Has anybody ever had their stroller stolen while in park?

IF they have the Tile App running. Due to battery issues, mine is rarely running, except when I need it.
Actually, on MOST phones the Tile app works even if it isn't running thin the background as of about a month ago or so. The exception being of you are running Android Oreo.

I only took a stroller once when DD was 3 and it was like a $40 one. Very simple. I never put anything in it that i did not want to get stolen. I always carry tickets, wallet and phone. We never really buy souvenirs until after we are done with the park for the day. And if we do DH usually has an empty backpack ready to put stuff in.

Just because it is the happiest place on earth does not mean people wont steal.

Not had a stroller stolen. Have had them moved by CM even when I've parked it in clearly marked parking areas. They have a habit of moving them to consolidate space.

I need to mark mine for our upcoming trip. The last few visits I've seen so many identical strollers to mine. That's what I get for buying a popular, inexpensive, lightweight. But they have different colors and I guess the black and green is popular. I almost took someone else's stroller once on a recent trip. Noticed it wasn't mine when I went to get water from the basket.

We travel light and only pack replaceable items like food and diapers (done with those finally) in the stroller basket unless it's night time and we're planning to watch a show then we might bring a blanket, jackets, and bubble wands. We don't feel like we need a ton of stuff. Haven't had anything taken from the stroller yet.

Haven't had ours stolen or anything stolen from it. We usually take a $50 Kolcraft Cloud Plus and store snacks and sweatshirts in the basket. Everything could be replaced by a trip down Harbor to Target and less than $100. We always take our camera and a backpack (with my daughter's epi-pen and inhaler) with us. Anything that is important or hard to replace comes with us.

Yes, our was stolen while we watched a show at the castle steps in 2011. We parked it up and after the show it was gone. We had to go to Target to buy another. We went to lost and found the next day but no luck. :sad2:

Yes. A park rental with an AP popcorn bucket and a blanket stuffed in the bottom. Disney bought us a new blanket and bucket and gave us free rental for the duration of our trip.

I had the crappiest stroller Stolen 3 years ago in the Canada pavilion. I bought it at a thrift shop in Germany when we were living there . It did have a mickey on it, a basket with my expensive Jack Wolfskin day pack ( filled with nothing but ponchos and baby stuff), and a shade cover . The CM offered us a free stroller renta and popcorn , but we'd have to walk all the way back to the front gate, and our baby was exhausted , we just went back to the hotel. It wasn't at all Disney's fault , but I tell you it really sucked the magic right out of that trip. SO they told us to keep checking with lost and found , sometimes people ditch them in the parking lot. Sure enough 2 days later my expensive bag turned up ( untouched) but the thrift shop stroller never did. People are crumby everywhere , even at Disney. I'll never forget the feeling of losing faith in humanity that day. I was just happy the thief didn't know what the bag was worth, I'm SO glad we are done with strollers!!

I had a Disney rental stroller 'stolen' in.....wait for it.....1985. So 'stroller-napping' been going on a long time.

It had been sitting with just a dozen or so other strollers (there weren't as many in the parks back then as there are now) and none of the rentals in the group had my rental tag on it. Disney just gave me a 'new' rental.

Yep, had a Bugaboo Frog stolen in Critter Country years ago. Was told it relatively common.

After that we use a bike lock (but keep bringing a stroller).

Strollers do get stolen, especially the expensive ones, there was recently a new story about a lady who was finally caught stealing strollers after she stole a stroke that was worth something like $1,000. Something else I have noticed, The more expensive the stroller, the harder it seems to be to collapse and remember you will have to collapse it several times, getting on and off teams, monorail, busses, at parades and shows, etc.

I would strongly recommend getting a cheap stroller to take to the park, but make sure it is easy to collapse. The reality is if you spent $10-$15 on it, having it get stolen isn't that big of a deal.
I’m short and the $20 strollers are still too small for me to push comfortably.I DONT Recommend this strategy!

Heads up to anyone trip planning...
my kiddo broke the cheap target lights first thing.

A friend had her camera stolen out of The basket under a bathroom stall.

Just saw someone post on Facebook that their wagon stroller was stolen and apparently someone even overheard the persons kid asking, oh are we borrowing their stroller? So yes, it DOES happen. One other advantage of having a tile sewn into it would be that if the stroller did get stolen and you think you have found it, it becomes very easy to prove that it is indeed yours.
:sad2: Wow, good example for your child!

Yes we did-- Magic Kingdom. DH was angry about it. Never got it back. For the rest of that trip Disney gave us a free rental. One day the rental was also stolen but Disney replaced that too. They told us the rentals are "stolen" all the time. On future trips, DH started leaving gross things on the stroller. Never had an issue again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!