Has anybody ever had their stroller stolen while in park?

We've had one stollen and it wasn't even WORTH stealing. We were riding ToT for the 10th time during a rain storm and we passed by the stroller several times. Always safe. On our last trip, stroller was gone. We asked a CM if it had been moved and the answer was no. Told us to check guest services. No stroller. Was told to check lost and found. No stroller. Only thing we could figure is that someone had a crying child and was in need of what they may have (hopefully) thought was an abandoned stroller because truthfully, the stroller was in that bad of shape. ;) Disney couldn't have been nicer. Comped us a stroller for the rest of our vacation. Our son was beside himself crying and guest services let him pick out a toy of his choice in one of the shops.

When we were in the parks in 2009, we had brought our stroller from New Zealand - and it had a skateboard attachment on the back for my older child to ride on while the younger was in the front. We had LOTS of people stop and ask us where we'd bought it (it was reasonably unique in those days) but, despite the obvious interest, it never got stolen or moved. On the whole, people are pretty honest and you'd be very unlucky to have that happen. However, it always pays to have travel insurance just in case - particularly if you are coming from outside the US.

Our Maclaren double stroller was stolen several years ago when it was parked in front of Small World. Never saw it again.

We had our stroller stolen from outside Soarin' in 2010. It was recovered at the end of the night in Bugsland, which Security had told us was a good possibility. The thieves had taken a few items out of it (including the camera we forgot to grab and take with us and a bag of m n m's!)...but most things were left alone. Ironically, it was during the first part of this trip that we had decided we didn't really need it anymore and wouldn't bring it the next go round! :confused3

Hi,

Yes, we had our stroller stolen from outside Napa Rose a few years ago. (It was a Peg Perego--and though it had some wear on it, we'd been expecting to be able to use it for a bit longer for DS-[then]-3 for things like theme parks, etc.). We were staying at the Grand Californian, and the CMs kept insisting that it would "turn up" (it didn't, and it happened to be the last night of a six-day stay). They gave us a voucher for a rental stroller for the last day and told us to keep calling to see if it showed up.

I was pretty persistent about the issue after the fact, as I would have brought the stroller inside the restaurant if it hadn't been against the rules. Or would have put a lock on it outside the restaurant--which also would have been against the rules. After about a month, Disneyland did, in fact, reimburse us for the replacement cost of the stroller. (I didn't ask for what it would have cost new--just what it would cost me for a decent-condition used one would be.) I had to sign a statement that said that DLR wasn't taking responsibility for the theft, but was doing this as a courtesy to us as guests.

My kids, now 9 and 5, still refer to Napa Rose as "the place where they steal strollers"--but they (and we) love it there anyway. :-)

Do you know if there were surveillance cameras? :confused3 I know they're all over Disneyland, you would think it's the same with the resort hotels.

Me! At 3am at the 24 hour party in May 2015. Parked it outside Carrousell if Progress and came out to it being gone. We had all our phones and money on us but it was the 24 got party so had lots of stuff in the stroller—extra shoes, clothes, food, ponchos, etc. it was very upsetting. We spent the rest of the party doing searches for it (cast member suggested someone who was tired took the wrong one and would’ve dumpe it when it was realized. We thought this might be the case for awhile but we had our phone number on nearly every item in that stroller. If someone wanted to return it, they had every opportunity.)

I now have a Tile sewn into my stroller where it’s not visible. At least if someone takes it I have a chance of tracking it down. Plus if a cast member moves it, I can play the music to help me find it! That part is great.

I now have a Tile sewn into my stroller where it’s not visible. At least if someone takes it I have a chance of tracking it down. Plus if a cast member moves it, I can play the music to help me find it! That part is great.
Have you tried tracking your tile in the park? For me, I don't think I would be able to hear it, as I need to turn the tv off to track my keys. I'm curious if anyone has tried it as I have heard of people putting tiles on strollers and kids, but not heard of anyone actually tracking while in the park.

Strollers do get stolen, especially the expensive ones, there was recently a new story about a lady who was finally caught stealing strollers after she stole a stroke that was worth something like $1,000. Something else I have noticed, The more expensive the stroller, the harder it seems to be to collapse and remember you will have to collapse it several times, getting on and off teams, monorail, busses, at parades and shows, etc.

I would strongly recommend getting a cheap stroller to take to the park, but make sure it is easy to collapse. The reality is if you spent $10-$15 on it, having it get stolen isn't that big of a deal.

We like to add decorations to our stroller. I think it makes it less of a target. Stroller thieves can't use the excuse that they thought it was theirs if the get caught, when you have it clearly marked. We like to tie a flag banner or brightly covered scarf on ours. I tie it so it is difficult to remove. Next time we go I plan to get a string of lights for it too, and possibly sign with our name. We also don't keep cameras or other valuables in it. Thieves like easy targets, so we just do what we can to make it harder for them. Of course it is no guarantee that it will work, but we haven't had a problem so far.

