stroller stolen from outside Napa Rose a few years ago. (It was a Peg Perego--and though it had some wear on it, we'd been expecting to be able to use it for a bit longer for DS-[then]-3 for things like theme parks, etc.). We were staying at the Grand Californian, and the CMs kept insisting that it would "turn up" (it didn't, and it happened to be the last night of a six-day stay). They gave us a voucher for a rental stroller for the last day and told us to keep calling to see if it showed up.

I was pretty persistent about the issue after the fact, as I would have brought the stroller inside the restaurant if it hadn't been against the rules. Or would have put a lock on it outside the restaurant--which also would have been against the rules. After about a month, Disneyland did, in fact, reimburse us for the replacement cost of the stroller. (I didn't ask for what it would have cost new--just what it would cost me for a decent-condition used one would be.) I had to sign a statement that said that DLR wasn't taking responsibility for the theft, but was doing this as a courtesy to us as guests.

My kids, now 9 and 5, still refer to Napa Rose as "the place where they steal strollers"--but they (and we) love it there anyway. :-)

I have never had a stroller stolen, even the most expensive one I purchased. I almost never left my expensive ones alone however. They seemed too tempting of targets.
We use Baby Jogger City Micro strollers now, and we figure if they get stolen we can easily buy new ones.

I have never had a stroller stolen (although my friend did at Seaworld) but always bring a cheapie stroller with us (an old Peg Perego froma garge sale) because we usually use a Bugaboo Frog ($800) and I don't want to risk it.

My co-worker had theirs stolen. It was a cheaper umbrella stroller. They found one just like it after looking around for a bit, but the one left behind was older, broken to the point of being not-usable, and didn't have any of their stuff in it. Someone pulled a switch-a-roo when theirs broke. Disney gave them a rental coupon.

Never had our stolen but have had it moved a lot by CMs. We use a stroller sign in case a CM ever misplaces it so they can locate who it belongs to at the end of the night. We have a cheap walmart $80 stroller that we use only for travel just incase the airline misplaces/damages it or it's stollen.

When we travel to WDW ( and our upcoming trip to DL) I cover the stroller in battery operated LED lights. When the sunsets I turn on the lights and I always know where it's parked when we exit a ride. It also makes it a "crowd parter" as everyone sees us coming and doesn't bump into us in the dark (we are our own light parade float, lol).

My friend did. But she was also the not so smart person who left her diaper bag, 500 dollar camera, an wallet full of cash out in the open for somebody to see. I think they stole the stroller because it would have looked rather obvious when they were just picking things off the stroller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!