Have you tried tracking your tile in the park? For me, I don't think I would be able to hear it, as I need to turn the tv off to track my keys. I'm curious if anyone has tried it as I have heard of people putting tiles on strollers and kids, but not heard of anyone actually tracking while in the park.
That's where the app telling you how close or far you are from it helps. I would also suggest the Tile Sport since it is not only water proof, it also has double the range.

That's where the app telling you how close or far you are from it helps. I would also suggest the Tile Sport since it is not only water proof, it also has double the range.
But it can only tell you anything if you are close enough for a bluetooth signal (they are not GPS.) A regular tile is 100', the sport is 200'. If someone has walked off with your stroller, it won't be helpful if they have gone further than 200'. If it is just moved, it will be easier, you just keep walking around pinging it, but having something unique attached will be easier to see.

But it can only tell you anything if you are close enough for a bluetooth signal (they are not GPS.) A regular tile is 100', the sport is 200'. If someone has walked off with your stroller, it won't be helpful if they have gone further than 200'. If it is just moved, it will be easier, you just keep walking around pinging it, but having something unique attached will be easier to see.
Yes but it also works with crowd sourced location tracking. So if someone else in the park who has the Tile app happens to walk past it, it will ping your phone and give you the location. You don’t have to be the one near it, if you start tracking it. It can also send a signal to that person letting them know something missing is nearby.

It does happen. Mostly to people who use their stroller as a pack mule. Theives want to poke around in your stuff to see if there is anything valuable, so they will take it somewhere out of sight to go through it. Often it gets dumped there and you’ll find it the next day in lost and found, but not always.
I have never personally had a problem in 13 years of taking strollers to the park at least monthly or more. I don’t lock my wheels and I don’t bring a cheapo stroller that isn’t comfortable. What we do is
- knot 2” wide fabric red and white polka dot ribbons around the handle on both sides. It makes it easy to find and easier to identify so less attractive to theives
- never ever leave anything in the basket. Nothing to steal, not interesting
- always park in the designated parking, less likely a CM will move it
- I also park backwards and set my brakes, and try to park against a rail or in a second row. Harder to access, less likely to be attractive for a quick theft

Oh, and I never used the infant car seat attached to the stroller. Heaven forbid the stroller was stolen, we would have no way to leave!

Yes but it also works with crowd sourced location tracking. So if someone else in the park who has the Tile app happens to walk past it, it will ping your phone and give you the location. You don’t have to be the one near it, if you start tracking it. It can also send a signal to that person letting them know something missing is nearby.
IF they have the Tile App running. Due to battery issues, mine is rarely running, except when I need it.

IF they have the Tile App running. Due to battery issues, mine is rarely running, except when I need it.
You’d be surprised how many people leave them running! I leave mine on for the most part, I don’t find it drains much faster and I always carry a backup battery. Just because I would hope if something of mine got stolen or lost that someone else would help me out :-)

We have never had a stroller stolen (anything from a $30 umbrella stroller to a $300 double stroller). We also used to pack our strollers full of supplies for our twins, but again, nothing ever was stolen. Moved by a CM, yes, but never stolen. I know it happens, but not as often as one might expect.

OH and I always have a luggage tag with our names and contact info looped around a leg inside the basket. Sort of hidden at first glance, but if you were looking for identifying info you'd find it. That way if it did get moved or misplaced or dumped, and we had to report it to lost and found, they can easily identify that it is ours.

My friend did. But she was also the not so smart person who left her diaper bag, 500 dollar camera, an wallet full of cash out in the open for somebody to see. I think they stole the stroller because it would have looked rather obvious when they were just picking things off the stroller.
:scared: I’m always amazed when I see personal items, purses etc just left in a stroller.

Just saw someone post on Facebook that their wagon stroller was stolen and apparently someone even overheard the persons kid asking, oh are we borrowing their stroller? So yes, it DOES happen. One other advantage of having a tile sewn into it would be that if the stroller did get stolen and you think you have found it, it becomes very easy to prove that it is indeed yours.

We always brought our nice strollers to the parks (and I was a bit of a stroller snob ) and never had one stolen, though I did realize it was a risk. We have had a few small things stolen from the stroller basket, though nothing major. A sweatshirt, a few dollar store type toys purchased to entertain the kids during long waits, etc...

We didn't leave much in the stroller. I used to always have two bags that we had at theme parks, a small backpack that had all the valuables and a bigger bag that just had diapers, wipes, a few snacks, sunscreen, change of clothes for the little ones etc... I did leave the bigger bag in the stroller but anything in there could be easily replaced with a quick trip to the hotel room or purchased in the park. The smaller back pack had things like my wallet, phone, camera, one or two diapers and a small thing of wipes and came with me everywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter